Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 15

  1. #1
    Delidgamond is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Crackman V6 with 148 base
    Posts
    16

    Calendar problems after new OS installation

    I backed up my storm before nuking it and then installing Crackman V6. I restored my data and my calendar has all the dates it had before, but at the top it has 'Send Using: Default Device', with no other options. Every one of these do not show up on any Today based themes. These are the ones that show the next 10 things coming up when you highlight the calendar or message icon on the home screen. When I click that box all I get is the menu pop up asking me to Save/Delete/Show Keyboard/Switch Application/Close. Is there a way to fix this?

    Last time this happened I had to go in and reenter all my contact dates, and all my upcoming dates. It was a long process to do and I'd rather not do it again.




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Delidgamond View Post
    I backed up my storm before nuking it and then installing Crackman V6. I restored my data and my calendar has all the dates it had before, but at the top it has 'Send Using: Default Device', with no other options. Every one of these do not show up on any Today based themes. These are the ones that show the next 10 things coming up when you highlight the calendar or message icon on the home screen. When I click that box all I get is the menu pop up asking me to Save/Delete/Show Keyboard/Switch Application/Close. Is there a way to fix this?

    Last time this happened I had to go in and reenter all my contact dates, and all my upcoming dates. It was a long process to do and I'd rather not do it again.
    How do you sync your calendar? google sync, outlook etc

  3. #3
    Delidgamond is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Crackman V6 with 148 base
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    How do you sync your calendar? google sync, outlook etc
    Google sync. If I go to google calendar it does not have any birthdays, and it's missing a couple events I had to reenter. They were old events that were in long before I reinstalled the OS. The ones that were kept were ones I entered before it did it's daily(?) sync, but the backup saved. When I synced today it saw the new events, and they show up in the Today menu, but none of my old future events are there. Birthdays don't show up because google contacts doesn't save that info on their side.

    Birthdays: They are currently saved on the calendar but don't show up on the Today. If I change a birthday in the contacts menu, the birthday is gone, and doesn't show up on the calendar at all. If I add a new contact, it will show up on the calendar and the today menu.

  4. #4
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Delidgamond View Post
    Google sync. If I go to google calendar it does not have any birthdays, and it's missing a couple events I had to reenter. They were old events that were in long before I reinstalled the OS. The ones that were kept were ones I entered before it did it's daily(?) sync, but the backup saved. When I synced today it saw the new events, and they show up in the Today menu, but none of my old future events are there. Birthdays don't show up because google contacts doesn't save that info on their side.

    Birthdays: They are currently saved on the calendar but don't show up on the Today. If I change a birthday in the contacts menu, the birthday is gone, and doesn't show up on the calendar at all. If I add a new contact, it will show up on the calendar and the today menu.
    And after the OS upgrade you re logged in to google sync and reset your options?

  5. #5
    mule0331's Avatar
    mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Delidgamond View Post
    I backed up my storm before nuking it and then installing Crackman V6. I restored my data and my calendar has all the dates it had before, but at the top it has 'Send Using: Default Device', with no other options. Every one of these do not show up on any Today based themes. These are the ones that show the next 10 things coming up when you highlight the calendar or message icon on the home screen. When I click that box all I get is the menu pop up asking me to Save/Delete/Show Keyboard/Switch Application/Close. Is there a way to fix this?

    Last time this happened I had to go in and reenter all my contact dates, and all my upcoming dates. It was a long process to do and I'd rather not do it again.
    The past 2 OS updates I had issues with the backed up calendar not loading. The "default' calendar stuff loaded, but anything I had entered on on of the other calendars didn't. All I did was go back and restore the backup a second time and all the calendar stuff loaded.

  6. #6
    Delidgamond is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Crackman V6 with 148 base
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    And after the OS upgrade you re logged in to google sync and reset your options?
    Not sure what you mean by 'reset your options'. I synced already. I went into options and made sure it's going to the calendar.

    The biggest problem I'm having is that Today themes aren't reading 'Default Device' info from my contact list. The birthdays are on the calendar, just not showing up in the Today info.

  7. #7
    mule0331's Avatar
    mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Delidgamond View Post
    Not sure what you mean by 'reset your options'. I synced already. I went into options and made sure it's going to the calendar.

    The biggest problem I'm having is that Today themes aren't reading 'Default Device' info from my contact list. The birthdays are on the calendar, just not showing up in the Today info.
    I have that same issue. My default calendar doesnt read in the today either, just stuff I have entered on other calendars.

  8. #8
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Delidgamond View Post
    Not sure what you mean by 'reset your options'. I synced already. I went into options and made sure it's going to the calendar.

    The biggest problem I'm having is that Today themes aren't reading 'Default Device' info from my contact list. The birthdays are on the calendar, just not showing up in the Today info.
    When your in calendar options does it show your gmail address calendar and device default?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •