OS help: What is a hybrid and how to make phone better?
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: OS help: What is a hybrid and how to make phone better?

  1. #1
    GQman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    blackberry storm
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times

    OS help: What is a hybrid and how to make phone better?

    hey guys just got new blackberry storm with .148 platform on it.. i wanted to know what is the hybrid to make the phone work even better than it is now.. what hybrid do you guys recommend ? for best overall performance
    thanks




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GQman View Post
    hey guys just got new blackberry storm with .148 platform on it.. i wanted to know what is the hybrid to make the phone work even better than it is now.. what hybrid do you guys recommend ? for best overall performance
    thanks
    Hey GQ I prefer V7 by our very own BBCrackman It makes the storm run like it should have brand new. The only downfall is a lot of themes don't work with the .151 files that are contained in the V7 hybrid.

    You can find V7 Here

    If you are a big theme person check this thread out and see if your theme is listed as working or non working

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...s-w-151-a.html

  3. #3
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello GQman and welcome to BBOS,

    The latest Hybrid that I can comment on would be the .148 w/ BBC v6. This was the first hybrid that I ever ran. The install went real well. I ran it for about 4 days then I reverted back to the straight .148. The BB Swiss Army Knife dropped and at that time I wanted to wipe my device. The performance of the v6 was acceptable IMHO but I can only elaborate on the one Hybrid install. Here is a link to others.
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...l-hybrids.html

    If you monitor this thread long enough, I'm sure you will receive enough opinions to make a fair decision. Thanks for droppin in.

  4. #4
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by GQman View Post
    hey guys just got new blackberry storm with .148 platform on it.. i wanted to know what is the hybrid to make the phone work even better than it is now.. what hybrid do you guys recommend ? for best overall performance
    thanks
    Hey GQ I prefer V7 by our very own BBCrackman It makes the storm run like it should have brand new. The only downfall is a lot of themes don't work with the .151 files that are contained in the V7 hybrid.

    You can find V7 Here

    If you are a big theme person check this thread out and see if your theme is listed as working or non working

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...s-w-151-a.html
    I agree v7 has been the best I have run

  5. #5
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    I agree v7 has been the best I have run
    I always agree with Laney so whatever she says

  6. #6
    GQman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    blackberry storm
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    so i installed .148 and v7 phone is turning on i have been on the white screen for 25 min already...should i panic?

  7. #7
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Hang in there.....Don't panic....standing by....give us another post in about 10 min

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GQman View Post
    so i installed .148 and v7 phone is turning on i have been on the white screen for 25 min already...should i panic?
    Never panic GQ that is what we are for. I would give it another 5 minutes. Then let us know where you are at.

  9. #9
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Never panic GQ that is what we are for. I would give it another 5 minutes. Then let us know where you are at.
    Great minds think alike.....

  10. #10
    GQman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    blackberry storm
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Phone rocks.. thanks

  11. #11
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GQman View Post
    Phone rocks.. thanks
    Glad to hear it GQ :fing02:

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •