Thank you everyone I will kick it off with .148!
So when I attempt to update with the desktop manager It gives me the option to select .148. I get a Update summary that states "No Update is required for your Device"
And vendor.xml was deleted.
I followed these instructions:
How do I upgrade the OS on my device? Follow these instructions:
1. Download and install to PC the latest version of Desktop Manager from here: ( BlackBerry Operating System Downloads )
2. Download the new OS you want and install it to the PC
3. Open Desktop Manager and do a complete backup of your current device.
4. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
5. Plug in BB and open Desktop Manager
6. Select Application Loader
7. You will be prompted to upgrade
Thank you! and just launched it it gave me the app list. I am trying now.
I keep gettinG "ERROR READING SETUP INITIALIZATION FILE" MESSAGES WHEN i DOWN LOAD FROM THE FIRST LINK Download here @ BlackberryOS: 22.214.171.124
Ok... .148 was a huge comparable change!!! It really works much much better and I can't believe all the little added features like the line location brackets for corrections. Phenomenal...
No issues, runs like a champ and very very few restarts required. Thank you!!! this was a HUGE help. I knew it wasn't the hardware that was trash. Greatness...
I may still trade my Storm back in for the Omnia. Hmmm...
Thanks for this!
Having a slight problem though.
Did the install, very familiar with the whole process.
It's telling me I have no updates.
I checked and I am running .141, so why isn't it picking up on the update?
Megauload was a bad file and had to use the one provided by site ~ thought it might help someone.
Last edited by PincBerry; 05-27-2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: RESOLVED PROBLEM AND REPORTING AN ISSUE
have you deleted the vendor.xml file? try uninstalling previous os's installed on your pc
BlackBerry by Choice!