9500 4.7.0.151 Findings and Fixes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: 9500 4.7.0.151 Findings and Fixes

  1. #1
    mcfly27 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.484
    Posts
    58
    Liked
    0 times

    9500 4.7.0.151 Findings and Fixes

    Some quick findings...

    Installation was tricky - DM didnt notice it but app loader went through no bother.

    Big news...Free memory after quickpull is 48MB! This is the highest Ive ever experienced but we will have to see if that figure holds or if it leaks down.

    The "lag" between opening\closing\switching apps is definitely quicker...much more snappy.

    Also noticed on About page...the copyright now extends to 2009, meaning this release was the first (ive noticed) to be created inside 2009...we are def catching up folks!




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times

    9500 4.7.0.151 Fixes and findings

    Thought I would start this up for all our 9500 users

  3. #3
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Let us know the findings....

    I heard that color banding was fixed, but theme support is broken

    (that darn RIM)

  4. #4
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Let us know the findings....

    I heard that color banding was fixed, but theme support is broken

    (that darn RIM)
    Yep that is what I heard but Lyricidal said he is already on the case

  5. #5
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Yep that is what I heard but Lyricidal said he is already on the case
    I knew it!!! I bet bbcrackman as well

  6. #6
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I knew it!!! I bet bbcrackman as well
    Of that I have no doubt Just saw him this morning looking a little blurry eyed


  7. #7
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Of that I have no doubt Just saw him this morning looking a little blurry eyed

    :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::arms:

  8. #8
    Geeanywhere's Avatar
    Geeanywhere is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    PIN
    30569658
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v4.7.0.148
    Posts
    136
    Liked
    0 times
    I am wanting this NOW!!! Bring me a Hybrid too

  9. #9
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Let us know the findings....

    I heard that color banding was fixed, but theme support is broken

    (that darn RIM)
    that would be funny. Color fixed theme support broken. The irony. RIM gets the flag :bsflag:

  10. #10
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times
    i like the new transition effects so far... haven't noticed lags...
    my theme (minimal_glow) seem to work fine.
    looking forward to the hybrids by BBcrackman and Lyricidal...

    i think i'm kinda addicted to the hybrids...

  11. #11
    13furthermores's Avatar
    13furthermores is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    PIN
    20CC8983
    Device
    BB Storm 9500
    OS
    4.7.0.151/5.0
    Posts
    54
    Liked
    0 times

    New leaked os

    So far I have had to pull the bat 3 times to reset the device! So far I haven't found very much I could honestly claim are good! When I installed the Leaked OS, I COMPLETELY WIPED MY PHONE USING CRACK UTL. STILL THE LEAKED OS CONTINUES TO FREEZE, SOME THEMES LIKE THE HTC FREEZE AND YOU HAVE TO PULL THE BATTERY. IT JUST DOWNRIGHT SUCKS, THEIR'S NO BETTER WAY TO PUT IT!

    When I try to get to the home screen, well it's not good. I Have Reinstalled Twice and still have the same issues..............

    THE THE ISSUE USING RAPIDSHARE OR MEGALOAD I FOUND 9 VIRUS THAT MADE THEIR WAY TO MY LAPTOP>>>

    My be the next beta will improve?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9500 4.7.0.151 Findings and Fixes-eset-scan-june2-no-1.jpg  
    Last edited by 13furthermores; 06-03-2009 at 07:37 AM.

  12. #12
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times
    don't try to put any hybrid files. just use the leaked OS as is...
    you can use Shrink-A-OS though...
    also... make sure that you delete VENDOR.XML...
    then use LOADER from APPLOADER to install the leaked OS.

    Quote Originally Posted by 13furthermores View Post
    So far I have had to pull 3 bat to reset the device! So far I havent found any good in this new Leaked OS, IT SUCKS, NO BETTER WHAY TO PUT IT!

    When I try to ge to the home screen, well it's not good. I Have Reinstalled Twice and still have the same issues..............

    My be the next beta will improve?

  13. #13
    brightspark is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.402
    Posts
    59
    Liked
    0 times
    Just installed the .151 leak
    Tried installing over Lycirical 5.93, but had trouble getting the radio to connect.
    After a few attempts decided to wipe with JL Commander.

    Installed 151 using the Loader (after "ADD removing" the .141 folder)
    Still had some difficulty getting the radio to work.. after a few Quick Pulls, and Turning connections on and off, it kicked in.
    Resent Email Service Books and registered with the Network a couple of times

    Have got the "Blackberry Pro Red V3" Theme and it seems to be working Beautifully no problem with 151 leak -

    Transitions are nice but as reported they seem to erratic
    Memory looks good around 39mb after playing with the Browser email and SMS
    Haven't noticed any speed up in rebooting although it seems to take a lot longerto restart..

    I had continuous problems with 141 and 148 continually restarting after a Battery Pull or Quick Pull .. thats cleared up

    It seems to need 2 or 3 battery pulls after restoring 3rd party apps and my data.

    Very Impressed so far!!

  14. #14
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brightspark View Post
    Just installed the .151 leak
    Tried installing over Lycirical 5.93, but had trouble getting the radio to connect.
    After a few attempts decided to wipe with JL Commander.

    Installed 151 using the Loader (after "ADD removing" the .141 folder)
    Still had some difficulty getting the radio to work.. after a few Quick Pulls, and Turning connections on and off, it kicked in.
    Resent Email Service Books and registered with the Network a couple of times

    Have got the "Blackberry Pro Red V3" Theme and it seems to be working Beautifully no problem with 151 leak -

    Transitions are nice but as reported they seem to erratic
    Memory looks good around 39mb after playing with the Browser email and SMS
    Haven't noticed any speed up in rebooting although it seems to take a lot longerto restart..

    I had continuous problems with 141 and 148 continually restarting after a Battery Pull or Quick Pull .. thats cleared up

    It seems to need 2 or 3 battery pulls after restoring 3rd party apps and my data.

    Very Impressed so far!!
    Thank you for the detailed report bright. It seems this leak is hit or miss for users. Also good to hear that your theme is working with 151
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  15. #15
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times
    after 26 hrs of running without any lags whatsoever... .151 seems quite promising to me... haven't had any issues with themes or any apps so far...
    battery at 60%... after moderate browsing & a lot of phone calls...
    the memory still at 48.6 MB... no battery pulls so far....
    i donno about others.... but i like the transition effects already...
    also .... some minor enhancements/fixes in messaging (specially sms text) and phone app...

    after all that... i'd say... so far so good...

    still waiting for the hybrids tho...
    BBCrackman & Lyricidal... are you guys listening..??

    Last edited by gabriel; 06-02-2009 at 01:14 PM.

  16. #16
    robbeane is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow robbeane On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Olive Hill, Ky
    PIN
    2190E210
    Device
    9700
    OS
    RBs 9700 v2.2 (Testing)
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Updated from .141/.148/5.0.93 hybrid and so far its great..with .151 the memory is by far the best, no leaks at all, will startup at 54mb and it hasnt dropped below 53.6mb after 12hrs use..Battery life is better, after 9hrs i noticed that its dropped only 5%, the new App Transition is flawless, no lag at all..Keyboard lag is completly gone..last but not least the radio is alot more stable for me..This has to be the best one yet, just cant wait to get some 5.0 files into this and see how that goes

  17. #17
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by robbeane View Post
    Updated from .141/.148/5.0.93 hybrid and so far its great..with .151 the memory is by far the best, no leaks at all, will startup at 54mb and it hasnt dropped below 53.6mb after 12hrs use..Battery life is better, after 9hrs i noticed that its dropped only 5%, the new App Transition is flawless, no lag at all..Keyboard lag is completly gone..last but not least the radio is alot more stable for me..This has to be the best one yet, just cant wait to get some 5.0 files into this and see how that goes
    Thanks for the update Rob sounds good

    And welcome to BBOS

  18. #18
    ColinAlbright's Avatar
    ColinAlbright is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    U.K.
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.425
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    0 times

    .151 is very nice indeed!...

    I'm very impressed with .151 so far...

    I always flatten my phone first with JL_Cmder..., as it seems to get rid of a lot of the "junk" that is part of the previous install...

    .151 went on clean as a whistle, no probs...

    When it loaded up I had a few ghosting type screens where things were trying to catch up with each other on the load, but once that settled it was fine..

    Love all the new annimation, seems much smoother and loads of free mem so far...

    The only additional app I use is Easylock and that seems to be working okay too...

    It's amazing when you look back to .78 :crying: and compare it with this version, just how far the developers at RIM have come... I see that the latest known build is .220, you can only guess how good that must be...

    The Storm is really starting to come together...

    Like this build a lot... :01:

  19. #19
    654321ROD's Avatar
    654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Operating Systems

    Quote Originally Posted by ColinAlbright View Post
    I'm very impressed with .151 so far...

    I always flatten my phone first with JL_Cmder..., as it seems to get rid of a lot of the "junk" that is part of the previous install...

    .151 went on clean as a whistle, no probs...

    When it loaded up I had a few ghosting type screens where things were trying to catch up with each other on the load, but once that settled it was fine..

    Love all the new annimation, seems much smoother and loads of free mem so far...

    The only additional app I use is Easylock and that seems to be working okay too...

    It's amazing when you look back to .78 :crying: and compare it with this version, just how far the developers at RIM have come... I see that the latest known build is .220, you can only guess how good that must be...

    The Storm is really starting to come together...

    Like this build a lot... :01:
    If build .220 is available and known of ,why are we still tampering with 151 and hybrids of .141 This must be an execise in futility or could someone explain how RIM operates and/or where the so called leaks come from? Confused !!
    Last edited by 654321ROD; 06-03-2009 at 08:48 AM.

  20. #20
    brightspark is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.402
    Posts
    59
    Liked
    0 times
    .151 update
    Memory looks good so far booted up with about 38mb in the morning.
    16 hours memory is still holding around 28mb.
    Running Weatherbug, "Blackberry Pro Red V3 theme plus the regular programs.
    Battery seems to be lasting a bit longer.
    Have twice seen the phone jump into the Media Player while closing the Mail window... not sure why... and cant repeat the problem.. strange

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •