Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 473 to 480 of 674

  1. #473
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    yea. It won't hurt anything.



  2. #474
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Device
    droid
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Pete, is the tone your trying to use custom? Possibly give this a try;
    1. plug your phone into your pc.
    2. from your pc, navigate to c/blackberry/home/user/ringtones.
    3. locate and delete BBThumbs.dat.
    4. unplug and reboot your phone.

    BBThumbs.dat is kinda like a memory file of whats in that specific folder. Once deleted, it updates and reappears. Sometimes these .dat files get corrupted when loading new OS's. It's worth a shot.
    Please help further if you can - I'm not too computer savvy. There's no blackberry folder under the C: drive, even with mass storage mode enabled. I can navigate to the blackberry from my computer, but once I go through the listed folders the only ringtones that show up are the ones that I've loaded to the device memory myself. Thanks.

  3. #475
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol_pete View Post
    Please help further if you can - I'm not too computer savvy. There's no blackberry folder under the C: drive, even with mass storage mode enabled. I can navigate to the blackberry from my computer, but once I go through the listed folders the only ringtones that show up are the ones that I've loaded to the device memory myself. Thanks.
    c/blackberry/home/user/ringtones
    blackberry is just what I wrote to mean your blackberry. It should be a letter (mines J) If there was a BBThumbs.dat in the ringtones folder, right-click on it and delete it.



  4. #476
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7....167
    Posts
    22
    Vista 64 bit owners have to go through the X86 folder.
    I'm sorry, but wth does this mean exactly? I have 64bit, and I've found my Program Files (x86) folder, but how do I "go through it"?

    Thanks.

  5. #477
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Device
    droid
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    c/blackberry/home/user/ringtones
    blackberry is just what I wrote to mean your blackberry. It should be a letter (mines J) If there was a BBThumbs.dat in the ringtones folder, right-click on it and delete it.
    K - well in that case there was nothing in there. Guess I'll just have to deal with it.



  6. #478
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by anymanusa View Post
    I'm sorry, but wth does this mean exactly? I have 64bit, and I've found my Program Files (x86) folder, but how do I "go through it"?

    Thanks.
    I believe it is C/program files/x86/research in motion/shared/ loader files

  7. #479
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7....167
    Posts
    22
    ^ thanks for the quick reply, I will try that now.

  8. #480
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm, Curve 8330
    Posts
    2
    well apparently i didnt follow directions very well. i was trying to get the hybrid .114 and ended up with .109..

    now when i go to try to connect my phone to the computer it recognizes it for syncing but does not recognize it in bbm

    any suggestions

    thanks

Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •