Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 48 of 86

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.425/428
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    Nope, cannot confirm either of your findings. I wiped before, too. Installed 402 on the PC, then used the 402/425 to install it over the 402 on the PC (see links in my former post here) and transferred it to the berry with the app loader - SMS/MMS all fine.
    Appreciate your response breiti.

    Funny, but that's exactly what I've done. Well, I guess unless a new build will pop up by Friday (slim...), I'll take the time throughout the weekend to wipe again and reinstall. This time from scratch altogether. PC and BB.
    I will also backup only databases prior to upgrade and will install the applications manually. one by one. Cumbersome, but lets hope it works.



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782

    ouch :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by sgavra View Post
    Appreciate your response breiti.

    Funny, but that's exactly what I've done. Well, I guess unless a new build will pop up by Friday (slim...), I'll take the time throughout the weekend to wipe again and reinstall. This time from scratch altogether. PC and BB.
    I will also backup only databases prior to upgrade and will install the applications manually. one by one. Cumbersome, but lets hope it works.

    ouch , hate, when that seems to be the only solution, I have the feeling, that I spend more time in doing exactly what you're planning than actually using the berry ...on the other hand, I have to try hybrids and OS leaks...so I guess we're true addicts already

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    13
    So any findings about the .cod regarding video codecs?:irked:



  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.425/428
    Posts
    16

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    ouch , hate, when that seems to be the only solution, I have the feeling, that I spend more time in doing exactly what you're planning than actually using the berry ...on the other hand, I have to try hybrids and OS leaks...so I guess we're true addicts already
    OK, Reinstalled OS and apps. Manually:
    1. Backed up databases using DTM.
    2. Reinstalled .425 on PC (used the Full version came out 2 days ago on BBHybrids).
    2. Wiped my 9500 completely with BBSAK.
    3. Loaded OS through loader.
    4. Restored phone book
    5. At that point I tested SMSs and once again came to the same result: No contact name appears in the SMS header, just their phone number.
    6. Got Frustrated, restored other DB + Reinstalled all apps.

    BTW, I reside in Israel. For some reason, since build .230, I get the message: "Smart Dialing is not supported in your country" in phone options when trying setup smart dialing. However, SMSs did show contact name up until .402. And in time, I did install .328, .371, etc. where everything worked well.

    Any insights/ideas????

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    20E9D129
    Device
    Storm 9000
    OS
    My Own Blend of 5.0's
    Posts
    47
    WTF device is this for lol feelin like a too;l for askin but is it 4 the 9530? "he asked with a hopeful grin"



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    20E9D129
    Device
    Storm 9000
    OS
    My Own Blend of 5.0's
    Posts
    47
    Fare facilmente ciò che gli altri trovano difficile è talento; fare ciò che è impossibile al talento è genio
    Sorry, Going off topic for a sec, I love This Passage. Its so brilliant in its truth.

    Anyway, I'm definately needing an os 5.0.0.4xx update fro my 9530!

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782

    not really

    Quote Originally Posted by sgavra View Post
    OK, Reinstalled OS and apps. Manually:
    1. Backed up databases using DTM.
    2. Reinstalled .425 on PC (used the Full version came out 2 days ago on BBHybrids).
    2. Wiped my 9500 completely with BBSAK.
    3. Loaded OS through loader.
    4. Restored phone book
    5. At that point I tested SMSs and once again came to the same result: No contact name appears in the SMS header, just their phone number.
    6. Got Frustrated, restored other DB + Reinstalled all apps.

    BTW, I reside in Israel. For some reason, since build .230, I get the message: "Smart Dialing is not supported in your country" in phone options when trying setup smart dialing. However, SMSs did show contact name up until .402. And in time, I did install .328, .371, etc. where everything worked well.

    Any insights/ideas????

    :no: installing the "true" 425 - which by the way can be found in our download section here as well
    would have been my next try as well. Could it somehow be a carrier issue, that your carrier's service books aren't compatible with the OS? Just guessing.

    I'll try to get some more answers.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Talira View Post
    WTF device is this for lol feelin like a too;l for askin but is it 4 the 9530? "he asked with a hopeful grin"
    Negative, this is for the 9500.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •