Can/will an OS upgrade ever allow the equalizer to work over Bluetooth/A2DP?
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can/will an OS upgrade ever allow the equalizer to work over Bluetooth/A2DP?

  1. #1
    spiff72 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Always changing!
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times

    Can/will an OS upgrade ever allow the equalizer to work over Bluetooth/A2DP?

    Hey all,

    Just wondering if any of these firmware updates or hybrids will ever allow the equalizer in the media player to work over stereo bluetooth headphones?

    This is a major irritation I have with the Storm - the EQ has no effect unless you are using wired headphones. I would like to be able to tweak the sound to try to make up for the fact that stereo bluetooth isn't necessary audiophile quality.

    The EQ on my iPod (with the bluetooth adapter from Sony that plugs into the dock connector) works via bluetooth, and I am curious if the latest iPhone allows for the EQ to work over its built in bluetooth adapter.

    Thanks,
    Jeff




  2. #2
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
    Hey all,

    Just wondering if any of these firmware updates or hybrids will ever allow the equalizer in the media player to work over stereo bluetooth headphones?

    This is a major irritation I have with the Storm - the EQ has no effect unless you are using wired headphones. I would like to be able to tweak the sound to try to make up for the fact that stereo bluetooth isn't necessary audiophile quality.

    The EQ on my iPod (with the bluetooth adapter from Sony that plugs into the dock connector) works via bluetooth, and I am curious if the latest iPhone allows for the EQ to work over its built in bluetooth adapter.

    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Hey Jeff, first off welcome to BBOS.

    My wife has the iPhone 3GS and the EQ does work with its built in bluetooth adapter (just tried it out). However, I cannot answer your question regarding the Storm as I am having issues with my BT. I am sure someone who is not having this issue will be able to address this for you.

  3. #3
    spiff72 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Always changing!
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Hey Jeff, first off welcome to BBOS.

    My wife has the iPhone 3GS and the EQ does work with its built in bluetooth adapter (just tried it out). However, I cannot answer your question regarding the Storm as I am having issues with my BT. I am sure someone who is not having this issue will be able to address this for you.
    Thanks...

    Interesting that it is possible to implement an EQ over bluetooth.

    I tried 3 different headsets so far, and have been unhappy with all of them, but they all connected to my Storm with no issues. I have seen others post (probably on other BB forums) about the EQ not working via bluetooth on the Storm, and this made me wonder if this is true of ALL Blackberrys, or just the Storm. If other BB's can use the EQ over BT, does this mean that there might be some "hybrid" potential here?

    Thanks,
    Jeff

  4. #4
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
    Thanks...

    Interesting that it is possible to implement an EQ over bluetooth.

    I tried 3 different headsets so far, and have been unhappy with all of them, but they all connected to my Storm with no issues. I have seen others post (probably on other BB forums) about the EQ not working via bluetooth on the Storm, and this made me wonder if this is true of ALL Blackberrys, or just the Storm. If other BB's can use the EQ over BT, does this mean that there might be some "hybrid" potential here?

    Thanks,
    Jeff
    I was surprised that it worked fine on the iPhone but then again multimedia is their expertise. I have heard the same thing regarding EQ not working via bluetooth with BB's but since at the moment I am BT challenged cannot test it out for you. I am sure one of our members and or team members will try and give you a better answer.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •