Originally Posted by Prince Jah
The Hybrid installer by lyrical (if thats what you are referring to) is NOT based off of 328. Its based off if 419. It doesnt matter what the folder says, it matters what the .sfi is.
There were some 428's based off of 328, but that the post you referenced mentioned loading 419 then running 428 over. Basically nothing different than running Lyricals installer for 428.
Please keep this discussion thread to the local install of OS 18.104.22.1689 on the 9530 findings and fixes.
Originally Posted by MePascal
Is this release worth replacing BBC's V10 which has been flawless for me? Any gains to be had?:duh:
So far so good...
Just upgraded about 2 hours ago, and so far everything has been good.
- Weather apps are working fine (WeatherBug and AccuWeather).
- Portrait keyboard seems much more accurate.
- Camera seems to recover quicker after taking a picture.
- Correct version of BB Messenger following upgrade. AppLoader still shows removing one version (old version that comes with OS) and keeping another (most recent upgrade).
- Video recording seems more responsive. Playback of new video works fine. Playback of previously recorded videos works fine.
- GoogleMaps works fine. Acquires GPS at least as quick as previous OS.
- GPS appears to really turn off when leaving GPS enabled apps.
- Screen no longer jumps around when switching between theme and desktop icons.
- Boot time seems to be the same to me, still sticks for a while when progress bar is around 75%.
- Pandora had some sort of glitch where the volume suddenly increased, but as soon as I touched the volume button it returned to the previous level (most likely a Pandora issue?).
- So far memory remaining steady (I removed an app during the upgrade, so my memory has increased but not likely because of the new OS).
- No noticeable change in browser speed.
- No noticeable changes in battery life (but still too early to tell).
I've had the new OS for the last 24 hours now.
I have a lot of stuff on my storm and have it set to reboot every night so my memory at 3:00 AM EST was at 33.8 MB and now at 1:03 PM EST, it is down to 30.0 MB. Have to say that it is holding well even for all that I do with my Storm.
All my apps work great, keyboard is awesome with the popup keys, and I really think the browser is faster but it all depends on connectivity ( I work 1/2 mile from a VZW wireless call center and our cell signal here is terrible..:crazy: )
Anyway, I'll keep posting as I find things but so far, this one is a keeper!
QuickPull Pro works fine for me on this new version.
Originally Posted by blueis300
I have it installed, but havent really tested this out...any improvements on the landscape typing on the storm with this upgrade? i seem to have been sticking to portrait mode for a long time because for some reason I have more typos with landscape. it seemed almost too sensitive, any improvements in this area?
To all with unlock storms on Tmo or Att.
Its been 8hr since the update and everything is going strong. No Circuit/Channel issue has not come up yet. Constant EDGE hasn't changed to edge and back. All apps still works. Will come back with an update at 9PM.
Tags for this Thread