Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 18

  1. #1
    Marathon14's Avatar
    Marathon14 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Verizon Storm 9530
    OS
    9550 (Storm 2) - 320 Shrunken
    Posts
    227

    For those that like the .90 Fonts & Colors..

    I was having speed and flickering problems with this radion and crackman's hybrid so I did a wipe, install of .148 (leaked), swap a radio to .90 and a shrink.

    Now it is working well and no flickering.

    Pretty fast too. Just thought anyone else who liked that radio's options but could not get it working well could consider.

    Up fo 12 Hours now and memory started out at 43 now down to 33.
    Will report more details.



  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Thanks Marathon for the tip I have heard before some get different results using Swap VS adding it in during install. You are one more I am adding to that list.

  3. #3
    Marathon14's Avatar
    Marathon14 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Verizon Storm 9530
    OS
    9550 (Storm 2) - 320 Shrunken
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks Marathon for the tip I have heard before some get different results using Swap VS adding it in during install. You are one more I am adding to that list.
    No problem.
    Only issue so far is some white banding on the video camera.
    Does not effect performance, just a but annoying. Don't know if that results from .148 or the radio files.



  4. #4
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    Can someone explain to my why a lot of people like the .90 radio so much?

  5. #5
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    Can someone explain to my why a lot of people like the .90 radio so much?
    It holds EDGE very good, bigger keyboards, and no color banding



  6. #6
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    But I've read that .90 is unstable? Is this true? I've never seen the bigger keyboards but don't want to deal with instability?

  7. #7
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    But I've read that .90 is unstable? Is this true? I've never seen the bigger keyboards but don't want to deal with instability?
    .90 is very picky on who it likes that is for sure. I ran it with no issues until OS's .132 and up came along. Since then it hasn't been nice to me. You could be one of the ones that don't have any issues or you could be one of the ones that do. It is a crap shoot with .90

  8. #8
    Marathon14's Avatar
    Marathon14 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Verizon Storm 9530
    OS
    9550 (Storm 2) - 320 Shrunken
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    .90 is very picky on who it likes that is for sure. I ran it with no issues until OS's .132 and up came along. Since then it hasn't been nice to me. You could be one of the ones that don't have any issues or you could be one of the ones that do. It is a crap shoot with .90
    I absolutely love the fonts on the keyboards as my eyes are not the best and the color depth is much better. When phone rings you also really get large fonts on caller ID. Color depth is much richer too!

    On the phone a lot with it today. In fact killed a Seidio battery. Radio held better than 132 in some dead spots so that was impressive. I did have issues with BT pairing disconnecting but once I deleted unused BT devices and re paired my Plantronics 640 all went smoothly. Will give it another day and see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •