Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 35

  1. #9
    bsewall is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    1. In the device options, click Owner.
    2. Type your contact information.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    4. Click Save.
    Yeah, I've got all that done. But when I lock the phone, the screen immediate dims to black. But when I try to wake it up, it just shows whatever screen I was on previously, with a banner saying the screen is locked. Not the "normal" Blackberry lock screen with my Owner info.

    I've been using "ScreenLock" a small, free utility, but removed it to see if that was the issue, but it's not.




  2. #10
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by bsewall View Post
    Yeah, I've got all that done. But when I lock the phone, the screen immediate dims to black. But when I try to wake it up, it just shows whatever screen I was on previously, with a banner saying the screen is locked. Not the "normal" Blackberry lock screen with my Owner info.

    I've been using "ScreenLock" a small, free utility, but removed it to see if that was the issue, but it's not.
    Have you done a battery pull since you removed the app? Other than that I would check application permissions.

    I don't have this loaded and have never had this issue before so if that doesn't fix it I'll have to ask someone else.

  3. #11
    bsewall is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    Have you done a battery pull since you removed the app? Other than that I would check application permissions.

    I don't have this loaded and have never had this issue before so if that doesn't fix it I'll have to ask someone else.
    Yeah, I've done a battery pull after removing the app. I also changed themes back to the standard Zen and did a battery pull. That didn't seem to help either.

    This only started happening since with the recent .480+ hybrids. In previous Hybrids like .451 I didn't experience this issue.

    Perhaps it's the default permissions? Or a new setting somewhere?

  4. #12
    lyricidal is offline Hybrid Specialist Follow lyricidal On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    PIN
    #PinFriday
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    .1049 hybrid v2
    Posts
    402
    For the lock issue, it's the new way RIM is doing it as with the .46x+ builds/hybrids (the ones with full Javas) the Lock icon/screen is gone

  5. #13
    bsewall is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by lyricidal View Post
    For the lock issue, it's the new way RIM is doing it as with the .46x+ builds/hybrids (the ones with full Javas) the Lock icon/screen is gone
    Thanks for the heads-up! That's a bummer though. That was my backup plan incase I loose my phone - hoping somebody would see the info on the lock screen and contact me.

  6. #14
    bsewall is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22

    Lyricidal - Thanks for the different versions!

    Version B is right up my Ally. Love the 3G icon, as well as the old lock screen.

    Thank you!!!

  7. #15
    tamara's Avatar
    tamara is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manitoba
    PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .591
    Posts
    92
    How do i know if .419 is installed on my pc? Stupid question???

  8. #16
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by tamara View Post
    How do i know if .419 is installed on my pc? Stupid question???
    On Pc got to Start> control panel > add remove programs > in the program list near the desktop manager choice it should be listed there if it is installed to PC.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •