"Official V6 Final Report" A Detailed Review of BBcrackman's V6" - Page 2

View Poll Results: Did the "Official V6 Final Report" provide you enough Detailed & Accurate Info?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 96.49%
  • No

    2 3.51%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: "Official V6 Final Report" A Detailed Review of BBcrackman's V6"

  1. #21
    ru4real's Avatar
    ru4real is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.1.0.2039
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for clarifying the process. It would be interesting to know why "3" pulls are required. I have worked with so many computing devices over the years and none of those has required multiple resets/reboots....

    Regards,
    -ru4real
    Last edited by ru4real; 05-29-2009 at 01:16 PM.




  2. #22
    skeletallightning's Avatar
    skeletallightning is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.591
    Posts
    130
    Liked
    0 times
    amazing post, storm. thanks a lot for all the info! great job!
    i would turn it all in for late nights and impossible dreams.

  3. #23
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by cookyconsp
    I have a problem with "media card inserted" have to pull battery 3 to 4 times before it goes away
    Here's your fix;

    Options > mobile network > set it to 1XEV
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  4. #24
    The.Perfect.Storm's Avatar
    The.Perfect.Storm is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    Private
    Device
    9530 & 9500
    Posts
    109
    Liked
    0 times

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Here's your fix;

    Options > mobile network > set it to 1XEV
    +1!!!
    Great Recomendation and information. This seems to work all the time when set as indicated.

    GOOD WORK!

  5. #25
    xkwwwx's Avatar
    xkwwwx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicago burbs
    PIN
    dammoni-uhhhhm
    Device
    Verizon 9530/Droid
    OS
    Lyricidal .238/296 Hybrid/android 2.0
    Posts
    141
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9530)

    Best Os ever!
    Thanks for making my life so much better.
    FREE 95xx ALIENWARE OMEGA SLIDER BY ZLEE67 http://tinyurl.com/alienware-omega
    VAPE INTELLICIGS AT WWW.INTELLICIG.COM
    BBOS ROCKS

  6. #26
    cookyconsp is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    9000
    OS
    4.6.120
    Posts
    25
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Perfect.Storm View Post
    +1!!!
    Great Recomendation and information. This seems to work all the time when set as indicated.

    GOOD WORK!
    It didnt work. Sorry. It's a great Hybrid no question, but "mediacard inserted" still there. It reminds me of early leaked OS's.

  7. #27
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times
    BBcrackman v6 on my 9500 so far (installed on may 29, 2009 3:00 AM GMT):
    - browser seems faster
    - OS runs smoother, less transitional lags
    - Memory seems stable at 45 - 50 MB levels

    - Keyboard lags with Google maps and on few other cases
    - keyboard lags while switching from portrait to landscape keyboards

  8. #28
    trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Liked
    0 times
    After using v7 and 7.1 update 2, i do feel that v6 was the best build for my device. v7 had way to many bugs for me and 7.1 update 2 was just as bad. Thanks for the post it is very informative. Gonna try running oneofakindpc's hybrid, and if i dont like it gonna go back to v6. BTW where the hell are all the leaks

  9. #29
    654321ROD's Avatar
    654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Measurement

    Quote Originally Posted by The.Perfect.Storm View Post
    "Official V6 Final Report"
    bbcrackman's absolute best release yet! V6 Rocks!


    Implementations, New Features, Positive / Negative Findings, Ongoing / Addressed Issues and Improvements will be addressed in Color Coded Format.


    Blue Text will = Positives, New Features, & Improvements

    Green Text Will = Acutely Noticable Changes

    Red Text will = Negatives & Ongoing Issues.



    "Device Type(s) tested on"
    9530

    "Base Software Version & Platform Utilized"
    4.7.0.148

    "Reason for chosen base version"
    Polls currently show the majority are in favor the 4.7.0.148 platform

    "Hybrid Version Tested (BBCrackman v6 Hybrid vs BBCrackman v6-90"
    Hybrid V6

    "Reason for chosen base version"
    V6 was selected as choice for testing purposes over the V6-90 due to the vast number of issues surrounding the .90 radio.
    Some devices did not perform well on 4.7.0.90 I would not recommend loading this unless you absolutely want to. While some may experience no reboots at all. Others may follow an alternate course of undesirable reboots, system lockup's, and occasional VSOD. It still has the same effect on devices as did straight .90.

    "Allocated Time Tested"
    Testing from day one of general release on a fully charged original battery till end of the battery cycle.

    "Color Saturation"
    Color improvement is definately there and it is noticable. While color banding is still present you cannot see the vast lineage as before between the transitional phases as in previous releases. Color saturation is a Major improvement showing better visibility and better color flow. Images are more Clearer and Brighter. Color depth seems at it's highest that I have seen compared to any other releases yet.

    "Color Banding"
    Still Present
    However:
    Colors are more vivid in detail and crisp in texture. Color banding is hardly noticable. Huge improvement over any other release out.

    "Battery Life"
    Under typical use; making regular calls, watching a movie, listening to music, web, and sms; Battery life has been DRASTICALLY INCREASED. I don't how it was done but the battery in all three units are still running STRONG. Have not had to charge yet. This would be one of the best noticable changes I have seen to date. Everybody needs battery life improvement, and if so then this looks like the one.

    "Lockup's / Freezes / VSOD"
    None! Running strong and smooth

    "Application Intergration"
    ALL of my 3rd Party apps work perfectly. Storm Slider, Quickpull, StopTilt, BofA, File Manager Pro, Forward w/Edit, PDF to Go, Forward w/Edit, Shazam, Kenny Powers, BBOS Launcher, Memory Manager, Battery Booster, Premium Doc to Go, Quicklaunch 1.5 and 2, Visual Voice Mail.

    "Camera and Video"
    Camera Speed has increased noticably. It is faster and works every time. 50 photos taken and no issues. 10 Videos taken and no issues. No reboots on camera usage or video usage. Playback was smooth and transitional.

    "BES"
    I am on BES with my company and it works flawlessly and punctually. Emails come in wuick and decisive as they should. This is how BES should have always been from the begining.

    "Using DM 4.7 and 5.0"
    I can do my back-up's with DM 4.7 and 5.0 with no issues. Tested with two seperate units for more accurate testing.

    "Music Multimedia"
    Played a variety of mp3's and had no problems at all. Music played back flawlessly!

    "Video Multimedia"
    Played several short video clips and 1 movie. Very clear color depth. Color saturation is definately better. Colors are more crisp!

    "Phone Speed"
    Phone speed is much improved. Even with several apps running and several emails going at the same time the phone was extremely fast and responsive. This is a HUGE improvement over the prior releases!

    "Loading from Card"
    All of my pics and vids loaded and were picked up perfectly from my 16 gb card.

    "Typing"
    ABSOLUTELY NO LAG AT ALL!!!!! I sent many SMS and emails and even while browsing the web had no lag on any of the testing phases. This is a MAJOR improvement.

    "Radio"
    ABSOLUTELY NOTICABLE IMPROVEMENT. The radio is the best out yet. I did not experience any lost or dropped calls. Not one Kb of data loss. Sound is MUCH clearer and louder. HOLDING STRONG at 4-5 bars all day long. I usually only get 3-4 bars at the same exact locations but not now. Just for this alone I will never change!

    "Accelerometer"
    CRAZY FAST! Ok seriously, this is the fastest one out yet. NO Lag! changes when it should and not when you would least expect it to.

    "Visual Voice Mail"
    Well if you use it, it does work perfectly.

    "Browser Speed"
    Dont even ask... It's LIGHTNING FAST. Don't let others tell you how fast their browsers are. This one will pass it by far. The fastest browser compared to others. Loaeds .096 seconds faster. Now dont say that .096 is not a long time cause when you are sitting at that redlight for only 1 minute waiting for the light to change that one minute seems like 5. YES it is MUCH FASTER!!!!!

    "Memory"
    54MB at start up vs 51MB before. Now keep in mind, this is BEFORE I loaded all of my third apps. With all of the apps listed above running I am holding strong at 43MB. No Loss So Far.

    "Battery Pulls"
    Do 3 battery pulls on set up of new hybris 60 seconds apart as instructed. how many battery pulls have I had so far now: 0. That's right, 0 battery pulls to date.

    "QuickPull"
    Works Perfectly!!!

    "The Final Analysis"

    This is absolutely the best built hybrid to date. It is not just my opinion but the results show it. Tested on three storms and all three running strong. bbcrackman's V6 needs no improvement as he has passed the bar of our expectations and led by example. While again I would highly remind you not use the .90 radio unless you are just looking for completely getting rid of the color banding. This V6 does not needs too much more in my opinion. Color, Video, Radio, Speed, Browsing.... It's All There.

    All I can say is a BIG Thanks to bbcrackman for this build and thanks to the BBOS team for having it here FIRST!!!!!!



    The.Perfect.Storm
    Who and how did somebody measure 0.096 seconds? I defy you to demonstrate this!

  10. #30
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by 654321ROD
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Perfect.Storm View Post
    "Official V6 Final Report"
    bbcrackman's absolute best release yet! V6 Rocks!


    Implementations, New Features, Positive / Negative Findings, Ongoing / Addressed Issues and Improvements will be addressed in Color Coded Format.


    Blue Text will = Positives, New Features, & Improvements

    Green Text Will = Acutely Noticable Changes

    Red Text will = Negatives & Ongoing Issues.



    "Device Type(s) tested on"
    9530

    "Base Software Version & Platform Utilized"
    4.7.0.148

    "Reason for chosen base version"
    Polls currently show the majority are in favor the 4.7.0.148 platform

    "Hybrid Version Tested (BBCrackman v6 Hybrid vs BBCrackman v6-90"
    Hybrid V6

    "Reason for chosen base version"
    V6 was selected as choice for testing purposes over the V6-90 due to the vast number of issues surrounding the .90 radio.
    Some devices did not perform well on 4.7.0.90 I would not recommend loading this unless you absolutely want to. While some may experience no reboots at all. Others may follow an alternate course of undesirable reboots, system lockup's, and occasional VSOD. It still has the same effect on devices as did straight .90.

    "Allocated Time Tested"
    Testing from day one of general release on a fully charged original battery till end of the battery cycle.

    "Color Saturation"
    Color improvement is definately there and it is noticable. While color banding is still present you cannot see the vast lineage as before between the transitional phases as in previous releases. Color saturation is a Major improvement showing better visibility and better color flow. Images are more Clearer and Brighter. Color depth seems at it's highest that I have seen compared to any other releases yet.

    "Color Banding"
    Still Present
    However:
    Colors are more vivid in detail and crisp in texture. Color banding is hardly noticable. Huge improvement over any other release out.

    "Battery Life"
    Under typical use; making regular calls, watching a movie, listening to music, web, and sms; Battery life has been DRASTICALLY INCREASED. I don't how it was done but the battery in all three units are still running STRONG. Have not had to charge yet. This would be one of the best noticable changes I have seen to date. Everybody needs battery life improvement, and if so then this looks like the one.

    "Lockup's / Freezes / VSOD"
    None! Running strong and smooth

    "Application Intergration"
    ALL of my 3rd Party apps work perfectly. Storm Slider, Quickpull, StopTilt, BofA, File Manager Pro, Forward w/Edit, PDF to Go, Forward w/Edit, Shazam, Kenny Powers, BBOS Launcher, Memory Manager, Battery Booster, Premium Doc to Go, Quicklaunch 1.5 and 2, Visual Voice Mail.

    "Camera and Video"
    Camera Speed has increased noticably. It is faster and works every time. 50 photos taken and no issues. 10 Videos taken and no issues. No reboots on camera usage or video usage. Playback was smooth and transitional.

    "BES"
    I am on BES with my company and it works flawlessly and punctually. Emails come in wuick and decisive as they should. This is how BES should have always been from the begining.

    "Using DM 4.7 and 5.0"
    I can do my back-up's with DM 4.7 and 5.0 with no issues. Tested with two seperate units for more accurate testing.

    "Music Multimedia"
    Played a variety of mp3's and had no problems at all. Music played back flawlessly!

    "Video Multimedia"
    Played several short video clips and 1 movie. Very clear color depth. Color saturation is definately better. Colors are more crisp!

    "Phone Speed"
    Phone speed is much improved. Even with several apps running and several emails going at the same time the phone was extremely fast and responsive. This is a HUGE improvement over the prior releases!

    "Loading from Card"
    All of my pics and vids loaded and were picked up perfectly from my 16 gb card.

    "Typing"
    ABSOLUTELY NO LAG AT ALL!!!!! I sent many SMS and emails and even while browsing the web had no lag on any of the testing phases. This is a MAJOR improvement.

    "Radio"
    ABSOLUTELY NOTICABLE IMPROVEMENT. The radio is the best out yet. I did not experience any lost or dropped calls. Not one Kb of data loss. Sound is MUCH clearer and louder. HOLDING STRONG at 4-5 bars all day long. I usually only get 3-4 bars at the same exact locations but not now. Just for this alone I will never change!

    "Accelerometer"
    CRAZY FAST! Ok seriously, this is the fastest one out yet. NO Lag! changes when it should and not when you would least expect it to.

    "Visual Voice Mail"
    Well if you use it, it does work perfectly.

    "Browser Speed"
    Dont even ask... It's LIGHTNING FAST. Don't let others tell you how fast their browsers are. This one will pass it by far. The fastest browser compared to others. Loaeds .096 seconds faster. Now dont say that .096 is not a long time cause when you are sitting at that redlight for only 1 minute waiting for the light to change that one minute seems like 5. YES it is MUCH FASTER!!!!!

    "Memory"
    54MB at start up vs 51MB before. Now keep in mind, this is BEFORE I loaded all of my third apps. With all of the apps listed above running I am holding strong at 43MB. No Loss So Far.

    "Battery Pulls"
    Do 3 battery pulls on set up of new hybris 60 seconds apart as instructed. how many battery pulls have I had so far now: 0. That's right, 0 battery pulls to date.

    "QuickPull"
    Works Perfectly!!!

    "The Final Analysis"

    This is absolutely the best built hybrid to date. It is not just my opinion but the results show it. Tested on three storms and all three running strong. bbcrackman's V6 needs no improvement as he has passed the bar of our expectations and led by example. While again I would highly remind you not use the .90 radio unless you are just looking for completely getting rid of the color banding. This V6 does not needs too much more in my opinion. Color, Video, Radio, Speed, Browsing.... It's All There.

    All I can say is a BIG Thanks to bbcrackman for this build and thanks to the BBOS team for having it here FIRST!!!!!!



    The.Perfect.Storm
    Who and how did somebody measure 0.096 seconds? I defy you to demonstrate this!
    I know he has a couple of storms and tested them side by side. Its a great detailed report.

  11. #31
    TR_82 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manitoba
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9530 for work 9550 for play
    OS
    .419 & .320
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I am running the version 7.3 and have found that anytime I use my camera my phone goes down. Today it white screened then showed me "reset" any ideas on a fix for this? Its not device exclusive either. I tried this on a secondary device and had the same result

  12. #32
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TR_82 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I am running the version 7.3 and have found that anytime I use my camera my phone goes down. Today it white screened then showed me "reset" any ideas on a fix for this? Its not device exclusive either. I tried this on a secondary device and had the same result
    Hey TR sorry to hear that. This is the first I have heard of this issue and thank you for trying it out on a second device How did you install 7.1.3 on both devices? Did you wipe the phones or install over the existing OS? If so what OS was on the phone that you installed over.

  13. #33
    TR_82 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manitoba
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9530 for work 9550 for play
    OS
    .419 & .320
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Hey! I did a total wipe and installed it over .148 any ideas on how to fix it? If not is there another option I should look at? Any help would be appreciated

  14. #34
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TR_82 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Hey! I did a total wipe and installed it over .148 any ideas on how to fix it? If not is there another option I should look at? Any help would be appreciated
    Did you have this issue with 7.1.2? And if you didn't did you upgrade to 7.1.3 for the suretype issue, or cause it was the latest one?

  15. #35
    TR_82 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manitoba
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9530 for work 9550 for play
    OS
    .419 & .320
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Updated because it was the newest. I had n issues with 7.1.2 so I may just go back to that.

  16. #36
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TR_82 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Updated because it was the newest. I had n issues with 7.1.2 so I may just go back to that.
    Yeah I would suggest that TR

    Normally I would suggest a full wipe with the issues you are having but since you already did that, and had the issue on 2 separate phones. I would suggest going back to what treated you right. Plus if you weren't experiencing the suretype issue (or don't use it) then that is what 7.1.3 was created for.

  17. #37
    TR_82 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manitoba
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9530 for work 9550 for play
    OS
    .419 & .320
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    0 times
    I am just about to do that. Thanks for the feedback tho!

  18. #38
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TR_82 View Post
    I am just about to do that. Thanks for the feedback tho!
    No problem :fing02:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •