BBC Hybrid v7.1 update 2 - Page 11
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 510

Thread: BBC Hybrid v7.1 update 2

  1. #201
    Mikenbekah's Avatar
    Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay that worked. Now I'm gonna restore my data and see if my 3rd party apps are there. So far so good?


    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher


  2. #202
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Okay that worked. Now I'm gonna restore my data and see if my 3rd party apps are there. So far so good?
    Good to hear Mike!!! I was getting worried as you had gone MIA lol

  3. #203
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    This time I loaded a fresh .148 and installed a fresh v7.1 over it and in the loading process it gave me the application selection window, but the list included all my 3rd party apps. How does it know what my 3rd party apps were if I did a jl wipe? I don't get it. And i'm waiting for it to reboot now.
    If you have done a back up, it just pulls the apps from it...I also suspect that it might temporarily save them, as I have had that happen to me before Keep us posted on progress

  4. #204
    Mikenbekah's Avatar
    Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay all is well. But will someone tell me how it backed up and reinstalled all my 3rd party apps if I did a jlcmdr wipe before installing the new .148 v7.1?
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

  5. #205
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Okay all is well. But will someone tell me how it backed up and reinstalled all my 3rd party apps if I did a jlcmdr wipe before installing the new .148 v7.1?
    I think or I should say, that loader/DM backs them up temporarily may be? I have had that happen to me as well and it's nice....Do you have a back up saved on your PC? If you do, then loader just pulled them from there.

  6. #206
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Okay all is well. But will someone tell me how it backed up and reinstalled all my 3rd party apps if I did a jlcmdr wipe before installing the new .148 v7.1?
    If you had used loader.exe to install before without wiping, the program stores your third party apps in a temp file. Once you install to your device it removes the temp file the next time you install (unless you have wiped your device). That is why your third party apps were still there.

  7. #207
    Mikenbekah's Avatar
    Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I think or I should say, that loader/DM backs them up temporarily may be? I have had that happen to me as well and it's nice....Do you have a back up saved on your PC? If you do, then loader just pulled them from there.
    Yes I do have a backup, thru backing up 3rd party apps I put the file in a folder on my desktop, so yeah...that IS nice! Maybe it should be a new step included in the process for all to use in the future?
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

  8. #208
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Yes I do have a backup, thru backing up 3rd party apps I put the file in a folder on my desktop, so yeah...that IS nice! Maybe it should be a new step included in the process for all to use in the future?
    I am glad it's running great for ya!!! I wish there was a button in DM "Back up/Restore 3rd party Applications"

  9. #209
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Okay all is well. But will someone tell me how it backed up and reinstalled all my 3rd party apps if I did a jlcmdr wipe before installing the new .148 v7.1?
    Go to the search function on your PC and type in your PIN number. If your 3rd party apps backed up you should see a file folder and an .ALX file associated with your PIN. Drag the folder to your desktop and place the .ALX inside that folder. Then go to DM choose add applications and then browser to the .ALX file and it should load those up.

  10. #210
    Mikenbekah's Avatar
    Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    If you had used loader.exe to install before without wiping, the program stores your third party apps in a temp file. Once you install to your device it removes the temp file the next time you install (unless you have wiped your device). That is why your third party apps were still there.
    See, that's why it's so weird. I totally removed all os files then the first time I shrunk a os I then wiped the phone completely. Then with it not working, I deleted everything again, wiped and reinstalled/reloaded thru the loader.exe and the 3rd party apps were still there? But I guess they could've been on the bricked phone after the first error? IDK at least it's up n running now so thanks everyone for holding my hand........again! ha
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

  11. #211
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    See, that's why it's so weird. I totally removed all os files then the first time I shrunk a os I then wiped the phone completely. Then with it not working, I deleted everything again, wiped and reinstalled/reloaded thru the loader.exe and the 3rd party apps were still there? But I guess they could've been on the bricked phone after the first error? IDK at least it's up n running now so thanks everyone for holding my hand........again! ha
    You're quite welcome.

  12. #212
    Mikenbekah's Avatar
    Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Go to the search function on your PC and type in your PIN number. If your 3rd party apps backed up you should see a file folder and an .ALX file associated with your PIN. Drag the folder to your desktop and place the .ALX inside that folder. Then go to DM choose add applications and then browser to the .ALX file and it should load those up.
    Yes, thats exactly what I did a long time ago J. It's all good, everything is working now. Thanks!
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

  13. #213
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Yes, thats exactly what I did a long time ago J. It's all good, everything is working now. Thanks!
    Excellent to hear.

  14. #214
    soupmeister's Avatar
    soupmeister is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Posts
    323
    Liked
    0 times

    Thumbs up

    WOW! Loaded 7.1 update last Thursday and then went away to golf tournament for the weekend. Got back and saw this new version of BBOS and I almost went blind. It sure is bright. :Eyecrazy: Thought it was my eyes from a few too many at the 19th hole. Anyway the site looks great. Awesome job and kudos to those who worked on it.
    Also kudos to BBC and team for 7.1 update2. Worked flawlessly all weekend. The GPS for Inteligolf was bang on and radio signal was the best yet while driving in and out of some dead zones. Only thing I noticed was that the mem had the biggest drop I have experienced (down to 21mb) but maybe that's attributable to the 3 days of using the golf program etc without any battery pulls. I'll watch this over the next few days and see what happens.
    I give this a 10+ as far as this version goes. Best yet. Great job guys and gals. I'm off for a small libation to settle my liver after this tough weekend.:beerchug:
    Last edited by soupmeister; 06-21-2009 at 04:51 PM.
    "Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really understand the situation!" - Ed Morrow

  15. #215
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Liked
    0 times
    So day 2 running 7.1 and all is well...Memory is holding steady,and all apps are running well. The only error I see is in the media player. When you click on albums it sorts all songs for me. The fix is music > artist. Then it lists the albums and plays them correctly


    Edit: I am deciding if I want to upgrade my Gf's next. Any advice on that is appreciated
    Last edited by miami1683; 06-21-2009 at 04:52 PM.

  16. #216
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soupmeister View Post
    WOW! Loaded 7.1 update last Thursday and then went away to golf tournament for the weekend. Got back and saw this new version of BBOS and I almost went blind. It sure is bright. :Eyecrazy: Thought it was my eyes from a few too many at the 19th hole. Anyway the site looks great. Awesome job and kudos to those who worked on it.
    Also kudos to BBC and team for 7.1 update2. Worked flawlessly all weekend. The GPS for Inteligolf was bang on and radio signal was the best yet while driving in and out of some dead zones. Only thing I noticed was that the mem had the biggest drop I have experienced (down to 21mb) but maybe that's attributable to the 3 days of using the golf program etc without any battery pulls. I'll watch this over the next few days and see what happens.
    I give this a 10+ as far as this version goes. Best yet. Great job guys and gals. I'm off to a libation to settle my liver after this tough weekend.:beerchug:
    I am glad it all is working great for ya, both the site and the storm :arms:

  17. #217
    soupmeister's Avatar
    soupmeister is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Posts
    323
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I am glad it all is working great for ya, both the site and the storm :arms:
    Thanks Olta. It's just my golf swing and liver that's in trouble.:lol:
    "Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really understand the situation!" - Ed Morrow

  18. #218
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soupmeister View Post
    Thanks Olta. It's just my golf swing and liver that's in trouble.:lol:
    :lmao: :lmao:

    Well, ya know fixes for those

  19. #219
    Mikenbekah's Avatar
    Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay so now that I have everything running fine (Except my QL doesn't show in full menu even though I have it set to show) is it okay to open Swap a Radio and select .132 then launch the loader thru that? And if so, afterwards, can I do the same with shrink a os and see if it works this time? I'm just really big on .132 radio and shrinking as much as possible, ya know?
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

  20. #220
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Okay so now that I have everything running fine (Except my QL doesn't show in full menu even though I have it set to show) is it okay to open Swap a Radio and select .132 then launch the loader thru that? And if so, afterwards, can I do the same with shrink a os and see if it works this time? I'm just really big on .132 radio and shrinking as much as possible, ya know?
    Yes you can do that....don't forget to select downgrade in loader as you will be using an older radio. Keep us posted

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •