Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 16 of 16

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Yes, they can be modified. But I think from what I have read, they will not load to a device. The digital signatures of the files prevent modified files from being recognized through DM loader. I think?



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    If BBC says not to manipulate them I would leave it at that IMO.

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    If BBC says not to manipulate them I would leave it at that IMO.
    Good Advice..



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Good Advice..
    typically once a week I have something useful to say

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Yes, they can be modified. But I think from what I have read, they will not load to a device. The digital signatures of the files prevent modified files from being recognized through DM loader. I think?
    You are correct Shanepark, if you decompile the cod you corrupt the digital sig and therefore they would not be allowed to load to the device. Hence problems!
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 07-13-2009 at 09:06 PM.



  6. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372

    Thumbs up

    good learning experience!!
    i'm glad i started this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    You are correct Shanepark, if you decompile the cod you corrupt the digital sig and therefore they would not be allowed to load to the device. Hence problems!

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Broward County, FL
    PIN
    304DC1D1
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.113/.100 mms.COD
    Posts
    3
    there is also a checksum file issue that needs to be decrypted. Not all lines of code have a valid checksum. Why? this is where the encryption comes in

    tried working on this a couple years ago and trust me it has only gotten better

    the digital sig can be recreated
    Last edited by sunkast; 05-19-2010 at 12:44 PM.

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hilltop, TACO-ma, Wash.
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Posts
    353
    that wold explain why, when I tried to change, (read delete) the shutter sound from the camera .cod file, it wouldn't load, and reverted to the earlier file.Hmmmm, gotta work on it s'more....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •