I agree, im pretty sure he is working on the next installment of his legacy ;)
Great post perfect storm!
You know, going from .148 -> .151 (or .152) should only be bug fixes. It seems to me that the addition of enhancements, such as new home screen or whatever, would move it to a new enhancement version, such as 4.8.0. A major change in the architecture would make it 5.0, enhancements 4.8.x, and bugs 4.7.x.
And as fast as these are getting churned out I'm surprised that .148 was even officially released.
Up and running strong. However, I would still recommend waiting for a possible 9530 leaked version or at least a BBC Hybrid. There are still some issues that need to be addressed. Overall, I would give it a :biggthumpup:
Early Findings Report on 220.127.116.11 Sucessfully Installed over 18.104.22.168. on 9530:
- Themes services appears to be broken or non operational.
- Color banding is almost non-existant if using the supplied radio (.sfi)
- Accelometer is a touch better than on prior releases.
- Signal strength maintained 4-5 bars. (about the same as V6 Hybrid)
- Color saturation is there resulting in crisper and better in depth detail.
- Battery life seems to be about same. Haven't ran a benchmark test yet.
- 0 Lockups & 0 freezes
- 0 VSOD's
- ALL 3rd Party apps work perfectly.
- Camera Speed has increased.
- Camera autofocus green box locks in more quickly.
- Video recorder speed has increased.
- No noticable choppiness in video recorder play back recorded @ max resolution.
- Integration with DM 4.7 and 5.0 had no problems.
- Multimedia playback is flawless. Best color detail yet.
- Overall phone speed has improved. (however with the added fading transitions it does seem the same.)
- Menu launch and application controls handles responsively.
- Have not experienced any lag in typing. (when all icons are present)
- Browser speed is good but not quite as good as 5.0. (BBC's V6)
- Memory on clean install was unbelievably 54 Mb.
- 3 battery pulls after install to ensure all options set.
- SMS working.
- MMS working.
- Email Working.
- Lock feature working is an improvement.
- Minimal battery drain on video playback.
- Call quality is at same level as V6.
- Window animation or transitional effects are a HUGE ++. Makes the device look, feel and seem to react better.
- QuickPull version 2 works flawlessly.
- Quickpull total reboot time: 1st=2'02" 2nd=2'05" 3rd=2'01" 4th=2'25" 5th=2'27"
Thanks Perfect :) as always I appreciate the detail.
well considering that most themes are a huge source of the memory issues people are experiencing...i'd suggest avoiding themes for awhile anyway.
the OS has been making improvements hand over fist and the themes have been slow to catch up with the changes in the OS...i think plazmic needs to be updated to truly allow the full function of a theme and prevent the resource hogging that we've seen.
but either way themes are bad on the storm so don't use em. now that the .15x OS builds don't work with 'em i guess that makes things kinda easier.
hey guys can somebody explain what is color banding and browser push?
Ok here ya go (check out the image on left and image on right) this is more severe:
Brower push is content that get pushed to your BB (emails, etc) :)
thank you Olta! one more question, on the upper right side of the screen under known builds, it says .220, but yet I havent seen anyone mentioning it. why is that?
my goal is to slowly ruin every forum website that discusses blackberries and mobile communication technology. one post at a time :D