Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 457 to 464 of 568

  1. #457
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by djliggett1 View Post
    do i have to do this or can i upgrade from a different os?? and where exactly is the jl?? and how do u back up your 3rd party apps i thought i did but dont see them ne where on my back ups
    You do not have to wipe your phone if you don't want it is a preference thing. Here is a link to wiping your phone with JL

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...commander.html

    And here is a link on how to back up your 3rd party apps

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...arty-apps.html

    Anymore questions just ask



  2. #458
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    Tenney nailed it. You don't have to wipe every time. So people do, and some dont. This last one, was the first time I have in the many upgrades I've done. Sometimes the OS "settles in" better on a clean wiped phone is all.

  3. #459
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post
    Tenney nailed it. You don't have to wipe every time. So people do, and some dont. This last one, was the first time I have in the many upgrades I've done. Sometimes the OS "settles in" better on a clean wiped phone is all.
    That is funny Mule I just wiped the phone for the first time in ages to install V5.1 LMAO great minds think alike
    Last edited by Bryan; 05-16-2009 at 07:17 PM.



  4. #460
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    That is funny Mule I just wiped the phone for the first time in ages to install V5.1 LMAO great minds think alike
    lol, Steifler scared me into doing it. Something about 5.1 loading right, lol.

  5. #461
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago 'Burbs †
    PIN
    ch me
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v2.3
    Posts
    322
    Hi-
    I installed 5.1 over .132 a few days ago, but when I go to Options>About it says .141. Is this correct?



  6. #462
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by d_1000 View Post
    Hi-
    I installed 5.1 over .132 a few days ago, but when I go to Options>About it says .141. Is this correct?
    Yes it should say .141/.162 if you used .132 as the base OS

  7. #463
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post
    lol, Steifler scared me into doing it. Something about 5.1 loading right, lol.
    Stiefler is a bully just :buttkick:

  8. #464
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago 'Burbs †
    PIN
    ch me
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v2.3
    Posts
    322
    Thank you bmtenney for your response!

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •