9530 4.7.0.148 Findings and Fixes - Page 25
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 536

Thread: 9530 4.7.0.148 Findings and Fixes

  1. #481
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Any reports of not being able to download OTA on this OS?


    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims


  2. #482
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Any reports of not being able to download OTA on this OS?
    Rellims when I was running it I did 3 or 4 ota and didn't have any issues.

  3. #483
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Rellims when I was running it I did 3 or 4 ota and didn't have any issues.
    I cant even download the theme I just posted OTA, as long as its working I'm happy. Ive tried 3 OTA links so far and I'm getting a 907 invalid COD error, thoughts?
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  4. #484
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I cant even download the theme I just posted OTA, as long as its working I'm happy. Ive tried 3 OTA links so far and I'm getting a 907 invalid COD error, thoughts?
    Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

  5. #485
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Have you tried clearing your browser cache?
    Yah, no go. Probably not the right thread I'm thinking. I do know I downloaded OTAs on v5. This is the first time I have tried on .148
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  6. #486
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Yah, no go. Probably not the right thread I'm thinking. I do know I downloaded OTAs on v5. This is the first time I have tried on .148
    I searched around and found that basically it's a corrupted file. If you can install through DM that would be the way to go but OTA are .jad files and cannot be used through DM. Do you have the alx file for it?

  7. #487
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Sure do, but others are downloading the OTA fine.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  8. #488
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Sure do, but others are downloading the OTA fine.
    That is perculiar let me do some research and get back to you.

  9. #489
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    That is perculiar let me do some research and get back to you.
    Thanks, I appreciate the help.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  10. #490
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate the help.
    Anytime man.

  11. #491
    c0Ld is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .132
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    0 times
    This radio gives me full signal strength .. everywhere. It's incredible. Places that give me low reception on 141 and 109 have 4-5 bars. Battery life seems quite a bit better as well. I haven't run in to a single issue with .148. My memory is holding steady at 30mb after 36 hours, which seems a bit low compared to others, but as long as it doesn't go any lower, who cares? The only complaint I can manage to spew out is that the accelerometer isn't the fastest I've used, but it's not bad either -- definitely not slow enough to warrant an actual complaint from me. I'm really impressed so far.

  12. #492
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by c0Ld View Post
    This radio gives me full signal strength .. everywhere. It's incredible. Places that give me low reception on 141 and 109 have 4-5 bars. Battery life seems quite a bit better as well. I haven't run in to a single issue with .148. My memory is holding steady at 30mb after 36 hours, which seems a bit low compared to others, but as long as it doesn't go any lower, who cares? The only complaint I can manage to spew out is that the accelerometer isn't the fastest I've used, but it's not bad either -- definitely not slow enough to warrant an actual complaint from me. I'm really impressed so far.
    Glad its working out for you Cold! Hope it keeps that way for ya

  13. #493
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times

    Straight .148 Test Update

    FINAL REPORT ..148 Stright/shrunk
    Very Initial findings - after 3 batt pulls + 15 minutes "run-in" (initializing apps, email set-up, initial phone tests, restore settings, etc.)
    Download - no issue
    Install - no issue, all apps and settings transferred perfectly
    Camera - looks good, no freeze, quick save/no lag
    Video Camera - no freeze, good save, good start/stop, good record/smooth playback in full screen, good delete - no issues
    MMS - Fully functional
    Copy/paste tool - present/functional
    Phone - so far, so good. 1XEV holding -82dBm(typical for my loation) no dial pad issues.
    Browser - very fast...(connects to Home URL in 5 seconds or less)
    Email - no issue
    keyboards - very responsive
    Screen Rotations - very good/fast sensitive
    Meterberry, Google Maps, BB Maps, Tip Calculator, Docs2Go, Storm Level, Voice Dialing, Calendar - no issue
    Quick Launch - N/A sorry, I don't use it
    Theme Compatibility - no issue with Gemblock Today Plus iBerry
    Lock - works as it should
    Bluetooth - Tested Bluetooth on both my headset and the car handsfree---working perfectly/no volume issues on calls.
    Media files - No issues on Music, Video, Ringtones, Pictures - load fast...excellent swipe speed to next picture in full screen/landscape.
    Voice Notes - Don't Use, shrunk it out on installatio
    n

    24 HOUR REPORT - No changes from above.
    Memory management (holding ~38MB) - excellent
    Battery (73% remaining after 24 hours-light use) - excellent
    Event Log - no errors reported
    Signal Strength -80dBm/1XEV and steady during entire period
    No Resets (intentional or spontaneous) since initial battery pulls


    36 HOUR REPORT - No changes from above.
    Memory management 41 MB (ranging 37-41 throughout test period/recovers nicely with use of apps)
    Battery (50% remaining after 36 hours -light use) - excellent
    Event Log - No reported errors
    Signal Strength -80dBm/1XEV and holding.
    No Resets (intentional or spontaneous) since initial battery pulls


    58 HOUR REPORT - No changes from above.
    Memory management - 39 MB (continues to range 37MB-41MB throughout test period/recovers nicely with use of apps)
    Battery - (13% remaining - light use). End Battery Test - recharging
    Event Log - No reported errors
    Signal Strength -80dBm/1XEV and holding.
    No Resets (intentional or spontaneous) since initial battery pulls
    OTA Downloading - no issues downloading from various sites.

    RE:POST #483/RELLIMS; Emailed this link: http://www.indyitservices.com/bb_the...an_DK_Blue.jad for theme to my storm and downloaded OTA without issue.
    NOTE:
    Immediate impact of downloading additional theme was to lower free device memory ~2MB without negative consequences. I will leave this on device because I do not want to intentionally reset (reqired to complete deletion) during this test. Will continue to monitor memory management...Device now contains stock Zen theme (inactive), Gemblock iberry Today Plus (active since test initiation) and Rellims Theme (inactive).
    65 Hour Interim Finding
    Since loading 3rd theme, memory now holding ~33MB. No change in apps or other parameters. Memory ranging from 28MB -35MB but still demonstrating ability to recover when apps are "exercised". Good indicator that additional themes should not be on device if not absolutely required but device still running as stated in above reports.

    72 HOUR FINAL REPORT - TERMINATING TEST
    Addition of third theme coincided with significant memory reduction...now at 20MB. HOWEVER, system still behaves as it has throughout the test period. Don't know if it's the particular theme per se or just that there are now three themes on the device.

    CONCLUSION:
    1. .148 appears reasonably robust, stable, fast
    2. .148 appears slightly better than .132 in it's memory management, battery use and video camera functions
    3. Will delete third theme, reset device and report if memory failure is due to third theme or not.
    4. Until the third theme was added, .148 performed very well and worthy of your trials. I find it to be among the best of the least 16 OS which have resided on this device. Your results, unfortunately, may vary. Good Luck!
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-24-2009 at 09:50 PM.

  14. #494
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Very Initial findings - after 3 batt pulls
    Download - no issue
    Install - no issue, all apps and settings transferred perfectly
    Camera - looks good, no freeze, quick save/no lag
    Video Camera - no freeze, good save, good start/stop
    MMS - Fully functional
    Copy/paste tool - present/functional
    Phone - so far, so good. 1XEV holding -82dBm(typical for my loation) no dial pad issues.
    Browser - very fast...(connects to Home URL in 5 seconds or less)
    Email - no issue
    keyboards - very responsive
    Screen Rotations - very good/fast sensitive
    Meterberry, Google Maps, BB Maps - no issue
    Quick Launch - N/A sorry, I don't use it
    Theme Compatibility - no issue with Gemblock Today Plus iBerry
    Lock - works as it should
    Bluetooth - Tested Bluetooth on both my headset and the car handsfree---working perfectly/no volume issues on calls.
    Media files - No issues on Music, Video, Ringtones, Pictures - load fast...excellent swipe speed to next picture in full screen/landscape.
    Voice Notes - Don't Use, shrunk it out on installatio
    n

    24 HOUR REPORT - No changes from above.
    Memory management (holding ~38MB) - excellent
    Battery (73% remaining after 24 hours-light use) - excellent
    Event Log - no errors reported
    Signal Strength -80dBm/1XEV and steady during entire period
    No Resets (intentional or spontaneous) since initial battery pulls


    36 HOUR REPORT - No changes from above.
    Memory management 41 MB (ranging 37-41 throughout test period/recovers nicely with use of apps)
    Battery (50% remaining after 36 hours -light use) - excellent
    Event Log - No reported errors
    Signal Strength -80dBm/1XEV and holding.
    No Resets (intentional or spontaneous) since initial battery pulls


    58 HOUR REPORT - No changes from above.
    Memory management - 39 MB (continues to range 37MB-41MB throughout test period/recovers nicely with use of apps)
    Battery - (13% remaining - light use). End Battery Test - recharging
    Event Log - No reported errors
    Signal Strength -80dBm/1XEV and holding.
    No Resets (intentional or spontaneous) since initial battery pulls
    OTA Downloading - no issues downloading from various sites. Re: POST #483/RELLIMS, emailed this link: http://www.indyitservices.com/bb_the...an_DK_Blue.jad for theme to my storm and downloaded OTA without issue.

    NOTE: Immediate impact of download was to lower free device memory ~2MB without negative consequences. I will leave this on device because I do not want to intentionally reset (reqired to complete deletion) during this test. Will continue to monitor memory management...Device now contains stock Zen theme (inactive), Gemblock iberry Today Plus (active since test initiation) and Rellims Theme (inactive).

    My typical test is 5 days unless I run into significant issues sooner. I'll continue to edit this report as I gather additional data.
    Wow Toy, another good review! Loving all that blue!

  15. #495
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    So far - at least equal, if not slightly better, than .132(Straight) in all parameters.

  16. #496
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    So far - at least equal, if not slightly better, than .132(Straight) in all parameters.
    Not bad for a chemist :banana: Wow, excellent feedback now that's what I call a review.

    Out of curiosity have you kept notes on all of the OS's and hybrids you have tried out. If so, I'm curious to know what you think the best OS/hybrid is. I know some of the parameters are not quantitative but interested in your subjective thoughts.

  17. #497
    bgunckel's Avatar
    bgunckel is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 Hybrid v6
    Posts
    130
    Liked
    0 times
    Successfully installed .148 a couple hours ago and must say, free app memory is very high. Ran .75 rel 107 for about 1 week and it remained at 30 or slightly higher. This one is hanging around 37-38 for now, and will probably improve over time.

    Only issue so far: AppLoader in DM 4.7 gives me a fatal error before it loads my app list. A few of my apps didn't get reloaded when I installed the OS, and I was going to reinstall via DM.

  18. #498
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Jlevy,
    Generally, .132 and .148 have, to date, demonstrated the best overall stability on my device...both being virtually free of error. I think .148 is a bit better but that's purely subjective. It "appears" to be slightly better in memory management and a little easier on the battery but both were quite acceptable, fast, solid. The numbers on each are too close to say there's a real difference but .148 'trends' slightly better.
    I wish these findings were true for all users...the fact that it appears not to be so, just defies all logic!
    In all candor, I wouldn't be surprised if .148 ultimately becomes official (or something close to it - but then again, we're talking about VZW here, so I wouldn't bet my money on it).
    As for the hybrids...I haven't found a need to go into too many of the Crackman versions for any extended time. For the most part, once .132 leaked, that's what I've been using on a day to day basis. Lyricidals 5.0 hybrids originally proved quite good (before 5.0.0.93) but I ran into a few glitches once those 5.0.0.93 files started being included. The original 5.0 files seemed a little less troublesome. However, I haven't tried any of the latest one's he's offered up which use OS .148.
    If all continues on track, .148 (straight/shrunk) will become my everyday OS.
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-24-2009 at 01:31 PM.

  19. #499
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Not bad for a chemist :banana: Wow, excellent feedback now that's what I call a review.

    Out of curiosity have you kept notes on all of the OS's and hybrids you have tried out. If so, I'm curious to know what you think the best OS/hybrid is. I know some of the parameters are not quantitative but interested in your subjective thoughts.
    LOL - I extracted myself from the lab decades ago; before sitting at the bench had a chance to fry my brain!

  20. #500
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Thanks for the feedback. .132 was real good for me and so was .148 until you know what. But it defies all logic that no two storms are alike. While I am not an iPhone fan, kudos to Apple for at least getting a device that operates simiilarly across a broad spectrum of users.


    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Jlevy,
    Generally, .132 and .148 have, to date, demonstrated the best overall stability on my device...both being virtually free of error. I think .148 is a bit better but that's purely subjective. It "appears" to be slightly better in memory management and a little easier on the battery but both were quite acceptable, fast, solid. The numbers on each are too close to say there's a real difference but .148 'trends' slightly better.
    I wish these findings were true for all users...the fact that it appears not to be so, just defies all logic!
    In all candor, I wouldn't be surprised if .148 ultimately becomes official (or something close to it - but then again, we're talking about VZW here, so I wouldn't bet my money on it).
    As for the hybrids...I haven't found a need to go into too many of the Crackman versions for any extended time. For the most part, once .132 leaked, that's what I've been using on a day to day basis. Lyricidals 5.0 hybrids originally proved quite good (before 5.0.0.93) but I ran into a few glitches once those 5.0.0.93 files started being included. The original 5.0 files seemed a little less troublesome. However, I haven't tried any of the latest one's he's offered up which use OS .148.
    If all continues on track, .148 (straight/shrunk) will become my everyday OS.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •