03-14-2009, 06:41 AM
I folowed the instructions, I went into the hybrid folder and copied the entire java folder and the pasted it in the downloaded .114 link that was provided. I said yes to overwrite but when I checked my platform it still shows 143. What am I doing wrong?
03-14-2009, 09:57 AM
one of our other members, puppt3, simplified the directions for this install. I appreciate his efforts. Here is what he wrote. make sure you follow these and if you have questions post and I will help with the install.
Originally Posted by jb20
1. Back up OS and 3rd party apps
2. Download the Zip file, extract and save to desktop
3. Download OS .114 exe (this is the BB software)
4. Install OS .114 exe
5. Copy extracted folder from desktop and overwrite the folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v220.127.116.11_P18.104.22.168, pastes in an area not on the OS
6. When prompted, say yes to replacing files
7. Plug in your BlackBerry to your Computer
8. Delete the vendor file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
9. Run Loader.exe from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
10. When prompted make sure to select " Replace the device's applications with the older version provided by the blackberry Desktop Software" and click next
03-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the response. I have it showing now platform .136. What I did before seeing your post was I deleated the original .143 version first then I copied and paste in the Loader file the hybrid which you supplied After that I ran the app loader. It seemed to take. Now I'm showing 22.214.171.124 (Platform 126.96.36.199). This is correct yes?
03-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by jb20
03-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks for your help. So far this version is running smooth. Liking it a lot!
03-14-2009, 12:57 PM
after installing os .114 exe, i don't have a shared folder available to drop the extracted zip file into
where did i go wrong?
note: i am running 32-bit vista and DM 4.6
thanks so much for all your hard work on this!!!!
03-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the thorough and detailed instructions. It worked like a charm. Unfortunately, as is every other OS I have updated with, whether released, beta or hybrid, I still have an EDGE/edge problem. It usually corrects itself, but it is just a pain. I have done all the possible fixes people try, but the best fix for me is time...just let it sit and eventually it seems to "heal" itself, until I do an application change or battery pull. Strange happenings, but that's what I get for running a Verizon Storm on the AT&T network. Curses!!
03-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Bbcrackman, thanks for all your guidance here. I've been reading this forum for a few days and upgraded to .114H an hour ago (from stock .75). Everything went smoothly and Options - About shows v188.8.131.52 (Platform 184.108.40.206). Thanks to the fantastic directions!
However, I'm having a problem with Enterprise Activation with my company's BES server. I keep getting a message saying:
" An error has occurred. Please contact your System Administrator."
Has anyone else experienced similar problems with Activation? If so, any ideas what can be done to fix it?
Tags for this Thread