BBC v7.1 update 2 Findings and Fixes - Page 11
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 472

Thread: BBC v7.1 update 2 Findings and Fixes

  1. #201
    soupmeister's Avatar
    soupmeister is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Posts
    323
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Good to here your phones are up and running the way they should be.
    BBC. It's not good enough that it's running as it should. I want it to drive me to work, make coffee and dispense nachos. Right now I'm only getting the nachos. When are you going to fix that? I'm tired of waiting. :lmao:
    BTW since the last battery pull on Sunday memory is holding in the 35-39 MB range which is the best ever. No issues to report. It has settled in very nicely. I'm using the .148 radio. :1244:


    "Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really understand the situation!" - Ed Morrow


  2. #202
    Pain Producer's Avatar
    Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Posts
    940
    Liked
    0 times
    BEST HYBRID THUS FAR!! Well done BBC. I have no spinning clocks and everything works perfectly.

    THANK YOU!!
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Storm 2, Until 4/29 went to "INCREDIBLE"
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)
    OS: 9550--5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK w/all the fixes)
    OS: 9630--5.0.0.643

  3. #203
    stevealb is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    .713
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    V6 had the 148 and .093 files
    So, do you think the problem with the green phone button is from the 151 or the 5.0.0.XXX files?

  4. #204
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    My phone volume and BT speakphone volume are VERY low, If I go to dial someone it might start loud like it's supposed to be but then goes real soft even with the volume all the way up, this does this also when it's on my BT speakerphone. Any thoughts? This is the first hybrid to do this
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  5. #205
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stevealb View Post
    So, do you think the problem with the green phone button is from the 151 or the 5.0.0.XXX files?
    I believe the culprit is the .151 files IMHO

    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    My phone volume and BT speakphone volume are VERY low, If I go to dial someone it might start loud like it's supposed to be but then goes real soft even with the volume all the way up, this does this also when it's on my BT speakerphone. Any thoughts? This is the first hybrid to do this
    Have you tried wiping then reinstalling?

  6. #206
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    I believe the culprit is the .151 files IMHO



    Have you tried wiping then reinstalling?
    Haven't done that but I did wipe the phone and start with a fresh copy of .148 and the new hybrid files, everything was 100% fresh with zero errors
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  7. #207
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    Haven't done that but I did wipe the phone and start with a fresh copy of .148 and the new hybrid files, everything was 100% fresh with zero errors
    Hmm I would try wiping and reinstalling everything fresh again. Sometimes it takes that little step to redo to fix lot of issues, dk why tho but helps :dunno:

  8. #208
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soupmeister View Post
    BBC. It's not good enough that it's running as it should. I want it to drive me to work, make coffee and dispense nachos. Right now I'm only getting the nachos. When are you going to fix that? I'm tired of waiting. :lmao:
    BTW since the last battery pull on Sunday memory is holding in the 35-39 MB range which is the best ever. No issues to report. It has settled in very nicely. I'm using the .148 radio. :1244:
    Good to hear socal. Personally I am only getting magaritas out of mine. I currently have it set to my right convenience key.

  9. #209
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    My phone volume and BT speakphone volume are VERY low, If I go to dial someone it might start loud like it's supposed to be but then goes real soft even with the volume all the way up, this does this also when it's on my BT speakerphone. Any thoughts? This is the first hybrid to do this
    Sorry Stiefler let me step in here for a second being the master bluetooth expert LOL. Did you ever run .148 on its own? If so, how was your BT on that. I have had significant problems with the same issue you have with any SFI from the 140's.

  10. #210
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Sorry Stiefler let me step in here for a second being the master bluetooth expert LOL. Did you ever run .148 on its own? If so, how was your BT on that. I have had significant problems with the same issue you have with any SFI from the 140's.
    No not a problem, i was hoping you would chime in Captain Blue tooth :fing02:

  11. #211
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    No not a problem, i was hoping you would chime in Captain Blue tooth :fing02:
    :chairshot:

  12. #212
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Sorry Stiefler let me step in here for a second being the master bluetooth expert LOL. Did you ever run .148 on its own? If so, how was your BT on that. I have had significant problems with the same issue you have with any SFI from the 140's.
    I did run .148 on it's own but don't remember If I tested BT with it, I was running .148 v7 since it came out with no issues whats so ever, issue only arose since installing 7.1 which I did a clean wipe and uninstalled 148 and reinstalled it and then installed everything else
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  13. #213
    mrolfe's Avatar
    mrolfe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    PIN
    3069D40A
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140 Querky but alot better
    Posts
    36
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Since I do not use a holster I cannot address that issue. But for the second one, everything works fine. Perhaps try going with straight 148 and see if this happens. If it does might be a hardware problem, if it doesn't then perhaps your phone has some glitches with the hybrid.
    Ok.. I knew I saw a post on this issue... I have mine holstered as well and I believe I found the glitch. (at least for mine)

    It is an accelerometer issue. i holster mine then when it rings I pull it out of the holster and notice the screen flipping from landscape to portrait and back if you push the button while it is still switching the phone ignores the button push.

    Not sure if it is because the sensor is slow to respond or the process speed of the OS but that is definitely how mine is reacting. My work around is for now to patiently wait an extra second and make sure the screen is steady then she answers like she should.hone:

  14. #214
    mrolfe's Avatar
    mrolfe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    PIN
    3069D40A
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140 Querky but alot better
    Posts
    36
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    I did run .148 on it's own but don't remember If I tested BT with it, I was running .148 v7 since it came out with no issues whats so ever, issue only arose since installing 7.1 which I did a clean wipe and uninstalled 148 and reinstalled it and then installed everything else
    Have you gone into the media settings and enabled Audio boost? I did that and now i can hear my bluetooth from the table.

  15. #215
    berryuser is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Motorola Razr2
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    0 times
    Any of you guys get some glitch where after you end a call you see the dial pad, but instead of numbers you see symbols? I've been getting that a lot.

    Also issues with the green button, seems like I have to physically push it down twice to answer a call.

    Other than that, memory holds up and I have less hour glass/less lag.

    My first hybrid attempt, actually an upgrade from v7, and I am very impressed thus far, still better than stock .148 :cool2:

  16. #216
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    hey berry,

    yes the green button issue is common. how ever the symbols, I've seen it before randomly on some older os's. are you running a theme?
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  17. #217
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by berryuser View Post
    Any of you guys get some glitch where after you end a call you see the dial pad, but instead of numbers you see symbols? I've been getting that a lot.

    Also issues with the green button, seems like I have to physically push it down twice to answer a call.

    Other than that, memory holds up and I have less hour glass/less lag.

    My first hybrid attempt, actually an upgrade from v7, and I am very impressed thus far, still better than stock .148 :cool2:
    No I am not having any of those issues. Have you done 3-60 second battery pulls. That sometimes helps work out the kinks. And remember it takes a day or two for these to settle in.

  18. #218
    berryuser is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Motorola Razr2
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    hey berry,

    yes the green button issue is common. how ever the symbols, I've seen it before randomly on some older os's. are you running a theme?

    hmm, all stock on my storm, no custom themes, just custom ring tones on my sd card. Seems like after I end a call, I press the red button, then all of a sudden the last thing I see for 1 second is the dial pad with symbols on it, then it reverts back to my home screen.

  19. #219
    berryuser is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Motorola Razr2
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    No I am not having any of those issues. Have you done 3-60 second battery pulls. That sometimes helps work out the kinks. And remember it takes a day or two for these to settle in.
    Yup, I took olta's advice and did the mandatory 3 60 second battery pulls, the actual ones not using Quickpull.

    I've been running this OS for about a few days now, and the glitch i see after I end a call does not in any way affect the functionality of my phone, but I'm just letting you guys know.

  20. #220
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    Haven't done that but I did wipe the phone and start with a fresh copy of .148 and the new hybrid files, everything was 100% fresh with zero errors
    Change to the 132 sfi file, seems to correct this issue. 148 has had issues for some and this seems to be the main one...
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 06-23-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •