Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 22

  1. #9
    Curve9370's Avatar
    Curve9370 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.1.0.163
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    40
    I just installed this OS on my Curve 9370. It hung up on the setup screen had to reboot and was a little slow at first right after upgrade reboot, but improved to normal after 2nd soft reboot. It was communicating with the network too, so this may have contributed to the hang up and/or slowness.
    This update has some new features, I dont what earlier releases have as I havent used them and went right to this one. I am aware that most of these will come standard with 7.1 OS now or some point in another upgrade. The features I have found right away without digging deep are...Emergency Alert Message feature on "Home Screen", BB Device Anaylzer, Battery Saving Mode, Mobile Hotspot, Payment and Billing




  2. #10
    Curve9370's Avatar
    Curve9370 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.1.0.163
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Curve9370 View Post
    I just installed this OS on my Curve 9370. It hung up on the setup screen had to reboot and was a little slow at first right after upgrade reboot, but improved to normal after 2nd soft reboot. It was communicating with the network too, so this may have contributed to the hang up and/or slowness.
    This update has some new features, I dont what earlier releases have as I havent used them and went right to this one. I am aware that most of these will come standard with 7.1 OS now or some point in another upgrade. The features I have found right away without digging deep are...Emergency Alert Message feature on "Home Screen", BB Device Anaylzer, Battery Saving Mode, Mobile Hotspot, Payment and Billing
    NFC as well, pretty standard now though.

  3. #11
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Curve9370 View Post
    I just installed this OS on my Curve 9370. It hung up on the setup screen had to reboot and was a little slow at first right after upgrade reboot, but improved to normal after 2nd soft reboot. It was communicating with the network too, so this may have contributed to the hang up and/or slowness.
    This update has some new features, I dont what earlier releases have as I havent used them and went right to this one. I am aware that most of these will come standard with 7.1 OS now or some point in another upgrade. The features I have found right away without digging deep are...Emergency Alert Message feature on "Home Screen", BB Device Anaylzer, Battery Saving Mode, Mobile Hotspot, Payment and Billing
    Quote Originally Posted by Curve9370 View Post
    NFC as well, pretty standard now though.
    That's great to hear this Curve9370, that you have installed OS7.1.0.355, these features are great to have and use.

    Over time, you will learn to enjoy them, especially mobile hotspot

    Have you checked your device if you have the FM Radio feature installed on your BlackBerry Curve 9370?

    Keep us posted.

    Thank you.

  4. #12
    Curve9370's Avatar
    Curve9370 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.1.0.163
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    That's great to hear this Curve9370, that you have installed OS7.1.0.355, these features are great to have and use.

    Over time, you will learn to enjoy them, especially mobile hotspot

    Have you checked your device if you have the FM Radio feature installed on your BlackBerry Curve 9370?

    Keep us posted.

    Thank you.

    Your welcome. Glad I could inform others what this OS release contains. No FM radio in this release. I read at Blackberry's website that the FM radio feature in this Curve line is only for 9360 Curve (GSM device).. it's a footnote. No CDMA curve devices.

  5. #13
    Curve9370's Avatar
    Curve9370 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.1.0.163
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    40
    Having high levels of battery drain on my device since I installed this OS. I know this cause I'm running the Battery Analyzer diagnostic for battery draining too quickly it states it "high" and gives the percentage levels by the hour etc. I'm not using the phone consistantly via voice,data,apps. I have done a battery pull a few times after and since installing the OS.
    When I installed this OS I used the DM to upgrade. I deleted the vendor files first. The DM didnt deleted my third party apps though; After upgrading I didnt have to reinstall any apps at all. So do I wipe and reinstall the OS via apploader or do I downgrade to .342??

  6. #14
    Curve9370's Avatar
    Curve9370 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.1.0.163
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    40
    Btw the Battery Analyzer shows by % which individual modules are using the most. I believe one is ribbon.

  7. #15
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Curve9370 View Post
    Btw the Battery Analyzer shows by % which individual modules are using the most. I believe one is ribbon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curve9370 View Post
    Having high levels of battery drain on my device since I installed this OS. I know this cause I'm running the Battery Analyzer diagnostic for battery draining too quickly it states it "high" and gives the percentage levels by the hour etc. I'm not using the phone consistantly via voice,data,apps. I have done a battery pull a few times after and since installing the OS.
    When I installed this OS I used the DM to upgrade. I deleted the vendor files first. The DM didnt deleted my third party apps though; After upgrading I didnt have to reinstall any apps at all. So do I wipe and reinstall the OS via apploader or do I downgrade to .342??
    Hello Curve9370, do you remember our chat if installing this OS7.1.0.355 on your BlackBerry Curve 9370 would be ok?

    I would wipe your BlackBerry Curve 9370, and re-install OS7.1.0.342.

    Thank you.

  8. #16
    Curve9370's Avatar
    Curve9370 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.1.0.163
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    40
    Hello Grimreaper...Yes sir I do remember our discussion about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Discuss Official: OS 7.1.0.342 for BlackBerry Curve 9350/9370 Via US Cellular (CDMA)
    By grimreaper in forum 9350/9360/9370 Operating Software
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
  2. Official: OS 7.1.0.267 for BlackBerry Curve 9350 Via CellCom US (CDMA)
    By grimreaper in forum 9350/9360/9370 Operating Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 10:39 PM
  3. Official: OS 7.0.0.261 for BlackBerry Curve 9350/9370 via Sprint
    By TwistMyMind in forum 9350/9360/9370 Operating Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 10:45 AM
  4. Official: OS 6.0.0.436 for BlackBerry Curve 9330 via Bluegrass Cellular
    By Joe Jerde in forum 9300/9330 3G Operating Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •