What is your favorite Hybrid and the one you always went back to. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 85

Thread: What is your favorite Hybrid and the one you always went back to.

  1. #21
    rlervin's Avatar
    rlervin is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow rlervin On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Weber City, Va
    PIN
    310D15AC
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .
    Posts
    555
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Yes, the Platform number will say .162 in your options - about (on your phone)
    That is exactly what it says! Is there a file somewhere that references Platform # to software release?

    Thanks for your help!


    OS: Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .580-.734/.743/.758/6.0.0.31 & Shrink-A-OS
    Rules and Guidelines l Help Center


  2. #22
    heloguy's Avatar
    heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    0 times
    the best all around compatability-wise for me, was v6 over .141
    but v7 was awesome over .132 with .132 radio. no spinning clocks, but battery drain was TERRIBLE! i had to plug my phone into a charger every chance i got. now running v7.1 over 148. seems really good for me, but still has some spinning clocks.

  3. #23
    skram.1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    41
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been using v6 w/132 radio because of the themes. I liked v7 but I need certain themes. Can't wait for v8.

  4. #24
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Glad to hear sezaro21 :fing02:

    Next time you get bored try .132 and let us know what you think.

  5. #25
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skram.1 View Post
    I've been using v6 w/132 radio because of the themes. I liked v7 but I need certain themes. Can't wait for v8.
    Yeah if the themes were a big deal to me I would be all over V6

  6. #26
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rlervin View Post
    That is exactly what it says! Is there a file somewhere that references Platform # to software release?

    Thanks for your help!
    Here ya go rlervin

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...m-numbers.html

  7. #27
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I have tried all of hybrids and am on lyricidals right now. Been running it for a week without issues.

  8. #28
    rlervin's Avatar
    rlervin is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow rlervin On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Weber City, Va
    PIN
    310D15AC
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .
    Posts
    555
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks!
    OS: Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .580-.734/.743/.758/6.0.0.31 & Shrink-A-OS
    Rules and Guidelines l Help Center

  9. #29
    Striker951's Avatar
    Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok guys, you convinced me, I think I'm going to try v7.1 with the 132 radio. What do i need to do?
    I have the straight .148 installed on my computer. Should I uninstall it and install .132 base, then run the 7.1 hybrid or what do you think?

  10. #30
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker951 View Post
    Ok guys, you convinced me, I think I'm going to try v7.1 with the 132 radio. What do i need to do?
    I have the straight .148 installed on my computer. Should I uninstall it and install .132 base, then run the 7.1 hybrid or what do you think?
    No, just run v7.1 over .148 and then use swap a radio to change the radio file to 132

    Here is the link for swap a radio

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...wap-radio.html

  11. #31
    sezaro21's Avatar
    sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Posts
    209
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Glad to hear sezaro21 :fing02:

    Next time you get bored try .132 and let us know what you think.
    I finally got the shrink an OS to work. I'm not sure if you remeber but I was having problems with it on Friday night. I would try .132 but I'm real happy with .148 that I 'll just keep it. My sister comes down in 2 weeks to vist and she is still on the .75 version. I told her that I would hook up her phone when she gets down here. I tell her all the cool things my phone does but she doesn't beleive me. She'll soon have the V7.1 hybrid on her phone. I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

  12. #32
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I finally got the shrink an OS to work. I'm not sure if you remeber but I was having problems with it on Friday night. I would try .132 but I'm real happy with .148 that I 'll just keep it. My sister comes down in 2 weeks to vist and she is still on the .75 version. I told her that I would hook up her phone when she gets down here. I tell her all the cool things my phone does but she doesn't beleive me. She'll soon have the V7.1 hybrid on her phone. I'm sure she'll enjoy it.
    Thanks for the update. I'm sure your sister will appreciate v7.1 too!
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  13. #33
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rlervin View Post
    Thanks!
    My pleasure

  14. #34
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I finally got the shrink an OS to work. I'm not sure if you remeber but I was having problems with it on Friday night. I would try .132 but I'm real happy with .148 that I 'll just keep it. My sister comes down in 2 weeks to vist and she is still on the .75 version. I told her that I would hook up her phone when she gets down here. I tell her all the cool things my phone does but she doesn't beleive me. She'll soon have the V7.1 hybrid on her phone. I'm sure she'll enjoy it.
    Heck yeah I remember :lmao: it drove me nuts that we couldn't get up and running. Did you do anything different this time around?

  15. #35
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Glad to hear sezaro21 :fing02:



    Next time you get bored try .132 and let us know what you think.


    I finally got the shrink an OS to work. I'm not sure if you remeber but I was having problems with it on Friday night. I would try .132 but I'm real happy with .148 that I 'll just keep it. My sister comes down in 2 weeks to vist and she is still on the .75 version. I told her that I would hook up her phone when she gets down here. I tell her all the cool things my phone does but she doesn't beleive me. She'll soon have the V7.1 hybrid on her phone. I'm sure she'll enjoy it.
    Glad to hear you got it up and running. Way to stay after it! I think your sister will be quite pleased with you when you hook her up.
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 06-22-2009 at 06:15 PM.

  16. #36
    sezaro21's Avatar
    sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Posts
    209
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Wirelessly postedGlad to hear you got it up and running. Way to stay after it! I think your sister will be quite pleased with you when you hook her up.
    I was actually thinking that I might load Lyricidal's new hybrid on hers just so that I can do a side by side comparison. I'll end up loading your hybrid ultimately by I just want to see how both hybrids compare.

  17. #37
    sezaro21's Avatar
    sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Posts
    209
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Glad to hear sezaro21 :fing02:

    Next time you get bored try .132 and let us know what you think.
    Well, I got bored last night and switched the radio files to .132.
    It's been working good so far, Still some spinning clocks but still waitig for the OS to settle. I heard somewhere that the .132 radio drains the battery life quicker then the .148. Is that true?

  18. #38
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    Well, I got bored last night and switched the radio files to .132.
    It's been working good so far, Still some spinning clocks but still waitig for the OS to settle. I heard somewhere that the .132 radio drains the battery life quicker then the .148. Is that true?
    I have heard that as well, but I have never expierenced that. In fact .148 is worse for me on battery then .132.

  19. #39
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    It seems like there are a lot of people who like the .132 radio. I would have thought for sure that the newer the radio the better. I guess .141 and .148 weren't that good. I have V7.1 with the .148 but I might try the .132 radio as I still get some spinning clocks. A lot less then with the V7 but still, they are there. V7.1 has been the absolute best hybrid for my phone. The battery life itself make it worth it. I reboot at 52MB and that is with weatherbug, BOA, V-Cast song ID, facebook, pandora slacker, quickpull parking lot, BB filescout and the BB Pro 3 theme. This blows away any other hybrid I've installed. I just want to say that if it weren't for BBC hybrids I would have probably returned my phone for something else. Love your hybrids. Keep up the great work. :banana:
    Couldn't have said it any better!

  20. #40
    Striker951's Avatar
    Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Liked
    0 times
    Well i installed 7.1 with .132 radio and today my phone is trashed. LOL Not because of the software though,(I don't think so anyway). I went on a 200 mile bike ride today and when I got to where I was going I couldn't even use my phone. I had to press the screen a least 6 or 7 times just for it to light up and when I did get it to light up, I couldn't open anything. It was like the touch sensor died. When I got home I took it to verizon and they didn't second guess anything. They told me I would receive a new one in 2 days. I have a mount on my bike for my bb. Do you think that vibration could cause that to happen?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •