BBC v7.1 update 2 Findings and Fixes - Page 12
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 472

Thread: BBC v7.1 update 2 Findings and Fixes

  1. #221
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by berryuser View Post
    Yup, I took olta's advice and did the mandatory 3 60 second battery pulls, the actual ones not using Quickpull.

    I've been running this OS for about a few days now, and the glitch i see after I end a call does not in any way affect the functionality of my phone, but I'm just letting you guys know.
    Hmmm, let me give this some thought. Thanks for letting us know. If I have any bright ideas will let you know.




  2. #222
    berryuser is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Motorola Razr2
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    0 times
    I appreciate the kind words jlevy :approve:

  3. #223
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by berryuser View Post
    I appreciate the kind words jlevy :approve:
    No problem.

  4. #224
    polar135's Avatar
    polar135 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow polar135 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    PIN
    not for sharing
    Device
    Droix X FTW
    OS
    2.2
    Posts
    266
    Liked
    0 times
    To upgrade or not to upgrade. have no real issue with .148. I'm just a bit bored. Should i do it? lol

  5. #225
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by polar135 View Post
    To upgrade or not to upgrade. have no real issue with .148. I'm just a bit bored. Should i do it? lol
    IMHO yes you should. I find BBC's 7.1.2 vastly superior to 148. Just my two cents.

  6. #226
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    IMHO yes you should. I find BBC's 7.1.2 vastly superior to 148. Just my two cents.


    I second that. Its an unbelieveable difference

  7. #227
    mrolfe's Avatar
    mrolfe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    PIN
    3069D40A
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140 Querky but alot better
    Posts
    36
    Liked
    0 times
    <----Am Extremely Happy with newest Hybrid over stock .148

    It Just Works..:beerchug:

  8. #228
    rlervin's Avatar
    rlervin is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow rlervin On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Weber City, Va
    PIN
    310D15AC
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .
    Posts
    555
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree that BBCarckman v7.1 is a lot better than 148.
    OS: Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .580-.734/.743/.758/6.0.0.31 & Shrink-A-OS
    Rules and Guidelines l Help Center

  9. #229
    HarlyFan's Avatar
    HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Powell, Ohio
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Posts
    469
    Liked
    0 times
    I want to apologize to all if this has already been addressed in the previous pages but I need to head to work and don't have the time to read through all of them.
    I am experiencing the spinning clock all the time with just about everything that I try from browser to typing a SMS, does anyone have any suggestions??? I am running V7.1 Update2 and other then the spinning clock this is the best hybrid so far!!!

  10. #230
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlyFan View Post
    I want to apologize to all if this has already been addressed in the previous pages but I need to head to work and don't have the time to read through all of them.
    I am experiencing the spinning clock all the time with just about everything that I try from browser to typing a SMS, does anyone have any suggestions??? I am running V7.1 Update2 and other then the spinning clock this is the best hybrid so far!!!
    Harly I would recommend using Swap A Radio and inserting the .132 radio. That seems to clear the spinning clock issue for a lot.

  11. #231
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    He could also try a complete wipe of the OS(pc & phone). Reinstall back everything and see if it's any better and if not then do the swap a radio like Bryan said. Good luck and let us know how it worked out.

  12. #232
    stevealb is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    .713
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stevealb
    I am running v7.1.2, first with .148 and now with .132. I am having the same intermittent problem with the screen button and the hard button just not answering the call. It takes several frantic presses to get it to answer the call. I notice it most in two instances: 1) When I take the phone out of the holster and it is transitioning from landscape to portrait; and 2) When I am on the web and the phone rings.

    Any thoughts about how to get rid of this problem?

    Thanks for this great hybrid!

    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Make sure in Options/Advanced Options/Applications/highlight "Phone"/BB Button/Edit Permissions that it is set to "Allow" in all circumstances. Verify for Core Applications and System Software too.
    Changing the permissions worked only a bit but the problem of answering the phone persisted. So, I wiped the device, loaded straight 148 and the problem disappeared. However, 148 cannot hold a candle to your hybrid, so I wiped again and reloaded the hybrid, left the default permissions, but turned off Memory Cleaning, which was set to clean while in my holster. The problem is much reduced and I'm ahppy to be back using your hybrid.

    Thanks for all of your help.
    Last edited by stevealb; 06-24-2009 at 01:01 PM.

  13. #233
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Steve,
    Thanks for the tip regarding memeroy cleaner.

    I disabled it when I discovered that even with it disabled the memory cleaner option on QL still does a complete clean.

    I have to agree the clock issue seems to have improved along with my already great battery life.

    Glad you pointed that out
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  14. #234
    tech4hire's Avatar
    tech4hire is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tech4hire On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lewis Center, OH
    PIN
    304CF3F6
    Device
    Storm (9530)
    OS
    5.0.0.607 Hybrid
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    IMHO yes you should. I find BBC's 7.1.2 vastly superior to 148. Just my two cents.
    Loaded 7.1.2 last night and have had absolutely no issues at all. Definitely worth the time and effort IMHO.
    - The Best Site for all your Blackberry Needs
    "You caught me...you caught the Tater" - Ron White
    Current OS:5.0.0.607 Hybrid Follow me on Twitter @tech4hire
    Help Center l MEMBER SUPPORT

  15. #235
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tech4hire View Post
    Loaded 7.1.2 last night and have had absolutely no issues at all. Definitely worth the time and effort IMHO.
    Good to hear it is working out for you.

  16. #236
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stevealb View Post
    Changing the permissions worked only a bit but the problem of answering the phone persisted. So, I wiped the device, loaded straight 148 and the problem disappeared. However, 148 cannot hold a candle to your hybrid, so I wiped again and reloaded the hybrid, left the default permissions, but turned off Memory Cleaning, which was set to clean while in my holster. The problem is much reduced and I'm ahppy to be back using your hybrid.

    Thanks for all of your help.
    Steve glad to hear it is gotten better for your :fing02: I wish we could nail down why some have this issue and others don't :banghead:

  17. #237
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Something I just noticed today, and I think its from .151. When you go into your phone, then call logs when you click on a name instead of getting that number/contacts call log you just get the menu... you now have to select the call log...did I miss this in earlier updates, or just notice? either way i liked it the old way

  18. #238
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Something I just noticed today, and I think its from .151. When you go into your phone, then call logs when you click on a name instead of getting that number/contacts call log you just get the menu... you now have to select the call log...did I miss this in earlier updates, or just notice? either way i liked it the old way
    I have the same issue too. Not sure if this a 151 issue or a glitch in the hybrid. I liked it the old way too.

  19. #239
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Its a 151 thing, not sure if it will stay in the build but won't know until the next leak. I wouldn't be surprised if it is in 152 but I don't think we will see that one. Only time will tell.

  20. #240
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Its a 151 thing, not sure if it will stay in the build but won't know until the next leak. I wouldn't be surprised if it is in 152 but I don't think we will see that one. Only time will tell.
    lol thanks bbc

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •