Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 36

  1. #1
    adellicson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21

    Need Help and Advice Installing Hybrid version 4

    OK, I currently have the v4.7.114(Platform 4.0.0.136) OS on my storm which I believe is the 114 hybrid v1. I was pretty happy with it at first but now it really is just not working well. It drops calls all the time, at least 25% of my calls a day maybe more, with missed texts, lock ups, and a really slow keyboard sometimes as well. Sometimes I dial a number and the ring just sounds like it is going in and out of service when I have plenty of bars and know that I am in a good service area. I battery pull every 2-3 days now, sometimes every day, just to get some functionality back. The only good thing is my battery does hold up.

    I would like to install the 114 hybrid all over again with the v4 update or a better suggested version. I want to completely wipe my phone and remove all files from my computer pertaining to any past OS and the current 114 I have. I am currently running DM 4.6, but not sure if I should just remove that and re-install as well or replace it with a different version. Basically I want to start over fresh with this phone regarding OS in hopes of a resulting phone and OS that actually works the way it is supposed to. I really am disappointed with my storm. I find it amazing that BB and Rim even came out with this thing and am really grateful for all the individuals that worked on improving or developing hybrid OS. With out those I definitely would have gotten rid of this thing a long time ago.

    Please could someone help me and write up a procedure that I can follow to help accomplish what I am trying to do. I have installed preceeding OS's, but in the end really didn't understand what the heck I was doing and did have a few failures until I got them installed and then didn't even know what I did different. Please Help Thanks
    Last edited by adellicson; 04-28-2009 at 12:10 PM.



  2. #2
    jmiller98's Avatar
    jmiller98 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    9550/9530/9630/8330
    OS
    All running 5.0.0.XX
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by adellicson View Post
    OK, I currently have the v4.7.114(Platform 4.0.0.136) OS on my storm which I believe is the 114 hybrid v1. I was pretty happy with it at first but now it really is just not working well. It drops calls all the time, at least 25% of my calls a day maybe more, with missed texts, lock ups, and a really slow keyboard sometimes as well. Sometimes I dial a number and the ring just sounds like it is going in and out of service when I have plenty of bars and know that I am in a good service area. I battery pull every 2-3 days now, sometimes every day, just to get some functionality back. The only good thing is my battery does hold up.

    I would like to install the 114 hybrid all over again with the v4 update or a better suggested version. I want to completely wipe my phone and remove all files from my computer pertaining to any past OS and the current 114 I have. I am currently running DM 4.6, but not sure if I should just remove that and re-install as well or replace it with a different version. Basically I want to start over fresh with this phone regarding OS in hopes of a resulting phone and OS that actually works the way it is supposed to. I really am disappointed with my storm. I find it amazing that BB and Rim even came out with this thing and am really grateful for all the individuals that worked on improving or developing hybrid OS. With out those I definitely would have gotten rid of this thing a long time ago.

    Please could someone help me and write up a procedure that I can follow to help accomplish what I am trying to do. I have installed preceeding OS's, but in the end really didn't understand what the heck I was doing and did have a few failures until I got them installed and then didn't even know what I did different. Please Help Thanks
    Remove dm4.6, reboot your computer, then goto blackberry site, down lown 4.7 DM.

  3. #3
    jmiller98's Avatar
    jmiller98 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    9550/9530/9630/8330
    OS
    All running 5.0.0.XX
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiller98 View Post
    Remove dm4.6, reboot your computer, then goto blackberry site, down lown 4.7 DM.
    Once you installed DM 4.7 go to

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...-software.html

    and download and install 9530 OSv4.7.0.132 - 4.7.0.132.

    After you install the above go to...

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/c...ed-public.html

    and install Hybrid v4 using the directions.

    A suggestion...reboot your computer after the computer install.



  4. #4
    adellicson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Thanks for the reply. I was told that when I installed the 114 hybrid that I should remove 4.7 and use 4.6. I was told there was issues with 4.7.

  5. #5
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    You might consider even just installing the .132 leak (non-hybrid) and seeing how if works for you. I ran it for 5 days with absolutely no issues and extremely good functionality in all regards. However, not everyone had the same result. You can always try the hyrid after that if you're not happy.
    Just a suggestion.



  6. #6
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by adellicson View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I was told that when I installed the 114 hybrid that I should remove 4.7 and use 4.6. I was told there was issues with 4.7.
    Only use 4.6 if you are having problems with 4.7. Some people have had issues with 4.7 but the majority have not. So unless you do stick with 4.7 IMO

    Make sure you do a couple of battery pulls and dial *228 option 1, then *228 option 2 to program and update roaming capabilities.
    Last edited by jlevy73; 04-28-2009 at 01:00 PM.

  7. #7
    adellicson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    What about wiping my phone? I know that many have said that when you download and install a new OS that the phone wipes automatically, but many also perform a direct wipe before they install a new OS. I am wondering if since I haven't done that, that maybe that is why I am having issues with my current OS.

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by adellicson View Post
    What about wiping my phone? I know that many have said that when you download and install a new OS that the phone wipes automatically, but many also perform a direct wipe before they install a new OS. I am wondering if since I haven't done that, that maybe that is why I am having issues with my current OS.
    As a rule of thumb I always wipe before installing a new OS. Is it mandatory to, absolutely not, it's really just a matter of preference. However doing a wipe via JL Commander is more effecient than the automatic wipe that takes place during installation. Since you are having issues I would suggest doing a wipe then reinstalling.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •