Start w/.113 or .114 when going to V3.0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Start w/.113 or .114 when going to V3.0

  1. #1
    ThumbWrangler is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    Private
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    V4.7.0.122 V3.5
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times

    Start w/.113 or .114 when going to V3.0

    You've seen this before, "Hi, I'm a Newbie...", well, its true for me also. Just found this site a few days ago and took the plunge to upgrade from .75 to .113. Today was the first full day using .113 and mostly enjoyed the system upgrades except for the battery drain. Today was the first day in 3 months that my battery was drained down to the point of having a red battery icon with half a bar left. So, I was thinking about going on to the V3.0. My question is, will I be able to run this over .113 or will I need to install .114 and then V3.0?




  2. #2
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ThumbWrangler View Post
    You've seen this before, "Hi, I'm a Newbie...", well, its true for me also. Just found this site a few days ago and took the plunge to upgrade from .75 to .113. Today was the first full day using .113 and mostly enjoyed the system upgrades except for the battery drain. Today was the first day in 3 months that my battery was drained down to the point of having a red battery icon with half a bar left. So, I was thinking about going on to the V3.0. My question is, will I be able to run this over .113 or will I need to install .114 and then V3.0?
    Welcome to BlackBerryOS ThumbWrangler!!!
    All you have to do is install right into 113, just follow the directions from the OP and you will be just fine. If you have any questions along the way we are here to help!

  3. #3
    ThumbWrangler is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    Private
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    V4.7.0.122 V3.5
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the quick response.

    Where do you suggest that I post a question about using DM 4.6 or higher to sync with my Outlook 2000? (BBTech had me installing 4.2.2 to do this, but in doing the upgrades, had to uninstall 4.2 to install 4.6. It would be great to not have to swap back and forth to sync my data.)

  4. #4
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ThumbWrangler View Post
    Thanks for the quick response.

    Where do you suggest that I post a question about using DM 4.6 or higher to sync with my Outlook 2000? (BBTech had me installing 4.2.2 to do this, but in doing the upgrades, had to uninstall 4.2 to install 4.6. It would be great to not have to swap back and forth to sync my data.)
    You don't have to go back and forth swapping data. 4.6 will recognize Outlook the same way 4.2 did.

  5. #5
    ThumbWrangler is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    Private
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    V4.7.0.122 V3.5
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    When I tried to set up the sync, Outlook 2000 was not a choice. Outlook Express was a choice, but not OL2000. In trying the option Outlook Express, it did not recognize it.

  6. #6
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ThumbWrangler View Post
    When I tried to set up the sync, Outlook 2000 was not a choice. Outlook Express was a choice, but not OL2000. In trying the option Outlook Express, it did not recognize it.
    So you are saying that 4.2 recognized Outlook 2000 but not 4.6?

  7. #7
    ThumbWrangler is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    Private
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    V4.7.0.122 V3.5
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Correct. (4.2.2 actually) The Tech said that because I was using an older version of Outlook, they recommended using 4.2.2 for Outlook2000. It works, just was hoping that I wouldn't have to uninstall 4.6 and reinstall 4.2.2 when I was finished upgrading the OS to get back to sync-ing my data.

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ThumbWrangler View Post
    Correct. (4.2.2 actually) The Tech said that because I was using an older version of Outlook, they recommended using 4.2.2 for Outlook2000. It works, just was hoping that I wouldn't have to uninstall 4.6 and reinstall 4.2.2 when I was finished upgrading the OS to get back to sync-ing my data.
    That sucks but I guess that's the only option

  9. #9
    ThumbWrangler is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    Private
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    V4.7.0.122 V3.5
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, back to the original issue of upgrading to V3.0... Not sure if the upgrade was installed. Checked my "About", still says .113 (without any V3.0 behind it). A couple of things though, I'm running .113 and have .113 installed on my computer. Did I need to delete .113 and install .114 on my computer? All of the instruction talk about copying and pasting over .114. Not having a .114 but a .113 on my computer, I just deleted the .113 folder and pasted the .114 folder and then ran the Loader app. Did not get any options or questions about downgrading as written in the instructions, but the process acted like it was running but took only about 5 seconds to then tell me it was completed. Does this sound right? Or do I need to start over?

  10. #10
    ThumbWrangler is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    Private
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    V4.7.0.122 V3.5
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Cancel the V3.0, went for the whole enchilada and installed V3.5. Used BBCrackman's self installer and everything went smooth. Will have to update my profile to V4.7.0.122 V3.5 now.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •