Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 177 to 184 of 471

  1. #177
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by rlervin View Post
    So if I understand correctly you just copied all the files in the Java folder for 6v5.5 into the Java folder of the 151 install and did a copy and replace. Correct?

    Did you do a shrink a os?
    Yep, that is all I did was copy the Java Folder. Nope, didn't use Shrink a Os....



  2. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    30651831
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Lyric 6v8
    Posts
    21
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by lyricidal
    Im off to bed (long day touring around Boston)
    uploading what Ive got so far (Java Only), dubbing it beta6v5.5
    - Added .164 files
    - Updated most .130 files

    link:
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/beta/beta6v5.5.rar

    now that there is a fix for Telus' 5.0 issues, I am contemplating working on a 5.0 based Hybrid - thing is the 3rd party app incompatabilities, which would suck for those with apps that don't work with it (and I doubt that swapping of .cod files only, not the radio, will help to correct this)

    thoughts?
    Thanks for the hard work!

    Hope you are enjoying Boston, don't forget to go to Quincy market.

    Are you there just to visit?

  3. #179
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Weber City, Va
    PIN
    310D15AC
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuserpa View Post
    Yep, that is all I did was copy the Java Folder. Nope, didn't use Shrink a Os....
    Did you copy the files from 6v5.5 and do a replace or just delete the old Java folder and replace it to where there would not be any 151 files left?



  4. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by rlervin View Post
    Did you copy the files from 6v5.5 and do a replace or just delete the old Java folder and replace it to where there would not be any 151 files left?
    I just copied the entire folder from 6V5.5 (not selecting the details in the Java Folder) and copied it over the existing Java folder that was in the stock .151.

  5. #181
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuserpa View Post
    I just copied the entire folder from 6V5.5 (not selecting the details in the Java Folder) and copied it over the existing Java folder that was in the stock .151.
    I just deleted the Java folder from 151 and replaced it with the Java folder from Beta 6 v5.5 and did a shrink afterwards.



  6. #182
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Weber City, Va
    PIN
    310D15AC
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .
    Posts
    555
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by bbuserpa
    Quote Originally Posted by rlervin View Post
    Did you copy the files from 6v5.5 and do a replace or just delete the old Java folder and replace it to where there would not be any 151 files left?
    I just copied the entire folder from 6V5.5 (not selecting the details in the Java Folder) and copied it over the existing Java folder that was in the stock .151.
    Don't know what happened the first time. Did it again and used Shrink A OS and all worked fine! Thanks for the feedback!

  7. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by rlervin View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530)



    Don't know what happened the first time. Did it again and used Shrink A OS and all worked fine! Thanks for the feedback!

    Good to hear.

  8. #184
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    78
    for those that have done the java file swaps....what's the verdict?

Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •