4.7.0.114 Hybrid Findings VERSION 1 Only
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63

Thread: 4.7.0.114 Hybrid Findings VERSION 1 Only

  1. #1
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times

    4.7.0.114 Hybrid Findings VERSION 1 Only

    Please post your findings with the 4.7.0.114 Hybrid.

    Known issue that some of you may have experienced
    Key pad (fixed) see 4.7.0.114 Hybrid OP
    This seems to occur in some devices

    By sharing your findings it will allow me to make continuous improvements and updates.
    Last edited by Neolantis; 03-27-2009 at 03:21 PM.




  2. #2
    daddeeo's Avatar
    daddeeo is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    OOAKPC .148/.151/5.0 V5.9
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    This is working SO much faster and smoother than the .114 leaked beta. The accelerometer is back to its prior speedy self. Typing is quick and accurate. All programs are running correctly (haven't tried the camera yet). Keypad in phone is working normally. This build, so far, seems to be the best yet (to me, at least - and I've used each leaked beta).

    I am, however, getting a lot of the revolving clock which is creating lag. I may just need to do a batt pull as I haven't since the upgrade.

    Will let you know.

  3. #3
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    This is working SO much faster and smoother than the .114 leaked beta. The accelerometer is back to its prior speedy self. Typing is quick and accurate. All programs are running correctly (haven't tried the camera yet). Keypad in phone is working normally. This build, so far, seems to be the best yet (to me, at least - and I've used each leaked beta).

    I am, however, getting a lot of the revolving clock which is creating lag. I may just need to do a batt pull as I haven't since the upgrade.

    Will let you know.
    A batt pull should solve your spinning clock issue. Glad you like the Hybrid!

  4. #4
    trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for starting this thread bbcrackman, i was about to myself but hadnt finished installing. So far ive found that the accelerometer was about the same as 109, i did wipe this time but never had before. hoping to find that it makes a big difference in the long haul, otherwise i wouldnt say it worth it. anyways everything is looking great so far, the camera especially is awesome. almost no camera lag at all!!! which makes me really happy... if only i could get the big fonts with this build without having to use the radio file. will edit with more findings soon

  5. #5
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Liked
    7 times
    Im picky when it comes to OS and hybrids but this hybrid is def the best hybrid I have ran on my phone. Good job crackman!

  6. #6
    Fetal is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    STORM (9530)
    OS
    4.7.0.103/.90 radio
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    I went from .103/.90 radio. steady EDGE went to Hybrid 114 and now can't keep my uppercase EDGE any suggestions, is there a quick way to reload .90 radio?

  7. #7
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetal View Post
    I went from .103/.90 radio. steady EDGE went to Hybrid 114 and now can't keep my uppercase EDGE any suggestions, is there a quick way to reload .90 radio?
    Did you get it fixed Fetal?

  8. #8
    terrycctt is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    132 strait
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    0 times
    My hybrid is pretty good. I did mine and my wife's both work great but mine has just stopped displaying caller I'd it just says incoming call. Yet my wife's works fine. Just goes to show every phone reacts different even with the same update

  9. #9
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycctt View Post
    My hybrid is pretty good. I did mine and my wife's both work great but mine has just stopped displaying caller I'd it just says incoming call. Yet my wife's works fine. Just goes to show every phone reacts different even with the same update
    Have you done a batt pull. This will refresh your device. Leave batt out for thirty seconds then reinstall

  10. #10
    terrycctt is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    132 strait
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    0 times
    Yea after I did my update and restore last night but not today. I can't seem to go 20 min without my phone at work. Ill try it on my way home later

  11. #11
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycctt View Post
    Yea after I did my update and restore last night but not today. I can't seem to go 20 min without my phone at work. Ill try it on my way home later
    I know the feeling. Have you tried soft reset?

  12. #12
    terrycctt is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    132 strait
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    0 times
    I just did it but I haven't got a call yet. Ill post back when I do.

  13. #13
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycctt View Post
    I just did it but I haven't got a call yet. Ill post back when I do.
    Keep us posted

  14. #14
    terrycctt is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    132 strait
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    0 times
    I think I'm gonna download dm 4.6 and redo the 114 hybrid. I pulled the battery and it fixed it for a few min but its doing it again. Maybe it has something with dm 4.7

  15. #15
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycctt View Post
    I think I'm gonna download dm 4.6 and redo the 114 hybrid. I pulled the battery and it fixed it for a few min but its doing it again. Maybe it has something with dm 4.7
    go for it, I will be here if you need anything!

  16. #16
    hllywd's Avatar
    hllywd is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WI
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    0 times
    I finally took the leap and went for the hybrid. LOVE it.
    Except I lost bbmaps, password keeper, memopad and brickbreaker. I was able to redownload vznavigator.
    Of the four Id really like to have password keeper and memmo pad back. Although brickbreaker wastes time for me.
    Any thoughts? If I do another restore will I have to redo all my stats/config again?

    Thanks

  17. #17
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Liked
    7 times
    You cant reinstall them through your DM?

  18. #18
    hllywd's Avatar
    hllywd is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WI
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    0 times
    Nope. They don't show up. Even if I try thru the browse button.
    The funny thing is they were there when I did the backup.
    I think I might have to do a reinstall or just wait for thE next
    Hybrid.

  19. #19
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hllywd View Post
    Nope. They don't show up. Even if I try thru the browse button.
    The funny thing is they were there when I did the backup.
    I think I might have to do a reinstall or just wait for thE next
    Hybrid.
    hllywd,
    Those would have to been installed when you loaded the OS, the only way I know of to get them back is re-run the Loader program and check them off to install. However, this will update your core apps, meaning the hybrid items will be updated to the current os . My reccommendation is (if you have to have them now) is to wipe your device with JLcmndr and re-install the Hybrid.
    If you choose to do this, dont forget to back up your device, you will also want to back up any 3rd party apps you many have.

  20. #20
    hllywd's Avatar
    hllywd is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WI
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    0 times
    I wonder if I did the install correct. Was I suppose to install the regular 114 on my device first then the hybrid? Maybe I misread the instructions. I installed the regular 114 on my pc then added the hybrid then installed it on my device.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •