Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 22

  1. #9
    Striker951's Avatar
    Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by stevealb View Post
    Yes there is. Use ShrinkOS to remove the log viewer, then run DM. Run Application Loader and choose Update Software. It will remove the log event viewer files and keep the OS and your data intact. However, I would make sure to back up my data prior to doing this anyway.
    DM doesn't find the OS I have installed on my computer. At first it brought up 4 different ones. .65, .75, and two different versions of .148. I disconnected
    my internet connection and it couldn't find any. Why don't it see the version
    I have installed and shrunk?




  2. #10
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker951 View Post
    DM doesn't find the OS I have installed on my computer. At first it brought up 4 different ones. .65, .75, and two different versions of .148. I disconnected
    my internet connection and it couldn't find any. Why don't it see the version
    I have installed and shrunk?
    Dm will not always find it I would suggest using either crack util or crack mem to remove a single file...you would need to find all .cod involved with that program though...maybe pm lyricidal.. the best and safest way is to reinstall the hybrid with out it....

  3. #11
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    If you removed that already go to c: program files/common files/research in motion/applications loader/ and run the loader.exe (small phone icon), it will do the same as updating with DM

  4. #12
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372

    Exclamation

    to all those who are eager to have the "event log viewer" removed... via Shrink-A-OS or any other way...
    please note that it will simply remove the viewer through which we could see the logs .... and not disable event logging...
    disabling the ability to view event logs do not necessarily mean disabling event logging...
    my understanding so far is... event log cannot be disabled... it is part of the radio functionality...

    my request to all would therefore be... to look for alternatives... such as: how to clear event logs more frequently than using "logmaid" or "meterberry"... also... the same app should have the capability to defragment & optimize process queueing... and thus make the overall system faster and more stable...
    can anyone recall any such app...?? if not... i guess this is an opportunity for the developers to explore...

    Quote Originally Posted by stevealb View Post
    Yes there is. Use ShrinkOS to remove the log viewer, then run DM. Run Application Loader and choose Update Software. It will remove the log event viewer files and keep the OS and your data intact. However, I would make sure to back up my data prior to doing this anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    If you removed that already go to c: program files/common files/research in motion/applications loader/ and run the loader.exe (small phone icon), it will do the same as updating with DM
    Last edited by gabriel; 07-01-2009 at 02:01 PM.

  5. #13
    stevealb is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    .713
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    to all those who are eager to have the "event log viewer" removed... via Shrink-A-OS or any other way...
    please note that it will simply remove the viewer through which we could see the logs .... and not disable event logging...
    disabling the ability to view event logs do not necessarily mean disabling event logging...
    my understanding so far is... event log cannot be disabled... it is part of the radio functionality...

    my request to all would therefore be... to look for alternatives... such as: how to clear event logs more frequently than using "logmaid" or "meterberry"... also... the same app should have the capability to defragment & optimize process queueing... and thus make the overall system faster and more stable...
    can anyone recall any such app...?? if not... i guess this is an opportunity for the developers to explore...

    You are correct, this process only removes the event log viewer and does not disable event logging. If you want to show this, remove the viewer and then using CrackUtil, view the event log. It will be quite full. Also, if you delete the viewer, you will not be able to clear the event log from your device.

  6. #14
    dcswenson's Avatar
    dcswenson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    PIN
    304*****
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    38
    Where do you find the event log?

  7. #15
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by dcswenson View Post
    Where do you find the event log?
    From home screen, turn your phone to landscape....click bb key, show keyboard...on keyboard, type "/"/" and it will come up

    If you shrunk the OS, then it will not come up

  8. #16
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by dcswenson View Post
    Where do you find the event log?
    Click BB button once. "screen full of icons appears

    Click BB button again "choose show keyboard"

    Click and hold the !?123 button "bottom left corner" This locks the keyboard

    Type ,5,5

    The event log with then appear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •