Updated the http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...-software.html thread.
Yes for starters I would definitely recommend just straight update. Then once you see what its all about, you can try something different. .
Thank you everyone I will kick it off with .148!
So when I attempt to update with the desktop manager It gives me the option to select .148. I get a Update summary that states "No Update is required for your Device"
And vendor.xml was deleted.
I followed these instructions:
How do I upgrade the OS on my device? Follow these instructions:
1. Download and install to PC the latest version of Desktop Manager from here: ( BlackBerry Operating System Downloads )
2. Download the new OS you want and install it to the PC
3. Open Desktop Manager and do a complete backup of your current device.
4. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
5. Plug in BB and open Desktop Manager
6. Select Application Loader
7. You will be prompted to upgrade