Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 153 to 160 of 510

  1. #153
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Hey BBC, is there a problem with me going into the os folder and just removing certain .alx files like Flikr.alx, brickbreaker.alx etc. before I install on my phone? Wouldn't that eliminate those lousy icons that I never use for googtalk, facebook etc.? I know you dont recommend shrink a os with these hybrids but is this different or would it totally not work?



  2. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Hey BBC, is there a problem with me going into the os folder and just removing certain .alx files like Flikr.alx, brickbreaker.alx etc. before I install on my phone? Wouldn't that eliminate those lousy icons that I never use for googtalk, facebook etc.? I know you dont recommend shrink a os with these hybrids but is this different or would it totally not work?
    Mike I wouldn't recommend doing that :no: that sounds like a recipe for a brick. The Google, aim, etc icons are part of the OS and so far no one has found away to get rid of those icons. And remember they are just icons so there is no memory sucking involved with those. As far as brickbreaker etc just choose not to load them on the DM when you are loading your new OS.

    I did use shrink on this one with no issues Just so you know Mike.

  3. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Wirelessly posted

    Mike I agree with Bryan completely on this. I would love those files alone and just run shrink a os.



  4. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Mike I agree with Bryan completely on this. I would love those files alone and just run shrink a os.
    Love the new Avatar J :arms::arms:

  5. #157
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Mike I wouldn't recommend doing that :no: that sounds like a recipe for a brick. The Google, aim, etc icons are part of the OS and so far no one has found away to get rid of those icons. And remember they are just icons so there is no memory sucking involved with those. As far as brickbreaker etc just choose not to load them on the DM when you are loading your new OS.

    I did use shrink on this one with no issues Just so you know Mike.
    Okay, thank you sir! The shrink a os is a big relief. I'm doing this upgrade BY THE BOOK this time since the last one got so ugly!? ha Of course if this becomes a problem I will call you crying and whining. Thanks Bryan. And Happy Fathers Day to ya!



  6. #158
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Mike I agree with Bryan completely on this. I would love those files alone and just run shrink a os.
    Yeah, thanks J. I believe you are both spot on with this. Who better to trust right?

  7. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Okay, thank you sir! The shrink a os is a big relief. I'm doing this upgrade BY THE BOOK this time since the last one got so ugly!? ha Of course if this becomes a problem I will call you crying and whining. Thanks Bryan. And Happy Fathers Day to ya!
    Thanks Mike and Happy fathers day to you as well

    Good luck and if you have any issues you know where to find us.

  8. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Wirelessly posted

    Happy Fathers day to both of you guys.

Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •