Increasing Storm Memory
Hi, hope someone can help.
I am having a serious memory leak and would like some expert information :-)
My memory starts of around 20 mb, and shortly thereafter it drops to around 7 or 8 mb
A few Questions:-
1) How does memory work on the storm 1... ?
2) Is it comparable to RAM memory in a Computer?
3) It seems as if many programs that are installed on the storm, automatically use memory, whether they are running or not.
I see people talking about having 40 or 50 mb free memory.
The most I have ever had free is around 33mb.
4) What or Which programs use up this "RAM" memory?
5) What programs or Files can be removed to recover Memory?
I am interested to know which files I can delete off, and regain memory?
6) When programs are closed, is the memory released?
and can it be recovered without a Battery Pull or Quick Pull.
7) Is physically removing the battery as effective as using Quick Pull?
BlackberryOS 2.5 theme
Documents to Go
Been using the Storm for around a year... tried various Hybrids and themes...
Thanks in advance
I did a bit of research into how the Storm's memory is laid out for a post I made awhile back. If you are interested in learning more, i'd recommend you read my entire thread - it doesn't answer ALL of your questions, but I think after a quick read; you will understand what is happening better.
Originally Posted by brightspark
Unless that theme is 5.0 compatible I would remove it!
you could do a security wipe and wipe user installed applications and then add them on one by one.
UberTwitter is a huge leak....also a battery killer if you don't have it set up smartly.