Leaked: OS 220.127.116.111 for the BlackBerry Storm 9530
The boys over at driphter have supplied the Storm 9530 users with a nice leak. OS 18.104.22.1681 has been released and from what I have heard it’s a good one. Being a Storm 9550 owner, I love seeing these new builds come out for our touchscreens. Granted everyone is ranting and raving about not getting OS 6, but my response to that is simple “It is what it is.” Like my teammate amcatania said in one forum response “That’s Technology” and I couldn’t agree more. Remember to backup and perform a full wipe using a program like BBSAK. As always use caution when installing this leak just like any other leak.
Warning: Please remember that this IS NOT an official release OS. If you wish to install this OS keep in mind that this may cause your phone to not function correctly. BlackberryOS and any other BlackberryOS Official sites are not responsible. If you are not comfortable and/or unsure as how to upgrade to this OS, please click the link below.
Last edited by Hodges; 11-01-2010 at 06:20 PM.
I see from the filename, it is a Chinese version?
Will this affect those of us who are not on Asian based OS already?
I've had no problem installing past chinese based os's so I would say your good.
Posted via mobile device
I had no problem Installing English Language terms included in The OS, i deleted the Vender.xml file. The Little Thin Loading Bar Is Back, as it was on a old previous Leak
Posted via mobile device
Loaded up last night. Easy install, Seems very stable. Shrunk with SAOS, I run alot of apps. Sometimes booting up with only 10 megs. This is consistantly booting with 15 megs. Volume is louder, my normal sound settings are usually on 8, have lowered all to 6. Haven't tried bluetooth yet, will try tonight on ride home.
Very good build so far
audio very loud for ringtones and notifications. Will need to lower all settings.
Curiosity got the better of me so instead of waiting for the hybrid with this as a base, I installed it. Here's what I found....
- Volume has definitely improved
- Camera and Video Camera are working fine, all functions for both showing on screen
- Haven't seen an improvement in memory as others have. I'm sure the hybrid will address that
- Have noticed a significant improvement from going to one app to another...much faster
- Graphics are still sharp and much improved over last leaked OS
- Browser seems to be alot faster as well. Pictures load faster as well as text.
- Last OS had a lag when moving folders or hiding them, this lag is now gone
- Memory is fantastic for stability. I've lost 1 mb since last night
- Battery doesn't seem to be as stable. Still good inso far as holding a charge, but seems to be draining slightly faster compared to last OS. Might just be me playing with it. Time will tell
- Switching to phone is much faster than before. Keypad is much more responsive with this OS
- Back to a 4 minute boot time, not liking that. Again, next hybrid with this as a base should address that.
All in all, this is an exceptional OS. There are a few bugs, but nothing different that we're use to with other leaked / official OS's. As usual, the hybrids will fix these bugs, I'm sure.
I'm happy with it!
Tags for this Thread