Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 145 to 152 of 274

  1. #145
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mile High State
    PIN
    21E56B8C
    Device
    T-Mobile branded Bold 9700
    OS
    v 5.0.0.586
    Posts
    27
    Thanks all...that was a rather easy process. I did pull Options, and About to see I'm on the v4.7.0.148, but how do I see if the v6 Hybrid is loaded (I walked away from the laptop), but did see a successful message on the BlackBerry when I returned.

    Its now 2am, off to bed. I will test throughout the day tomorrow, and share with everyone my thoughts of my first altered OS for a BlackBerry.

    THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!



  2. #146
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Storm 9500 & Curve 8320
    OS
    V7
    Posts
    21
    Thanks alot guys.am running 9500 with v6 hybrid

  3. #147
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by th1nm1nt View Post
    Thanks all...that was a rather easy process. I did pull Options, and About to see I'm on the v4.7.0.148, but how do I see if the v6 Hybrid is loaded (I walked away from the laptop), but did see a successful message on the BlackBerry when I returned.

    Its now 2am, off to bed. I will test throughout the day tomorrow, and share with everyone my thoughts of my first altered OS for a BlackBerry.

    THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!
    On your BB, go to option, advanced options, apps, then highlight 4.7 System Software, BB button, module. If you scroll down the list of files and you see those from 5.0 you have V6 installed.


    let us know what you think once it settles in



  4. #148
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    I'm running BBCrackman v6 on my 9500... and so far it has proved to be quite stable...
    haven't noticed any significant memory leaks so far... except for once with Google Maps...

    I'd want to try out the BBCrackman v6-90 version on my 9500 (replacing the radio/sfi file ofcourse..) ... does BBCrackman v6-90 support 9500 ..?? what changes should i notice...??
    please let me know.

  5. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by asifur View Post
    I'm running BBCrackman v6 on my 9500... and so far it has proved to be quite stable...
    haven't noticed any significant memory leaks so far... except for once with Google Maps...

    I'd want to try out the BBCrackman v6-90 version on my 9500 (replacing the radio/sfi file ofcourse..) ... does BBCrackman v6-90 support 9500 ..?? what changes should i notice...??
    please let me know.
    I would recommend using Swap A Radio and just swapping in the .90 radio code

    You should notice better signal strength, bigger keyboard, and no color banding Keep in mind that .90 is very picky on who it likes. If you have any issues with random reboots, VSOD's etc I would recommend (if you can) to give it 2-3 days to settle in/



  6. #150
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mile High State
    PIN
    21E56B8C
    Device
    T-Mobile branded Bold 9700
    OS
    v 5.0.0.586
    Posts
    27
    I viewed my module list, and don't see anything over 5 0 0 93, what module(s) should show v6?

  7. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by th1nm1nt View Post
    I viewed my module list, and don't see anything over 5 0 0 93, what module(s) should show v6?
    5 0 0 93 are the highest 5.0 files that the hybrid uses

  8. #152
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372

    Question

    whats the difference between replacing sfi files and using Swap A Radio ..??

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I would recommend using Swap A Radio and just swapping in the .90 radio code

    You should notice better signal strength, bigger keyboard, and no color banding Keep in mind that .90 is very picky on who it likes. If you have any issues with random reboots, VSOD's etc I would recommend (if you can) to give it 2-3 days to settle in/

    Quote Originally Posted by asifur
    I'm running BBCrackman v6 on my 9500... and so far it has proved to be quite stable...
    haven't noticed any significant memory leaks so far... except for once with Google Maps...

    I'd want to try out the BBCrackman v6-90 version on my 9500 (replacing the radio/sfi file ofcourse..) ... does BBCrackman v6-90 support 9500 ..?? what changes should i notice...??
    please let me know.

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •