[CENTER]I have been working on the updated Hybrid and it is finally ready...This installs the same way as v7. If you are familiar with the process, here it is!
BBC v7.1 update2.zip
Now, here is something a little different. Since we all have been loading OS's lately, I recommend wiping your device prior to install. This will ensure a clean install and that you receive all the benefits of v7.1 update 2.
Blackberry Device Software:
1. Download and install either v188.8.131.52 or v184.108.40.206 as your base.
2. Download the Hybrid
3. Initialize the Hybrid exe file
4. When the program opens click “Next” Pictures are of v7 please ignore the wording
5. This screen tells you where the hybrid will install
6. If you click next you will get a window that tells you that the directory doesnt exist do you want to create one, the answer is NO
7. Click the button to the right of the file path, another window will open that contains a file tree
8. Use the file tree to navigate to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files and highlight the installed OS (either .132 or .148) click "OK"
9. Click “Next”
10. Click “Start” this will begin the install process
11. Installation complete click “Next”
12. Click “Finish”
Now the Hybrid is installed on your PC.
To install to your device go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader, you will see in this folder a file named Vendor.xml, delete this file by right clicking on the file and choose Delete.
Now in the same folder you will see another file named Loader.exe, looks like a phone, double click to initiate the loader program. Follow on screen instructions. Some of you may be upgrading from or downgrading to, make sure you choose the appropriate action in the loader screen.
Bryan do not delete this one...haha