9500 5.0.0.230 leaked!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: 9500 5.0.0.230 leaked!

  1. #1
    mcfly27 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.484
    Posts
    58
    Liked
    0 times

    9500 5.0.0.230 leaked!





  2. #2
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Liked
    0 times
    Posted int he front page

    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

  3. #3
    mcfly27 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.484
    Posts
    58
    Liked
    0 times
    OK so up and running and no obvious differences to .216 - is that good or bad ?

    Have to see on battery life but memory leak less...35MB free rather than 30MB on .216.

    Upgrade has been smooth no issues.

    oh - lyricidals latest hybrid does contain some more recent files so if you are using the app loader will class this as a downgrade! :-) www.bbhybrids.net if you want to try them
    Last edited by mcfly27; 11-04-2009 at 01:48 PM.

  4. #4
    ganjaweed is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sydney, australia
    Device
    9500
    OS
    5.0.0.484
    Posts
    69
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly27 View Post
    OK so up and running and no obvious differences to .216 - is that good or bad ?

    Have to see on battery life but memory leak less...35MB free rather than 30MB on .216.

    Upgrade has been smooth no issues.

    oh - lyricidals latest hybrid does contain some more recent files so if you are using the app loader will class this as a downgrade! :-) BBHybrids - Blackberry Hybrids if you want to try them
    so lyricidals is actually better than this leak? i have downloaded but now i`m not sure whether to install on my phone because i`m currently using lyricidal`s latest

  5. #5
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ganjaweed View Post
    so lyricidals is actually better than this leak? i have downloaded but now i`m not sure whether to install on my phone because i`m currently using lyricidal`s latest
    It just depends on what files he has in there (sorry I am not familiar with his latest for the 9500). But for example if he has a Bold file from .314 (just one) apploader will ask you to downgrade. Because that one file is higher than the current file you are putting on.

  6. #6
    ganjaweed is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sydney, australia
    Device
    9500
    OS
    5.0.0.484
    Posts
    69
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    It just depends on what files he has in there (sorry I am not familiar with his latest for the 9500). But for example if he has a Bold file from .314 (just one) apploader will ask you to downgrade. Because that one file is higher than the current file you are putting on.
    thanx. i`m going to give a go anyway.if i`m not happy i can still go back to the hybrid.

  7. #7
    ganjaweed is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sydney, australia
    Device
    9500
    OS
    5.0.0.484
    Posts
    69
    Liked
    0 times
    i dont know wit u guyz but this os for me is better than 216.seems to be very stable and smooth.maybe its too early to judge but so far so good.

  8. #8
    RobinM's Avatar
    RobinM is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow RobinM On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9520
    OS
    5.0.0.973
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    1 times
    Here is another link I just upped as folk are saying the original one is down.

    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Last edited by RobinM; 11-04-2009 at 06:55 PM.
    Storm 9520 v5.0.0.973 :hail:http://ewites.com/ubbthreads/images/...efault/nwl.gif
    Ya canny beat a good leak! :fing02:

  9. #9
    ajthescot is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    that would be scotland
    Device
    9500 voda uk
    OS
    5.0.0.238 ly/brid
    Posts
    100
    Liked
    0 times

  10. #10
    ajthescot is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    that would be scotland
    Device
    9500 voda uk
    OS
    5.0.0.238 ly/brid
    Posts
    100
    Liked
    0 times
    bloody typical i put mine in for a repair and this thing leaks.

  11. #11
    Kandriahn is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eternal Summer
    Device
    9520, 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.669, 5.0.0.656
    Posts
    37
    Liked
    0 times
    The only .216 module I could find in Lyricidals .238/323-Hybrid was

    net_rim_bb_setupwizard_images_9500

    Idk whether this is a super impotant module and an upgrade for the hybrid to a .230 base will make any difference. Anyway, I'll download it and at least archive this OS to show my kids in a few years how nuts their father was about leaked OSs.
    Last edited by Kandriahn; 11-04-2009 at 09:24 PM.

  12. #12
    Gsmokha is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Gsmokha On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    20E3EB3D
    Device
    Storm-9500
    OS
    5.0.0.140
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    Oops.. the link is not active its saying "Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available."

    Please check it... I need this update dsprtly.. thnx

  13. #13
    Gsmokha is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Gsmokha On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    20E3EB3D
    Device
    Storm-9500
    OS
    5.0.0.140
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry To bother you guys .. Its working now

    Thankyou!

  14. #14
    ColinAlbright's Avatar
    ColinAlbright is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    U.K.
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.425
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    0 times

    v5 on the 9500 still has probs...

    I've flattened my phone and installed a basic 5.0.0.230 and it seems to have the same probs as the other release, .216..

    If you put your phone in the holster for 10 - 15mins it seems to lock up..., no screen no keypad, nothing...

    I've got no other themes or apps installed..., out of the box install on a blank phone...

    Only option is to do a "pull" to get it working... :aargh4::aargh4:

    Think we are back to 4.7.0.181 again...

    mfg:

  15. #15
    Baz00mas is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    4.7.0.181
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm finding problems with this OS when using Quickpull... it just comes up with an error. Also some problems with screen. Think I will go back to .181. I like the new scrolling and the word selection when typing messages though.

    What's new over .181 apart from these?

  16. #16
    ajthescot is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    that would be scotland
    Device
    9500 voda uk
    OS
    5.0.0.238 ly/brid
    Posts
    100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinAlbright View Post
    I've flattened my phone and installed a basic 5.0.0.230 and it seems to have the same probs as the other release, .216..

    If you put your phone in the holster for 10 - 15mins it seems to lock up..., no screen no keypad, nothing...

    I've got no other themes or apps installed..., out of the box install on a blank phone...

    Only option is to do a "pull" to get it working... :aargh4::aargh4:

    Think we are back to 4.7.0.181 again...

    mfg:
    im sorry that this is not your cup of tea
    i am on a uk vodafone 9500 also and all previos versions of 5.0 before 216 came out were a no go .
    but 216 is fully functional for my self and lyricals hybrids made it slightly better
    altho it still had some flaws but 90% of them are fixable with a screen rotation or lock/unlock .
    could you share your process that you are taking on installing this .
    you say flattened not sure what this means but i gess it is wiped with something like bbsak.
    and are you doing a full restore from 4.7 as that is none to cause problems.
    i cant say anything about this build as my storm is away for repair .
    hopfully you get this working bud
    i dropped to 181 to send for repair and i hated it for the hole 2 hours i spent on it before it went.

    but im hearing that lyricidals 9530 hybrid works on this and is pretty sweet
    BBHybrids Forums - View Single Post - Leaked 9500 OS 5.0.0.230

  17. #17
    Gsmokha is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Gsmokha On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    20E3EB3D
    Device
    Storm-9500
    OS
    5.0.0.140
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey can u put tht file on another Filehost.. as this one is not allowing me to download Its saying Limit exceeded ... pls help!

  18. #18
    mat95 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mat95 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN
    20DE53F1
    Device
    9500 storm
    OS
    4.7.0.173
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    0 times

  19. #19
    ColinAlbright's Avatar
    ColinAlbright is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    U.K.
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.425
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ajthescot View Post
    im sorry that this is not your cup of tea
    i am on a uk vodafone 9500 also and all previos versions of 5.0 before 216 came out were a no go .
    but 216 is fully functional for my self and lyricals hybrids made it slightly better
    altho it still had some flaws but 90% of them are fixable with a screen rotation or lock/unlock .
    could you share your process that you are taking on installing this .
    you say flattened not sure what this means but i gess it is wiped with something like bbsak.
    and are you doing a full restore from 4.7 as that is none to cause problems.
    i cant say anything about this build as my storm is away for repair .
    hopfully you get this working bud
    i dropped to 181 to send for repair and i hated it for the hole 2 hours i spent on it before it went.

    but im hearing that lyricidals 9530 hybrid works on this and is pretty sweet
    BBHybrids Forums - View Single Post - Leaked 9500 OS 5.0.0.230
    Hi, basically what I do is first back the phone up... Then use JL_Cmder to flatten the phone.., so we are back to a fully wiped phone..
    I then run the installer for 5.0.0.230 and install the new OS using the Blackberry Desktop Manager..., then simply restore my backup so all my contacts etc are back in place...
    If I could sort the lock out after it being in the holster, I would be reasonably happy.., but my dilema is that I use my Blackberry for a living and I can't afford for it to crash and lockout while in my pocket, just in case people are urgently after me...
    So I'm caught..., I need something that is 100% and 4.7.0.181 seems the way to go, at least in the short term...
    Regards

  20. #20
    Baz00mas is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    4.7.0.181
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinAlbright View Post
    Hi, basically what I do is first back the phone up... Then use JL_Cmder to flatten the phone.., so we are back to a fully wiped phone..
    I then run the installer for 5.0.0.230 and install the new OS using the Blackberry Desktop Manager..., then simply restore my backup so all my contacts etc are back in place...
    If I could sort the lock out after it being in the holster, I would be reasonably happy.., but my dilema is that I use my Blackberry for a living and I can't afford for it to crash and lockout while in my pocket, just in case people are urgently after me...
    So I'm caught..., I need something that is 100% and 4.7.0.181 seems the way to go, at least in the short term...
    Regards
    I agree with you colin. My BB is my lifeline for new business and clients so I can't afford to be without it so it's .181 for me for now.
    Also I've never dabbled with Hybrids for the same reason in case I brick my phone.
    I gave 5....230 a go and I like some of the new features but it was too unstable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •