Page 108 of 113 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 857 to 864 of 902

  1. #857
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    .141/5.0 hybrid
    Posts
    3
    Two issues....1 the lock function doesn't work...should I just do the .141 lock fix? (I clicked the fix lock in shrink-os program)...and the camera issue with no green box and the zoom not showing (it zooms, but the text doesn't show what zoom level)...any help would be appreciated.



  2. #858
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    Two issues....1 the lock function doesn't work...should I just do the .141 lock fix? (I clicked the fix lock in shrink-os program)...and the camera issue with no green box and the zoom not showing (it zooms, but the text doesn't show what zoom level)...any help would be appreciated.
    If you run an shrink a OS, check the fix lock box and it will do it automatically.

  3. #859
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Hmm, odd about the lock.
    If I'm understanding Lyricidal's original post correctly, he already includes the lock fix in his hybrid. I ran this hybrid for a bit and as I recall, the lock was functioning as it did in .132 (not that crazy lock setup from .141).

    I can confirm that the focus/green box doesn't show up on the camera and I'd add that the video camera showed some lag, failure to display the pause/stop button, required multiple clicks to start/stop (on occasion), didn't consistently show the timer when recording, occasional saving file issues, and even locked up my device a couple of times which required a battery pull.



  4. #860
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    PIN
    #PinFriday
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    .1049 hybrid v2
    Posts
    402
    sorry havent been on to post much guys, goin away this weekend so I been packin
    looking into the Camera issue, I believe the svg delayed init .cod is causing this. Gonna try swapping em out and see

    as for the video camera issue, I can confirm the time issue with some sides of lag - as for multiple clicks/lock ups, have not occured for me (yet?), I believe that this may be to do with the .93 plazmic media engine .cod - as when I was on the .90 .cod it seemed to run smoother

  5. #861
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by lyricidal View Post
    sorry havent been on to post much guys, goin away this weekend so I been packin
    looking into the Camera issue, I believe the svg delayed init .cod is causing this. Gonna try swapping em out and see

    as for the video camera issue, I can confirm the time issue with some sides of lag - as for multiple clicks/lock ups, have not occured for me (yet?), I believe that this may be to do with the .93 plazmic media engine .cod - as when I was on the .90 .cod it seemed to run smoother
    Hi Lyricdal,
    Thanks for all this Fantastic Work - it's incredibly great!
    I concur about the video camera....in older versions (before .93 was available) it did run much smoother.
    Hey, no apology at all required here...your efforts are always worth the wait. Enjoy the weekend!
    THANKS AGAIN!!!!!



  6. #862
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    9550
    Posts
    65
    How can I go back to the pre 5/12 hybrid? Before the recent update my phone was getting instant respons to touch/click input but how it's going extremely slow in comparison. The only version I have saved as a separate file is the pre-4/29 hybrid. Updating all but the

    net_rim_bb_options_customwordlistscreen.cod
    net_rim_bb_ribbon_skin_svg_DelayedInitializer.cod

    files of the 5/12 hybrid is not doing the trick.
    Last edited by althethird; 05-14-2009 at 05:25 PM.

  7. #863
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    9550
    Posts
    65
    I'm also noticing that I'm not able to save some emails on the BB... never experienced this before with any BB I've owned. It's odd because I'm able to save the very next emai received, but not the one I want to save.

    Does anyone know why this is happening or any fix/work arounds?

  8. #864
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by althethird View Post
    I'm also noticing that I'm not able to save some emails on the BB... never experienced this before with any BB I've owned. It's odd because I'm able to save the very next emai received, but not the one I want to save.

    Does anyone know why this is happening or any fix/work arounds?
    Althethird,
    Haven't seen that email issue on mine or heard about it so can't help you out. But, I found the straight .132 OS to be a really stable, fast and all around solid OS. Been using it for several days at a time (in between trying hybrids). It actually performs better than the hybrid for me so you might consider giving that a try until Lyric is able to see if some of the 5.0.0.93 files are at fault here.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •