Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 288 of 472

  1. #281
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    hey tbcpn,

    glad to hear it's working for you now. I'm curious to know did you shrink your os and do you have memory cleaner disabled.
    I have used Shrink-A-OS on everything I've loaded, hybrid or straight, until 7.1. Based upon reports here, sounded like shrinking was not a good idea with this latest BBC hybrid (and on my phone shrinking only recovers a couple mb of memory anyway).

    I've never had memory cleaning enabled--do it manually if needed, or better yet, reset to recover memory (running the web browser for a bit often seems to recovery a surprising amount of memory, too).



  2. #282
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post

    there are a couple different ways to help lessen the spinning clock issues when you repost I'll walk you through a couple.
    I'm still having these clock spins. Before I try switching radios I'd like to give your suggestions a try. I'm all eyes OO

  3. #283
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    I'm still having these clock spins. Before I try switching radios I'd like to give your suggestions a try. I'm all eyes OO
    Which radio are using funky? If you are on 148, I would suggest going with 132. You will not have clock spins on that (at least I have not).



  4. #284
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Which radio are using funky? If you are on 148, I would suggest going with 132. You will not have clock spins on that (at least I have not).
    Hi JL... Yes I am using the 148 radio.. The signal seemed the best thus far with 7.0 it doesn't appear as stable with 7.1 for what ever reason.

    I would still like some suggestions before switching out the radio even though I will most likely do both and then compare the two ...cause that's what us tweakers do..

  5. #285
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    Hi JL... Yes I am using the 148 radio.. The signal seemed the best thus far with 7.0 it doesn't appear as stable with 7.1 for what ever reason.

    I would still like some suggestions before switching out the radio even though I will most likely do both and then compare the two ...cause that's what us tweakers do..
    Ok let's try a few things. First off take a lot at your memory and let me know what it's at. If it is low as in less than 10mb you might want clear your browser cache, event log and emails you no longer need. Also, have you removed the sample pictures, video and song that came preinstalled with the OS. These are just a couple of things to increase memory which often times yields better performance.

    That being said, the performance of your phone is more closely tied to the SFI file than memory.



  6. #286
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Ok let's try a few things. First off take a lot at your memory and let me know what it's at. If it is low as in less than 10mb you might want clear your browser cache, event log and emails you no longer need. Also, have you removed the sample pictures, video and song that came preinstalled with the OS. These are just a couple of things to increase memory which often times yields better performance.

    That being said, the performance of your phone is more closely tied to the SFI file than memory.

    Thanks.....My memory is currently @ 34mb ..How do I unlock the sample files?

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    hey funky heres a link to get you started..

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...filescout.html

  8. #288
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Thanks SM =)

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •