The time is finally here once again! V6 is complete and ready for download. Many thing have been tweaked with this release including the use of 22.214.171.124 browser files. In addition you will have two options.
1. BBCrackman v6 Hybrid
2. BBCrackman v6-90 for those who like the 90sfi file. (Larger keyboard and better color)
Both of these releases perform outstanding! Both Hybrids are identical except for the sfi file. Install is the same as previous Hybrid installations.
BBC v6-90.zip - A word of caution, if your device did not perform well on 126.96.36.199 I would not recommend loading this unless you want to. It still has the same effect on some devices as did straight .90.
Video - How to Install Hybrid V6
1. Download and install either v188.8.131.52 or v184.108.40.206 as your base.
2. Download either Hybrid of your choice
3. Initialize the Hybrid exe file
4. When the program opens click “Next”
5. This screen tells you where the hybrid will install
6. If you click next you will get a window that tells you that the directory doesnt exist do you want to create one, the answer is NO
7. Click the button to the right of the file path, another window will open that contains a file tree
8. Use the file tree to navigate to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files and highlight the installed OS (either .132 or .148) click "OK"
9. Click “Next”
10. Click “Start” this will begin the install process
11. Installation complete click “Next”
12. Click “Finish”
Now the Hybrid is installed on your PC.
To install to your device go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader, you will see in this folder a file named Vendor.xml, delete this file by right clicking on the file and choose Delete.
Now in the same folder you will see another file named Loader.exe, looks like a phone, double click to initiate the loader program. Follow on screen instructions. Some of you may be upgrading from or downgrading to, make sure you choose the appropriate action in the loader screen.
I tried .148 Hybrid V6 .90 for 24 hours, but to many (3) freeze up and bugs with that radio. I liked the bigger font on the keys, but the freeze (lock) ups are a deal breaker for me. I use my Storm 15 hours a day and any hang ups kill my business.
So far coming from straight .148 and .141 V5.1 before that.
I am 48 hours in and here are my results so far using bbcrackman's .148 Base with Hybrid 6:
--Color is fine
--Battery Life is UNBELIEVABLY LONGER!--Browser is Lightening fast!
--No freeze ups
--ALL of my 3rd Party apps work. Quickpull, StopTilt, Beyond 160, Storm Slider, BofA, File Manager Pro, Forward w/Edit, PDF to Go, Premium Doc to Go, Quicklaunch 1.5 and 2, Visual Voice Mail, Forward w/Edit, Shazam, Kenny Powers, BBOS Launcher, Memory Manager and Battery Booster
--Camera Speed faster and works every-time (I took 23 photos no issues)
--I am on BES with my company and it works flawlessly
--I can do a back up with DM 5.0 and no issues
--Video works with no hang ups. I did 3 videos today
--Music worked flawlessly with no problems
--The speed of the phone is very impressive
--Pictures and Music load faster in Media from my 16GB card
--Typing with ZERO lag
--Radio is holding at 4-5 bars of 1EXEV (3G). Normally at 2-3 bars in my office) Any improvement is great!
--Accelerometer is very quick. Even with themes!
--Visual Voice Mail works perfect
--53MB at start up vs 52MB before
--Battery Pull seems to load faster than before
--Memory starts at 53MB and 24 hours later I am at 43MB. I can live with that
--QuickPull 2.0 works perfectly
(I have done 3-60 second pulls as recommended by the BBOS team)
I had a bug with StopTilt in my Address Book (Contacts) that is fixed with this Hybrid vs straight .148. Whenever I would start to type in the "Find" section to look up an address, the keyboard would not come up. No problems with this OS.
I am VERY HAPPY with this Hybrid V6 with .148 Radio!!
Best OS hands down for my Storm
My phone did not like the .90 radio.
Last edited by Pain Producer; 05-28-2009 at 01:18 AM.