Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 145 to 152 of 442

  1. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oak Cliff, Texas, Un
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,339
    Wirelessly posted (Stormy 4)

    The battery pulls is like a system reset. Some times all the functions don't work until the third pull. I'm still at work. Can't really get into the details at t the moment. Also after you finish. The baterry pulls dial *22899 this will program your phone so it want be searching all the time for a signal.



  2. #146
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    .713
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRKELLY View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Stormy 4)

    The battery pulls is like a system reset. Some times all the functions don't work until the third pull. I'm still at work. Can't really get into the details at t the moment. Also after you finish. The baterry pulls dial *22899 this will program your phone so it want be searching all the time for a signal.
    The *22899 is for wireless cards, not really for phones. The provisioning for phones is *228, then press 1. To update the prl, you then dial *228, then press 2.

  3. #147
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stevealb View Post
    The *22899 is for wireless cards, not really for phones. The provisioning for phones is *228, then press 1. To update the prl, you then dial *228, then press 2.
    If I remember correctly *22899 bypasses a couple of the prompts you get if you were to dial *228.



  4. #148
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    .713
    Posts
    45
    Yes, it does skip the prompts because wireless cards don't allow you to enter the prompts. I remember hearing that the provisioning is a bit different for wireless cards than for phones, but I don't believe it is harmful.

    I would rather provision the phone with what was meant to be used for phones, which is *228 and then using the prompts.

  5. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by stevealb View Post
    Yes, it does skip the prompts because wireless cards don't allow you to enter the prompts. I remember hearing that the provisioning is a bit different for wireless cards than for phones, but I don't believe it is harmful.

    I would rather provision the phone with what was meant to be used for phones, which is *228 and then using the prompts.
    Valid point I have done it both ways numerous times and the only difference I have noticed is the skipping of options using 22899. Either way will get the job done though



  6. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SC, originally Boston, MA
    Device
    STORM 2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.
    Posts
    218
    Got a new version in the works

    77 - 5.0.0.130 files

    19 - 4.7.1.40 files 96 files total


    bbm 5

    updated the docs to go (in the removed files folder) for those who use it

    Its in testing now, if all goes will it will be out soon.

  7. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Motorola Razr2
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Just a side note berry

    Even if you shrink the voice note recorder you can still send them through BBM if you start it in there
    Hi Bryan,
    I tried to record a voice note and I could not cause I took it off when I shrunk my os. When I go into media and click voice note and click the record button, it just takes me back to the media homescreen. That was what I was getting at. And I found it cool that you can send pics and audio thru bbm 5.0. Thanks for the heads up on that one chief

  8. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by berryuser View Post
    Hi Bryan,
    I tried to record a voice note and I could not cause I took it off when I shrunk my os. When I go into media and click voice note and click the record button, it just takes me back to the media homescreen. That was what I was getting at. And I found it cool that you can send pics and audio thru bbm 5.0. Thanks for the heads up on that one chief
    Yep Laney was the one that figured out that even though you shrink off the feature you can still use it as long as your in BBM. I shrink it off every install but can still send them through BBM as long as you go in and hit bb key send voice note.

Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •