Its not like I haven't done this thing since hybrids started. Its just..Damn--frustrating..
Ok..OS loaded..attaching phone to usb..Debating whether to try apploader in dm now..Any thoughts? Tried loader.exe without luck
either one should work, but i agree that loader is the way to go.
this is what i use:
Make sure OS is installed to PC
Close Desktop Manager
Go to…..C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader…..delete the vendor.xml file
Dbl Click the Loader application:
Check what you want to be installed and continue with the instructions.
Have you tried pulling the internet right before the step when you click next to begin installation? I've had to this sometimes to force things to proceed.
remove the battery and try loader.exe
Stand by..Noticed the Control panel didn't remove the os completely..Because the backup is still there from hybriding..going to remove it again and then delete the files remaining..Be a few minutes till I return..
reinstalling now clean .148 OS
Appreciate all the help guys..You rule!!Only OS on PC now
While waiting for os to load, I feel like such as Noob..This may be an all nighter
give a try to this steps if doesnt work
1. Install the desktop software.
2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
3. Pull the battery out of your device.
4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
5. open the loader.exe
6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
8. Select all software you want installed.
9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.
THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.
Startubng Loader.exe now..removed vendor. file