Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 49 to 56 of 56

  1. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    And cruz congrats your the first person I have seen on this site with 4 boxes under their rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    WOW I second that Cruz :35::35:
    Its all the love you guys give me :grouphug:



  2. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Its all the love you guys give me :grouphug:
    No in all seriousness it is your well worded and intelligent replies good job again

  3. #51
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    PIN
    3069D40A
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140 Querky but alot better
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    That's it exactly! One of my first employers was a locally owned tel. co. that dove into the wireless market 20+ years ago. LOL and we (well some of us anyway) probably remember bag phones and the first star tac! Most of the phone plans only had what 30 minutes on them!!!!! :18:

    Look where we are now, I can't wait! :dance::dance:
    Remember? I owned a Motorola "Brick" (all metal with Military style antenna), A Bag phone, and a phone Hard wired to the car.
    I remember when the Star Tac came out at around $1000 and the only people I saw get them first was the military exec.s

    I also had the pager that updated with a scrolling screen of info like news, scores, and voice to text messages.

    Man I feel so old now. :buttkick:



  4. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PHX , AZ
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    288
    ok so can i dumb all this down and see if i get this all....

    3G= 3rd generation network... hyped up "cool" name(by specific carriers) to make everyone think its something AMAZING!!! ? But its really just the 3rd generation of "networking technology".

    4G= SAME SHIT JUST NEWER AND MORE ADVANCED (and not quite ready for deployment) Based on newer protocols and technology.

    So someday in a galaxy far far away, carrier specific "cool names" will be pointless and we'll all have this new technology that works for everyone!?!

    Did i get this all right?

  5. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by Drukan View Post
    ok so can i dumb all this down and see if i get this all....

    3G= 3rd generation network... hyped up "cool" name(by specific carriers) to make everyone think its something AMAZING!!! ? But its really just the 3rd generation of "networking technology".

    4G= SAME SHIT JUST NEWER AND MORE ADVANCED (and not quite ready for deployment) Based on newer protocols and technology.

    So someday in a galaxy far far away, carrier specific "cool names" will be pointless and we'll all have this new technology that works for everyone!?!

    Did i get this all right?
    Close, dont forget the WiMAX, meaning Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access, mix that in with the 4G...your talkin warp speed Capt Kirk



  6. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Close, dont forget the WiMAX, meaning Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access, mix that in with the 4G...your talkin warp speed Capt Kirk
    Ohh I want me some Capt Kirk speed. Nice addition cruz.

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PHX , AZ
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Ohh I want me some Capt Kirk speed. Nice addition cruz.
    SO then ... when should we expect "Cpt Picard Speed"? .... as that IS the "next generation"..... :33:?

  8. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Drukan View Post
    SO then ... when should we expect "Cpt Picard Speed"? .... as that IS the "next generation"..... :33:?
    LOL that is great question. Hopefully as soon as we hit warp speed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •