Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 28

  1. #1
    beachbunnimom's Avatar
    beachbunnimom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    PIN
    wheel
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    who can keep up...
    Posts
    105

    Doing a wipe- need advice on new OS

    Hey guys-
    I last installed v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162. I think that was the v4 hybrid. I'm not sure if my OS was wrong when I installed it, but I've not been happy with how it's been running. I had v3 hybrid before that and liked that one. My problem now is that when I hit a button it doesn't switch screens easily, the accelerometer doesn't work well, etc.
    I've decided to do a wipe and start over. What do you recommend I install? I'd like to know what the moderators are running currently. I also plan to upgrade to v5, so Crackman, I'd be willing to try your version a day or so early. ;0)
    Thanks!!!:feedback:



  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbunnimom View Post
    Hey guys-
    I last installed v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162. I think that was the v4 hybrid. I'm not sure if my OS was wrong when I installed it, but I've not been happy with how it's been running. I had v3 hybrid before that and liked that one. My problem now is that when I hit a button it doesn't switch screens easily, the accelerometer doesn't work well, etc.
    I've decided to do a wipe and start over. What do you recommend I install? I'd like to know what the moderators are running currently. I also plan to upgrade to v5, so Crackman, I'd be willing to try your version a day or so early. ;0)
    Thanks!!!:feedback:
    did you download and install the v4 hyrbid over .132 or did you just use the full .132? I have v4 right now and its extremely smooth runngin on the phone

  3. #3
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    I am on Lyricidals 5.0/.141 hybrid and love it although I used the .109 radio in mine. V5 seems to have promise if it comes out



  4. #4
    beachbunnimom's Avatar
    beachbunnimom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    PIN
    wheel
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    who can keep up...
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    did you download and install the v4 hyrbid over .132 or did you just use the full .132? I have v4 right now and its extremely smooth runngin on the phone
    I can't remember for certain, but I think I installed over .114. Can I just do the wipe and install v4? Or do I need to wipe, install .132 and then v4?

  5. #5
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbunnimom View Post
    I can't remember for certain, but I think I installed over .114. Can I just do the wipe and install v4? Or do I need to wipe, install .132 and then v4?
    install .132 on your computer not your phone then run the v4 installer and browse to the folder of your os, just 4.7.0.132 dont select java or cdma just the os main folder install it then runn the apploader and install on your phone here is the thread for detailed instructions

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/c...ed-public.html


    i think you will like this if done right



  6. #6
    beachbunnimom's Avatar
    beachbunnimom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    PIN
    wheel
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    who can keep up...
    Posts
    105
    Thanks Bmtenny for the suggestion. I'm most comfortable installing the BBCM hybrids.

    I'm downloading .132 now. Let's hope it goes well. Does anyone know of an active link that tells me how to back up my 3rd party apps?

  7. #7
    beachbunnimom's Avatar
    beachbunnimom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    PIN
    wheel
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    who can keep up...
    Posts
    105
    just found the 3rd party app instructions....

  8. #8
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    what carrier do you have ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •