Thanks for all the welcomes!
If anyone has any suggestions to help me improve this app, don't hesitate to tell me.
Welcome. Looking forward to using this once I log on from my desktop.
I'm planning 3 significant updates for the near future and would like to get everyone's input on them:
1) Clarifying the base/installed OS relationship and changing it to installed/base/supplemental OS. This would allow compound hybrids to be made. i.e. .148/5.0 for 9500. currently, if you use 5.0 as the base, you're stuck with which ever OS's you have installed as the true base. so, in the example given, installed would be whatever you have, base would be .148 and supplemental would be 5.0. This would give all the benefits of both 5.0 and .148 (currently the full benefits of only one of these is possible)
2) Recently I have been inundated with user submissions and I'm looking to automate the process even more. Not only that, but I'd like to minimize what you need to download to be able to use the app. My plan is to abandon the xml files in favor of grabbing the necessary data directly from my webserver's database. The upside is the app will always have the most up to date data. Also, user submissions would instantaneously be added to the list in the app. The downside is you'll need to be connected to the internet to use the app. I could remedy this somewhat by saving the most recent data like it is currently. This would solve the problem of needing an internet connection except for the first time the app is run.
3) Not only are the user submissions taking up a lot more space than I had originally expected, they're also getting really confusing. With the number of submissions nearing 100, I'm being forced to organize them better in the app. My thought is to separate them by device then base. I'd really like your input on how to effectively do this one. It is completely yours afterall.
Here are a few other things I'm planning on putting in future releases:
- auto backup restore before each subsequent shrink/hybridizing to ensure there aren't any lingering files
- full update engine (this includes the .exe itself) so you never have to manually download an update again
- more/less hybrid options (i'll need your suggestions on this one)
Please let me know your thoughts on any or all of this. Also, let me know anything else I should change/add.
Wow this program looks great. Ill be giving it a try tonight.
Wirelessly posted (9530)
Truth it is an awesome program I have used it twice now. Hollip did an outstanding job building this
Originally Posted by thetruth
What if I only want to shrink....I just ran V6 on 148, so the hybrid part is done....will I have to reset my BB on the BES if I shrink?
Did you load the OS on the phone already? Your suppose to shrink before you load so all the changes take place
Originally Posted by spepi
OS is loaded, and activated on my bes
Tags for this Thread