Gabriel's Hybrid v2.0.4 (w/ BBM 5.0) is now available for 9500
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Gabriel's Hybrid v2.0.4 (w/ BBM 5.0) is now available for 9500

  1. #1
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times

    Thumbs up Gabriel's Hybrid v2.0.4 (w/ BBM 5.0) is now available for 9500

    Here its is... what you all have been waiting for... a hybrid that meets all your needs...


    Download Gabriel's hybrid V2.0.4 for 9500

    Download Gabriel's hybrid V2.0.4 for 9530



    Updated: July 19, 2009 5:00 AM GMT
    V2.0.4 changelog:
    - added 5.0.0.130 files
    - added BBM 5.0
    - added latest versions of Facebook & Documents To Go
    - better memory stability & performance

    Now the hybrid uses:
    - .151 radio
    - .151 base files
    - around 46 files from 5.0.0.130 OS
    - around 56 files from 4.7.1.40 OS
    - new BBM 5.0
    - latest version of Facebook (1.6.0.21)
    - latest version of Documents To Go (1.007.042)



    Updated: July 16, 2009 1:00 AM GMT
    V2.0.3 changelog:
    - added more 4.7.1.40 files
    - better memory stability & performance

    Now the hybrid uses:
    - .151 radio
    - .151 base files
    - around 11 files from 5.0.0.100 OS
    - around 93 files from 4.7.1.40 OS
    - latest version of Documents To Go (1.007.042)

    Updated: July 15, 2009 1:00 AM GMT
    V2.0.1 changelog:
    - added lots of 4.7.1.40 files
    Now the hybrid uses:
    - .151 radio
    - .151 base files
    - around 20 files from 5.0.0.100 OS
    - around 73 files from 4.7.1.40 OS
    - latest version of Documents To Go (1.007.042)


    Please note that I have included the latest version of Shrink-A-OS with this hybrid in the same folder.

    Please follow the steps below:

    - Once downloaded double click to run the installer
    - Click the next button to continue install
    - It will ask you if you want to create the destination directory click NO
    - Click the browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files>and select your current OS folder
    - Once selected click next to load the hybrid
    - Once finished click next and then use apploader to install on your phone

    Special thanks to BBCrackman and Lyricidal for letting me use files from their hybrids...

    I have this running on my 9500 and it seems very smooth and snappy...
    Please let me know your findings ...

    my meterberry findings so far:


    Enjoy!




  2. #2
    HellsAngel81 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.140
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    0 times
    The previous worked like a charm, im dying to test this one! Great job once again!

  3. #3
    654321ROD's Avatar
    654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Latest Os

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Here its is... what you all have been waiting for... a hybrid that meets all your needs...


    Download Gabriel's hybrid V2.0.4 for 9500

    Updated: July 19, 2009 5:00 AM GMT
    V2.0.4 changelog:
    - added 5.0.0.130 files
    - added BBM 5.0
    - added latest versions of Facebook & Documents To Go
    - better memory stability & performance

    Now the hybrid uses:
    - .151 radio
    - .151 base files
    - around 46 files from 5.0.0.130 OS
    - around 56 files from 4.7.1.40 OS
    - new BBM 5.0
    - latest version of Facebook (1.6.0.21)
    - latest version of Documents To Go (1.007.042)


    Enjoy!
    Gabriel I have to ask the following:- What is the obsession with the latest 5.0.0.130 and or 4.7.1.40 files? It is all very well putting the latest files in a hybrid ,but is there any real benefit to be derived. For example the difference between your first, 2.00 and the 2.03 hybrids are not really discernable although the GPS software was questionable in the earlier Os. The meterberry software also will not load .Non compatible device!!

    Confused

  4. #4
    HellsAngel81 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.140
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    0 times
    tip: for the ones that currently use the new BBM 5.0 backup your contact list first.

    This can be done by opening the bbm, pressing the bb button - backup contacts list.

    To restore them simply follow the same procedure but press restore contacts list

  5. #5
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times
    it is all about speeding things up... making the os more stable... reaching the ultimate performance limit...
    perfection is the keyword i guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by 654321ROD View Post
    Gabriel I have to ask the following:- What is the obsession with the latest 5.0.0.130 and or 4.7.1.40 files? It is all very well putting the latest files in a hybrid ,but is there any real benefit to be derived. For example the difference between your first, 2.00 and the 2.03 hybrids are not really discernable although the GPS software was questionable in the earlier Os. The meterberry software also will not load .Non compatible device!!

    Confused

  6. #6
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsAngel81 View Post
    tip: for the ones that currently use the new BBM 5.0 backup your contact list first.

    This can be done by opening the bbm, pressing the bb button - backup contacts list.

    To restore them simply follow the same procedure but press restore contacts list
    Your earlier post has been deleted at your request.

  7. #7
    yngwie77 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    PIN
    307E69DD
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    7.95 Hybrid
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    0 times
    Ohhh help please....I'm doin gthis for the first time and trying to upgrade from .148. I downloaded your hybrid and now going to install I can't find the file where my current OS is. When I go to my Research in Motion folder I don't have a shared file. All I have is two subfolders Blackberry and blackberry Media Sync. Is there a process I have to do of downloading my current OS onto my computer?

  8. #8
    654321ROD's Avatar
    654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Version 2.04

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    it is all about speeding things up... making the os more stable... reaching the ultimate performance limit...
    perfection is the keyword i guess...
    Got to be the best yet. You are the 9500 supremo!!

    Meterberry cannot be be loaded, any reason why? I think I know but not sure!
    Last edited by 654321ROD; 07-24-2009 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Observation

  9. #9
    wisnu235's Avatar
    wisnu235 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Device
    Blackberry Storm
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Posts
    57
    Liked
    0 times
    :hail:
    this last hybrid is outstanding..
    can't wait for next hybrid from you

  10. #10
    wisnu235's Avatar
    wisnu235 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Device
    Blackberry Storm
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Posts
    57
    Liked
    0 times
    just found a bugs today.. I can't directly record a voice note from media.
    Anyone has same problem on their handheld?

    *waiting for new hybrid since 9530 OS 5 has already leaked.

  11. #11
    654321ROD's Avatar
    654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Gabriel 2.04

    Quote Originally Posted by wisnu235 View Post
    just found a bugs today.. I can't directly record a voice note from media.
    Anyone has same problem on their handheld?

    *waiting for new hybrid since 9530 OS 5 has already leaked.
    I have Shrink Os all the VAD files thus cannot test your "bug". For me the hybrid is faultless. Mem constant at 38.8 Mb

  12. #12
    654321ROD's Avatar
    654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Gabriel 2.04

    Quote Originally Posted by yngwie77 View Post
    Ohhh help please....I'm doin gthis for the first time and trying to upgrade from .148. I downloaded your hybrid and now going to install I can't find the file where my current OS is. When I go to my Research in Motion folder I don't have a shared file. All I have is two subfolders Blackberry and blackberry Media Sync. Is there a process I have to do of downloading my current OS onto my computer?
    If you are running Os 148 chances are you are using a 9530. Check you have correct hybrid version and radio. Make sure your base the Os (151) is loaded on your PC you will find the necessary directories in :-

    c:\Program Files\Common\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

    Then hybridise followed by Shrink OS and use loader to upload to phone .
    Last edited by 654321ROD; 07-25-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: edit

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •