Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 35

  1. #1
    Bookers's Avatar
    Bookers is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bookers On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    428
    Posts
    173

    Just got my New Storm yesterday

    Overwhelmed and still reading. There are so many things to look at and I dont know which is related. The only thing I have wrong with BB is a little sluggish...battery drainage....3-4 second freezes and LOL Im still learning.

    I am trying to get this right the first time. Shrink... got it less files for OS
    as for which build and OS hmmm I have no Idea using the 4.7 75 legal...downloaded 4.7 148 leaked...now 5.0 is out.


    deleted old 4.7 through control panel. I have VZW so I have to delete the vml file to use a leaked version?

    I have no idea what a radio or a hybid is

    I am just a little lost....Ive downloaded all in one tools including JL commander. The only thing I have succeeded at so far was to change the theme to BLUEGOOV2

    I have also backed up my BB and marked it with a date. I have been reading for 2 days and it's coming around slowly.

    Anything i am missing please chime in.....Thank you in advance :-)
    Last edited by Bookers; 05-21-2009 at 09:03 PM.




  2. #2
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookers View Post
    Overwhelmed and still reading. There are so many things to look at and I dont know which is related. The only thing I have wrong with BB is a little sluggish...battery drainage....3-4 second freezes and LOL Im still learning.

    I am trying to get this right the first time. Shrink... got it less files for OS
    as for which build and OS hmmm I have no Idea using the 4.7 75 legal...downloaded 4.7 148 leaked...now 5.0 is out.


    deleted old 4.7 through control panel. I have VZW so I have to delete the vml file to use a leaked version?

    I have no idea what a radio or a hybid is

    I am just a little lost....Ive downloaded all in one tools including JL commander. The only thing I have succeeded at so far was to change the theme to BLUEGOOV2

    I have also backed up my BB and marked it with a date. I have been reading for 2 days and it's coming around slowly.

    Anything i am missing please chime in.....Thank you in advance :-)
    Welcome to BlackBerryOS Bookers!!! Youre doing good, just keep reading and when youre ready to take the plunge the entire BBOS team is here to help. We look forward to seeing you in the forums!

  3. #3
    Bookers's Avatar
    Bookers is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bookers On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    428
    Posts
    173
    Thank you for the reply I am thinking of doing this tonight....

    delete vendor file for leaked?

    just install 4.7 148 and cross my fingers?

    shrink first?

    is there a sticky for the order?

    Thank you

  4. #4
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookers View Post
    Overwhelmed and still reading. There are so many things to look at and I dont know which is related. The only thing I have wrong with BB is a little sluggish...battery drainage....3-4 second freezes and LOL Im still learning.

    I am trying to get this right the first time. Shrink... got it less files for OS
    as for which build and OS hmmm I have no Idea using the 4.7 75 legal...downloaded 4.7 148 leaked...now 5.0 is out.


    deleted old 4.7 through control panel. I have VZW so I have to delete the vml file to use a leaked version?

    I have no idea what a radio or a hybid is

    I am just a little lost....Ive downloaded all in one tools including JL commander. The only thing I have succeeded at so far was to change the theme to BLUEGOOV2

    I have also backed up my BB and marked it with a date. I have been reading for 2 days and it's coming around slowly.

    Anything i am missing please chime in.....Thank you in advance :-)

    You are good!!! For 2 days owning the storm!!! It takes a couple of weeks to get to know bbs and tips/tricks and so on....Ok let me start answering your questions:
    1. It's slow and sluggish because of the OS (operating system), which the only official from vzw we have is 4.7.0.75 or just .75.
    2. Shrink-a-OS is an app that removes the un-needed java files....In your case, I would suggest upgrading to a straight OS (4.7.0.148 or .148 is the latest leaked, 5.0 is not out yet) just so you get yourself familiar with the process. The best guide for you would be the one in my signature: The guide to upgrade OS.
    3. A radio file is the .sfi file in the cdma folder, it's your data, reception and so on. When we refer to for example .132 radio, that means radio from OS 4.7.0.132.
    4. A hybrid is where people take java files from different OS and mix and match to create the most optimal OS.

    Ask away questions, we are here to help

  5. #5
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookers View Post
    Thank you for the reply I am thinking of doing this tonight....

    delete vendor file for leaked?

    just install 4.7 148 and cross my fingers?

    shrink first?

    is there a sticky for the order?

    Thank you
    Yes, definitely delete the vendor.xml file. Good luck

  6. #6
    Bookers's Avatar
    Bookers is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bookers On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    428
    Posts
    173
    ok sweet i will just try the straight 148 I am just a little skeptical or leary that I will get unwanted bugs and such ...kind of if it aint broke dont fix it...but such is life....I do notice it should be better and I am going for it! I guess it should be better than what I have.

    thank you... sorry one more question backing up 3rd party apps I have not installed any yet that I know of so shouldnt worry about this?
    Last edited by Bookers; 05-21-2009 at 09:25 PM.

  7. #7
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookers View Post
    ok sweet i will just try the straight 148 I am just a little skeptical or leary that I will get unwanted bugs and such ...kind of if it aint broke dont fix it...but such is life....I do notice it should be better and I am going for it! I guess it should be better than what I have.

    thank you...
    Remember to do a battery pull once you are done...oh and DO NOT unplug the phone until all is done!!!....On a side note, trust me, .75 has plenty bugs, so I think it's your gain to upgrade. If you don't like it, you can always go back.....That's the fun with blackberries, is you can change the OS countless number of times

  8. #8
    Bookers's Avatar
    Bookers is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bookers On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    428
    Posts
    173
    upgrade in session

    how long should it take?
    Last edited by Bookers; 05-21-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •