Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 185 to 192 of 274

  1. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8.5
    Posts
    26

    phone now freezing

    ok..so I got the restore of my data to work, but my phone is acting up. I've done about 8 battery pulls, and every few hours I get a notice on the screen saying that the media card was detected...when I click any button I then just see the Verizon Wireless screen and can't get out of it without a battery pull. Should I try re-installing the OS? So far it seems very slow buggy, which isn't what all of you experienced.



  2. #186
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by msufiji View Post
    ok..so I got the restore of my data to work, but my phone is acting up. I've done about 8 battery pulls, and every few hours I get a notice on the screen saying that the media card was detected...when I click any button I then just see the Verizon Wireless screen and can't get out of it without a battery pull. Should I try re-installing the OS? So far it seems very slow buggy, which isn't what all of you experienced.
    i would suggest you wipe your phone and start off fresh. download a fresh .148 and install the v6 over it and update

    *make sure you remember to backup*


  3. #187
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Shasta Lake, CA
    PIN
    30620ff8
    Device
    Storm 9530 VZW
    OS
    .141/.174
    Posts
    27
    So far so good on the upgrade. The only problem so far is I did not add the custom dictionary. Can someone tell me how to just add that one function without redoing the whole OS again.

    When I try to add English in the DM it wants to change or do something to all the OS. When I installed v6 I used the loader.exe function.

    Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Thanks



  4. #188
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral70 View Post
    So far so good on the upgrade. The only problem so far is I did not add the custom dictionary. Can someone tell me how to just add that one function without redoing the whole OS again.

    When I try to add English in the DM it wants to change or do something to all the OS. When I installed v6 I used the loader.exe function.

    Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Thanks
    im not sure about the custom dictionary... ill look for an answer for you though.

    if you updating ANYTHING from DM, please make sure to disconnect your PC from the internet or it is going to install straight .148

    (i learned the hard way, i went to put bbm back on my phone and ended up on straight .148 :lmao

  5. #189
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    if you go into add/remove applications in DM is the dictionary listed? i just read somewhere where it says it is but i dont remember seeing it.

    sorry, i am not at my pc where i can look at DM

    still looking...



  6. #190
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Hello all,

    I've got a quick question about the hybrid. I'm 24hrs into the install. All seems well except for the radio. MY signal strength is noticeably weaker with the hybrid than with straight .148 exe. Ant thoughts.....?

  7. #191
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Wirelessly posted (Storm)

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsonite
    Hello all,

    I've got a quick question about the hybrid. I'm 24hrs into the install. All seems well except for the radio. MY signal strength is noticeably weaker with the hybrid than with straight .148 exe. Ant thoughts.....?
    I would recommend "The Bryan." Swap in the 109 radio and see if that helps. If not, many folks like the 132 radio as well.

  8. #192
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by sgillen View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Storm)



    I would recommend "The Bryan." Swap in the 109 radio and see if that helps. If not, many folks like the 132 radio as well.
    I like 132, i always seem to go back :lmao:

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •