Well after install the new Beta 18.104.22.168 I found some issues that I did not like and with input of the our members at the .114 findings thread I have created the .114 Hybrid.
This Hybrid corrects the following issues and as more people post their findings I will make changes.
Accelerometer now has almost no lag
Keyboard issue has been corrected
Stable as .109
copy and paste functional (same as beta .114)
Phone dial pad fixed
No reboots ( I experienced this 3 times with the beta .114, previously had never happened)
Mem leak minimal
Additional instructions, once installed go back into C:>program files> common Files> research in motion> shared> loader files> right click on the 22.214.171.124 file and paste it someplace you choose. Then go to Start> control panel> add/remove programs> and uninstall the device software. The reason for this is the DM will want to update your applications and this will prevent that. And since you saved the hybrid to (your choice of location) you will have it should you need to reload.
If you have any questions or need help, please post in the thread.
The updated Hybrid addresses issues that some of you may have with the keypad.
This installs the same way, just follow the instructions in the readme file. For advanced users I also included the .cod files
How to fix keypad issue
Thanks to Shanepark for the link to the keypad fix
1. Back up OS and 3rd party apps
2. Download the Zip file, extract and save to desktop
3. Download OS .114 exe (this is the BB software)
4. Install OS .114 exe
5. Copy extracted folder from desktop and overwrite the folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v126.96.36.199_P188.8.131.52
6. When prompted, say yes to replacing files
7. Plug in your BlackBerry to your Computer
8. Delete the vendor file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
9. Run Loader.exe from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
10. When prompted make sure to select " Replace the device's applications with the older version provided by the blackberry Desktop Software" and click next
thanks to puppt3 for simplifing
Now you can watch it being done VIDEO 184.108.40.206 Hybrid How to Thank you BlackBerryOS for putting this together!
I could tell by your posts in the findings, that this was comming. LOL.
Ahhh mannn, ya got me....LOL
Originally Posted by Shanepark2
Please post ASAP!!!.... 114 is killing me, the memory leaks are horrible.
that hybrid sounds awesome!! cant wait to er...steal it!
Welcome to BlackBerryOS mcfly27! Look for the link tonight.
Originally Posted by mcfly27
you bet your little blackberry loving trousers I will!
PS - assuming this will be a beauty of a new OS exe file...will it recognise it as a "new" os or will it think Im doing a downgrade or - something else that my inexperienced os "fiddling" mind wont know about?
It will take a little fiddling, but there will be a step by step readme file
Originally Posted by mcfly27