which OS should I run?
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: which OS should I run?

  1. #1
    fire41 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    9530 storm
    OS
    .109
    Posts
    85
    Liked
    0 times

    which OS should I run?

    been out of the loop for a bit. I am running .114 v3 with no problem. Is there a newer version I can go with and if so what the difference.




  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    V3.5 is nice has tons of options for radio less mem leak and just pretty stable and also dont know why but lyricidal made a 1.22/5.0 bold beta hybrid that my phone LOVES!!!!! up to you though remember if you dont like it you can always go back but why not toy for fun

  3. #3
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fire41 View Post
    been out of the loop for a bit. I am running .114 v3 with no problem. Is there a newer version I can go with and if so what the difference.
    3.5 and 3.5.1 is up...and same as usuall, It works different on every phone, you can check out the comments in the findings thread.

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...-v3-5-1-a.html

  4. #4
    travisn000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    --304E1F01--
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.419
    Posts
    52
    Liked
    0 times
    ...I'm wondering the same thing; I went from .75 >> 109 >> 113 >> 5.0

    109 seemed to give me the clock alot.. worked great as long as I used it alot, but anytime it sat I would get the thinking clock from hell!

    113 I only ran for about a day before trying 5.0 hybrid..

    5.0 seems to run pretty well, but I only have 17mb app memory at boot and it dwindles to 0.0 withing a day or two.. still runs good though!? I've also noticed that battery life is not as good.

    I'm considering switching to either 114 or 3.5.1, or back to 113.. any suggestions??

  5. #5
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by travisn000 View Post
    ...I'm wondering the same thing; I went from .75 >> 109 >> 113 >> 5.0

    109 seemed to give me the clock alot.. worked great as long as I used it alot, but anytime it sat I would get the thinking clock from hell!

    113 I only ran for about a day before trying 5.0 hybrid..

    5.0 seems to run pretty well, but I only have 17mb app memory at boot and it dwindles to 0.0 withing a day or two.. still runs good though!? I've also noticed that battery life is not as good.

    I'm considering switching to either 114 or 3.5.1, or back to 113.. any suggestions??

    Who is your carrier, If its Verizon I'd do 3.5, I've been running it since release with no problems.

  6. #6
    travisn000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    --304E1F01--
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.419
    Posts
    52
    Liked
    0 times
    ..Verizon; I was leaning toward 3.5.. I think I'll give it a try later this afternoon. THankks for the quick reply!

  7. #7
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Liked
    7 times
    I would recommend using the 3.5 hybrid. You can run the 5.0 hybrid but you're GOING to run into problems sooner or later with the phone. Its inevitable. You're taking an OS for the Bold and just replacing some COD's from the storm, it may work nice for the time being but something will conflict with the two different OS.

  8. #8
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Who is your carrier, If its Verizon I'd do 3.5, I've been running it since release with no problems.

    see i have vzw and 3.5 really doesnt like my phone....the 5.0 hybrid is great on mine... lil mem leak but im working on it

  9. #9
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    I would recommend using the 3.5 hybrid. You can run the 5.0 hybrid but you're GOING to run into problems sooner or later with the phone. Its inevitable. You're taking an OS for the Bold and just replacing some COD's from the storm, it may work nice for the time being but something will conflict with the two different OS.
    yeah thats probably true.

  10. #10
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    I would recommend using the 3.5 hybrid. You can run the 5.0 hybrid but you're GOING to run into problems sooner or later with the phone. Its inevitable. You're taking an OS for the Bold and just replacing some COD's from the storm, it may work nice for the time being but something will conflict with the two different OS.
    So far so good for me! *knock on wood* But im planning on going to 3.5 tonight

  11. #11
    Striker951's Avatar
    Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    So far so good for me! *knock on wood* But im planning on going to 3.5 tonight
    I have been running 3.5 with the base of .113 for almost a week and have had no problems at all. My memory drops a bit but it always comes back up
    when I close programs. The battery life is the best I've had with all the leaks
    I've ran. This one is a winner. I can't wait for the next one to come out but this one is going to be hard to beat.

  12. #12
    bgunckel's Avatar
    bgunckel is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 Hybrid v6
    Posts
    130
    Liked
    0 times
    I recently took this path: .75 -> .114 hybrid -> .114 hybrid v3.5

    I'm on VZW, and my phone doesn't like this OS. No radio problems, but major problems with free app memory. This is the 2nd time I've loaded this OS and I can't get it to boot up with more than 21 or 22 mb. I had much better luck last time around with .114 hybrid v3.

    Maybe I should try .113 -> v3.5 instead.

    From what I'm reading about .132, it's got a fast radio, but has memory issues also.

  13. #13
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bgunckel View Post
    I recently took this path: .75 -> .114 hybrid -> .114 hybrid v3.5

    I'm on VZW, and my phone doesn't like this OS. No radio problems, but major problems with free app memory. This is the 2nd time I've loaded this OS and I can't get it to boot up with more than 21 or 22 mb. I had much better luck last time around with .114 hybrid v3.

    Maybe I should try .113 -> v3.5 instead.

    From what I'm reading about .132, it's got a fast radio, but has memory issues also.
    I agree, .113 to v3.5 is in my opinion the best route. Give that a try or try loading .132. Remember v4 off BBCs hybrid is going to be released late this weekend.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •