Loader.exe OS update help/questions
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Loader.exe OS update help/questions

  1. #1
    ama21683 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    305C5C1E
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.75
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    1 times

    Loader.exe OS update help/questions

    I was hoping someone might be able to let me know what exactly I'm doing wrong. I am currently running lyricidal's .122/5.0.0.90 hybrid, it was my first upgrade from .75. It has been running ok, minus the battery life which is terrible.

    Last night I downloaded .132, and saved it to the computer. I tried to install it by using the Loader.exe, but everytime I go to the load page, it tells "me that no updates are needed" or something to that matter.

    I then went to c:/program files/common files/ rim/ shared/, and .l32 was there. I just can't get the loader to install it.

    Also I moved the .122 hybrid from that folder to another folder on my desktop, so that the .132 file is the only one present in that folder.

    Other than that I have not deleted the .122 hybrid from the computer, or anything to that effect.

    What step/'s am I missing???

    I'm sorry if an answer to this is posted elsewhere, but I can't seem to find a specific answer to my problem. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
    vikky likes this.




  2. #2
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ama21683 View Post
    I was hoping someone might be able to let me know what exactly I'm doing wrong. I am currently running lyricidal's .122/5.0.0.90 hybrid, it was my first upgrade from .75. It has been running ok, minus the battery life which is terrible.

    Last night I downloaded .132, and saved it to the computer. I tried to install it by using the Loader.exe, but everytime I go to the load page, it tells "me that no updates are needed" or something to that matter.

    I then went to c:/program files/common files/ rim/ shared/, and .l32 was there. I just can't get the loader to install it.

    Also I moved the .122 hybrid from that folder to another folder on my desktop, so that the .132 file is the only one present in that folder.

    Other than that I have not deleted the .122 hybrid from the computer, or anything to that effect.

    What step/'s am I missing???

    I'm sorry if an answer to this is posted elsewhere, but I can't seem to find a specific answer to my problem. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

    I would recommend uninstalling all Os's. Then install .132. You also need to delete your vendor.xml file, found in C:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader. Then use the loader.exe program to install.

  3. #3
    ama21683 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    305C5C1E
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.75
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you, I'll try that.

  4. #4
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    Liked
    0 times
    From what I understand, it's best to just keep your current OS installed on your computer.

  5. #5
    ama21683 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    305C5C1E
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.75
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    1 times
    Well I deleted the other OS's and the vendor.xml, and ran the app loader. I'm still getting "No Action Required" message. Any other suggestions???

  6. #6
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    188 times
    is that message from the DM?
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  7. #7
    ama21683 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    305C5C1E
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.75
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    is that message from the DM?
    no its from Loader.exe, I haven't used DM for any updates because I heard Loader.exe was quicker and less problematic...

  8. #8
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    188 times
    So you are doing the following?





    Make sure OS is installed to PC

    Close Desktop Manager

    Go to?..C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader?..delete the vendor.xml file

    Dbl Click the Loader application:

    Check what you want to be installed and continue with the instructions.
    Last edited by Neolantis; 04-24-2009 at 04:26 PM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  9. #9
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ama21683 View Post
    no its from Loader.exe, I haven't used DM for any updates because I heard Loader.exe was quicker and less problematic...
    Just to be certain, I'd check on my phone in options>about and make sure you do in fact have.122 installed on it and not .132. Lyricydal updated those files very quickly and depending when you downloaded....well.
    If you see .132 on your device, the apploader won't think you're making any change. Not sure this is helpful, just a thought to rule out one possibility. Hope you get it figured out...

  10. #10
    ama21683 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    305C5C1E
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.75
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    So you are doing the following?





    Make sure OS is installed to PC

    Close Desktop Manager

    Go to?..C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader?..delete the vendor.xml file

    Dbl Click the Loader application:

    Check what you want to be installed and continue with the instructions.
    Yes, but the new OS wasn't on the list of items to be checked. Do I add, via copy and pasting all of the files???

  11. #11
    ama21683 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    305C5C1E
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.75
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Just to be certain, I'd check on my phone in options>about and make sure you do in fact have.122 installed on it and not .132. Lyricydal updated those files very quickly and depending when you downloaded....well.
    If you see .132 on your device, the apploader won't think you're making any change. Not sure this is helpful, just a thought to rule out one possibility. Hope you get it figured out...
    Yes, it is .122 for sure. Thanks, I hope so to!

  12. #12
    Paul.Hansen's Avatar
    Paul.Hansen is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.132
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    0 times
    It really sounds like its a Vendor.xml issue. Make sure the file is deleted, and try doing the upgrade from DM. If you're running a newer version of DM (4.7) you shouldn't have any issues with these upgrades. When I did my upgrade to 132, i was coming from a 131 hybrid (122 radio) and DM handled the upgrade like a champ.

  13. #13
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    So you are doing the following?





    Make sure OS is installed to PC

    Close Desktop Manager

    Go to…..C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader…..delete the vendor.xml file

    Dbl Click the Loader application:

    Check what you want to be installed and continue with the instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ama21683 View Post
    Yes, but the new OS wasn't on the list of items to be checked. Do I add, via copy and pasting all of the files???
    No, all you need to do is make sure that the os is installed and dbl click that loaderapp file in the folder.
    then follow the wizard, you will not see a choice to install the specific os, it's already installed on the pc, so it knows what to do.
    that's why this way is so great...

    just make sure that the one you want to install is the only one on the pc
    Last edited by Neolantis; 04-24-2009 at 08:20 PM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  14. #14
    808Storming's Avatar
    808Storming is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Posts
    125
    Liked
    0 times
    Neo and others know way more than me, but I'm not clear if you did the following:

    1. removed all prior OS's from your computer through the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs.

    2. installed .132 onto your computer

    3. go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the Vendor.xml file

    4. then in that same folder double click the Loader.exe file. Since .132 is the only OS on your computer, there is not OS to choose from and Apploader should just install it.

    While there is no consensus on this, I suggest you back up your phone and 3rd party apps and then wipe the phone with JLCmdr before loading any new OS.

  15. #15
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 808Storming View Post
    Neo and others know way more than me, but I'm not clear if you did the following:

    1. removed all prior OS's from your computer through the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs.

    2. installed .132 onto your computer

    3. go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the Vendor.xml file

    4. then in that same folder double click the Loader.exe file. Since .132 is the only OS on your computer, there is not OS to choose from and Apploader should just install it.

    While there is no consensus on this, I suggest you back up your phone and 3rd party apps and then wipe the phone with JLCmdr before loading any new OS.

    On the money 808Storming! I wipe the device every time a load an OS, and I do that a lot

  16. #16
    ama21683 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    305C5C1E
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.75
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, I just downgraded to .75 from DM and it worked fine. I tried the .132 upgrade from DM, and it gave me the same message.

    The only reason that I didn't wipe the phone was because of a concern with my Garmin Mobile app. I have all of my 3rd party apps backed up, but im not sure what that would do for my GPS registration if I had to reinstall it?

    So now I have to decide on which OS to upgrade to. I was ready for .132, but I've been reading a lot of issues with battery life and other random stuff. So... I will go on from here.

    Thanks to everyone for the info, I do appreciate it!!!

  17. #17
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    you can also wait for BBC's v4!

  18. #18
    ama21683 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    305C5C1E
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.75
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    1 times
    Now running BBC v3.5!

  19. #19
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ama21683 View Post
    Now running BBC v3.5!
    Great job. Good to see you up and running v3.5

  20. #20
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ama21683 View Post
    Now running BBC v3.5!
    excellent :147:
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •