BBCrackmans V7.1.4-.151 Findings - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 255

Thread: BBCrackmans V7.1.4-.151 Findings

  1. #41
    freebirds87's Avatar
    freebirds87 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow freebirds87 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United States
    PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.519
    Posts
    99
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah I'm still having the MMS issues. The phone will not send audio through MMS.... I've been able to send audio to one person successfully but that's it??? Very weird how it would even allow it one time. I give up, this problem has been racking my brain ever since .151 java was first found.

    Anyone have a possible solution? (Replacing the MMS file has made the menu option inside the MMS message go away)




  2. #42
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by freebirds87
    Yeah I'm still having the MMS issues. The phone will not send audio through MMS.... I've been able to send audio to one person successfully but that's it??? Very weird how it would even allow it one time. I give up, this problem has been racking my brain ever since .151 java was first found.

    Anyone have a possible solution? (Replacing the MMS file has made the menu option inside the MMS message go away)
    Its a known issue with .151. At least a couple people reported this. I would recommend reflashing the phone by doing the following:
    *Back up everything (phone and 3rd party apps)
    *uninstall all OS from pc thru add/remove programs
    *delete remains of hybrids if you used them by going to c: program files>common files>research in motion> shared>loader files
    *wipe phone by doing a security wipe
    *wipe phone with NBSAK or JL
    *load .75 to phone, then straight to .148 and then to either .151 or a hybrid. (you would need to download and install each of those Os to pc)
    *then restore everything and do 3 60-second battery pulls

    If you would rather not go thru all those steps, you can use crack util to change out the mms .cod from .148 as it works fine.

    Keep us posted

  3. #43
    jcorv58's Avatar
    jcorv58 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    .743
    Posts
    146
    Liked
    0 times
    So is anyone else on tmobile and still using the .151 radio and holding a stable EDGE even when using data intensive apps? I'm hoping to say goodbye to .90 radio soon

  4. #44
    smoke1991 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    35
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Its a known issue with .151. At least a couple people reported this. I would recommend reflashing the phone by doing the following:
    *Back up everything (phone and 3rd party apps)
    *uninstall all OS from pc thru add/remove programs
    *delete remains of hybrids if you used them by going to c: program files>common files>research in motion> shared>loader files
    *wipe phone by doing a security wipe
    *wipe phone with NBSAK or JL
    *load .75 to phone, then straight to .148 and then to either .151 or a hybrid. (you would need to download and install each of those Os to pc)
    *then restore everything and do 3 60-second battery pulls

    If you would rather not go thru all those steps, you can use crack util to change out the mms .cod from .148 as it works fine.

    Keep us posted

    I have the MMS issue as well as i cant send out MMS messages. when people receive them its just blank. im going to try somthing and post my results. brb!

  5. #45
    3rd Stng is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Device
    Storm2 (9550)
    OS
    5.0.0.713
    Posts
    36
    Liked
    0 times
    Quick install question. In the past whenever I upgraded a BBCM hybrid, I completely uninstalled the RIM OS and the removed the files out of the Shared folder. Is this necessary or can I just install CM's 7.1.4 over top of the 7.1.2 I currently have installed on my machine? I plan to wipe my device, just curious if I need to pseudo wipe the installation folder on my PC.

  6. #46
    Sooner33's Avatar
    Sooner33 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    PIN
    Ask and I Might Tell
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    .131 + 5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    180
    Liked
    0 times
    maybe i did something different i dont have the mms issues
    BOOMER SOONER

  7. #47
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Stng
    Quick install question. In the past whenever I upgraded a BBCM hybrid, I completely uninstalled the RIM OS and the removed the files out of the Shared folder. Is this necessary or can I just install CM's 7.1.4 over top of the 7.1.2 I currently have installed on my machine? I plan to wipe my device, just curious if I need to pseudo wipe the installation folder on my PC.
    You can do that but I would recommend a fresh start each time.

  8. #48
    808Storming's Avatar
    808Storming is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Posts
    125
    Liked
    0 times
    Installing a hybrid on top of a hybrid is not recommended. Start with a clean install of a straight OS.

  9. #49
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Stng View Post
    Quick install question. In the past whenever I upgraded a BBCM hybrid, I completely uninstalled the RIM OS and the removed the files out of the Shared folder. Is this necessary or can I just install CM's 7.1.4 over top of the 7.1.2 I currently have installed on my machine? I plan to wipe my device, just curious if I need to pseudo wipe the installation folder on my PC.
    Welcome to BBOS 3rd Stng.

  10. #50
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner33 View Post
    maybe i did something different i dont have the mms issues
    Sooner at this point it seems random? I didn't have the mms issue on straight.151 or V7.1.4? Unless we can find a common factor it might have to go into the twilight zone file at:

  11. #51
    Paradio's Avatar
    Paradio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In Paradise
    PIN
    Available
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.591 w/latest h
    Posts
    210
    Liked
    0 times
    I used shrink an os on BBC's hybrid over 151 OS. and after settling in for a day, got a camera problem where it would freeze or show a white or black screen. I came up with a quick fix yesterday which I reported on and Got it working with a green focus box.. I decided to re-install without shrinking and now I lost the green focus box in the camera. Does everyone have their Green focus box with the BBC 7.1.4 H w/ 151? If so, I may have to try something else.
    Last edited by Paradio; 07-14-2009 at 11:12 PM.

  12. #52
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradio View Post
    I used shrink an os on BBC's hybrid over 151 OS. and after settling in for a day, got a camera problem where it would freeze or show a white or black screen. I came up with a quick fix yesterday which I reported on and Got it working with a green focus box.. I decided to re-install without shrinking and now I lost the green focus box in the camera. Does everyone have their Green focus box with the BBC 7.1.4 H w/ 151? If so, I may have to try something else.
    I'm running BBC hybrid shrunk and the camera and everything else is working great. Sorry to hear you're having these problems.

  13. #53
    HarlyFan's Avatar
    HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Powell, Ohio
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Posts
    469
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradio View Post
    I used shrink an os on BBC's hybrid over 151 OS. and after settling in for a day, got a camera problem where it would freeze or show a white or black screen. I came up with a quick fix yesterday which I reported on and Got it working with a green focus box.. I decided to re-install without shrinking and now I lost the green focus box in the camera. Does everyone have their Green focus box with the BBC 7.1.4 H w/ 151? If so, I may have to try something else.
    I also used Shrink on BBC's Hybrid without any issues. It has been repoted several times that many are experiencing issues with Shrink but knock on wood so far I am not one of that group because I really do like the effects!

  14. #54
    curtcrack88's Avatar
    curtcrack88 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    Just an update to my findings...Battery life is probably the best I have ever had, normally I will play with my phone all day at work and then have to scramble home to charge it but since installed I leave work with more than half battery life!! Memory is still steady I think the lowest I have dropped to is 35mb and on battery pull its back up to 49...Still no clocks, havent had any keyboard lag either and accelormeter has been PERFECT! Also no issues with MMS whatsoever

    "The foremost art of a king is the ability to endure hatred"
    Blackberry :AR15firing:Competition

  15. #55
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    24 hours with this hybrid and I'm truly impressed. Yesterday I started with 50mb and after playing all day it held steady at around 43mb. Last night at work I surfed BBOS mobile and BBM'ed a lot and it dropped into the mid 30's. Still not too bad at all. I don't use quickpull and I dont restart my phone at night. So I went to bed last night and this morning woke up to see 40mb! This sucker actually gained back most of the memory I lost last night. This 151 radio is amazing. And great job BBC. I have only seen the spinning clock once for just a brief second and that was while the browser was open in the background. Great Hybrid!
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  16. #56
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    since installing yesterday this has been the best os to this date, beats anyone elses hybrid. I haven't had a single clock yet, after 24 hours my memory is at 45.7 from 51 with HEAVY usage. I'm lovin it
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  17. #57
    staby is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    I loaded this last night. I only got my storm a month or so ago, but I have never noticed any color banding until after loading this hybrid. It is especially noticeable while the phone is locked in landscape mode.

    I'll probably try and reload it today if I can find some free time just to make sure it isn't a one off issue.

    By the way, I was running straight .151 before, wiped, JL wiped, installed fresh OS to computer, loaded hybrid, shrunk, installed. So I believe I followed the correct procedure.

    If I load it again with a shrunk OS and I still have the problem, I'll try loading with the full hybrid OS and see how that goes.

    Otherwise, this hybrid is the bees knees. A lot faster than previous OS'. I was ready to return my storm until I found this site. Now I really like my phone.

  18. #58
    tank244's Avatar
    tank244 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow tank244 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Posts
    229
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by jcorv58
    So is anyone else on tmobile and still using the .151 radio and holding a stable EDGE even when using data intensive apps? I'm hoping to say goodbye to .90 radio soon
    The new radio is def working pretty well. MMS is weird but eventually works.
    Internet browsing is solid but slacker radio won't work. EDGE drops to edge.
    With the new hybrid, browsing is fassstttt. Opera is great for larger websites.
    All in all its solid ...even though its not perfect its better than the headache with .90!
    Creator of Tank's Hybrids ACT 1, 2 and 3 - Simply Perfect Blends

    Improving the Storm, one .COD at a time...

  19. #59
    jcorv58's Avatar
    jcorv58 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    .743
    Posts
    146
    Liked
    0 times

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by tank244 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    The new radio is def working pretty well. MMS is weird but eventually works.
    Internet browsing is solid but slacker radio won't work. EDGE drops to edge.
    With the new hybrid, browsing is fassstttt. Opera is great for larger websites.
    All in all its solid ...even though its not perfect its better than the headache with .90!
    That's what I was afraid of-if slacker drops to edge then that means we tmobile peeps using data intensive apps are stuck with .90 radio once again...

  20. #60
    Striker951's Avatar
    Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Liked
    0 times
    Are there instructions anywhere on how to load the new hybrid on .151?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •