Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 21

  1. #1
    bdube's Avatar
    bdube is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow bdube On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lubbock, TX aka Texa
    PIN
    all u gott
    Device
    VZW Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes too often to
    Posts
    518

    RIM has stopped development for 4.7 and moved on with 5.0

    from Radioguinea (who im my opinion as well as everyone at crackberry is a very reliable source):

    "Internal Update: Development of OS 4.7 has stopped...
    Development of OS 4.7 has now stopped, to focus on OS 5 for all devices. The Storm OS 5 development is now running well, and is just about up to 5.0.0.12X internally..."
    __________________



  2. #2
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by bdube View Post
    from Radioguinea (who im my opinion as well as everyone at crackberry is a very reliable source):

    "Internal Update: Development of OS 4.7 has stopped...
    Development of OS 4.7 has now stopped, to focus on OS 5 for all devices. The Storm OS 5 development is now running well, and is just about up to 5.0.0.12X internally..."
    __________________
    PSH i been running 5.0.0.112 for weeks! HAHA JK!!:biglaugh:

  3. #3
    skeletallightning's Avatar
    skeletallightning is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.591
    Posts
    130
    sounds awesome. how exactly do the build numbers work? for example, what is the difference between 4.7.0.xxx and 5.0.0.xxx? i assume it means some major change rather than small tweaks, but i'm not too clear on it.



  4. #4
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletallightning View Post
    sounds awesome. how exactly do the build numbers work? for example, what is the difference between 4.7.0.xxx and 5.0.0.xxx? i assume it means some major change rather than small tweaks, but i'm not too clear on it.
    Basically the 5.0.0.xxx is a completely new gui

  5. #5
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Basically the 5.0.0.xxx is a completely new gui
    Also wouldnt it have a lot better BES for corporate users? Thats a main part of the OS isnt it?



  6. #6
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Not to say the source is a liar but this is another one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" type of deals

  7. #7
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Also wouldnt it have a lot better BES for corporate users? Thats a main part of the OS isnt it?
    Not necessarily the software update will provide upgrades to the phone experience and provide additional features. However, BES and BIS users really only benefit when RIM rolls out a new version of those such as BIS 2.6. So really the upgrade is phone specific.

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Not to say the source is a liar but this is another one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" type of deals
    The source is definitely reliable however when the end user will see 5.X is whole other story.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •