Bold 5.0.0.314 Findings and Fixes - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106

Thread: Bold 5.0.0.314 Findings and Fixes

  1. #81
    mindy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    1 times

    hi

    Hi guys I am on .314 on bold. Its working like a charm but for memory leak. Al the suggestions written here are tried. One thing i am not sure is the hidden applications which comes with OS. how do i delete yellow pages and weather banking etc? i am not aware of cod files so i am scared to remove. Can somebody guide me?




  2. #82
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    Hi guys I am on .314 on bold. Its working like a charm but for memory leak. Al the suggestions written here are tried. One thing i am not sure is the hidden applications which comes with OS. how do i delete yellow pages and weather banking etc? i am not aware of cod files so i am scared to remove. Can somebody guide me?
    Unless you have clicked on those icons and actually installed them, they are nothing more than icons to install the apps. In which case, simply hide the icon.

  3. #83
    mindy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    1 times

    Hi sunkast

    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Unless you have clicked on those icons and actually installed them, they are nothing more than icons to install the apps. In which case, simply hide the icon.
    Thanks for replying. I already have them hidden. but still there seems to be a leak. Probably weather app? anyway even with memory in single digit memory phone is working fine and fast on this build.

  4. #84
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    Thanks for replying. I already have them hidden. but still there seems to be a leak. Probably weather app? anyway even with memory in single digit memory phone is working fine and fast on this build.
    It could be.

  5. #85
    dlsolo's Avatar
    dlsolo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow dlsolo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    PIN
    the tail on the iPhone
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (Bold on .238)

    I think I've got a battery issue. Not sure if that's due to my new mem card or this OS. Either way, I can drain my battery in 6 hours. And that's with no usage.
    dlsolo@blackberryos.com
    GTalk: dlsolo@gmail.com
    GWave: dlsolo@googlewave.com

  6. #86
    ChadH42 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    9700
    OS
    5.0.0.296
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    0 times
    Battery life on .314 stinks!:no:

  7. #87
    ChaosMinionX's Avatar
    ChaosMinionX is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Bold 9700 / AT&T
    OS
    .442/451 Hybrid
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Same problem on this one, as I have on other 5.0 builds.

    Browser fix works fine, I get the "Internet Browser" option, and the Icon for the browser back on ATT Bold... however it will not load any webpage, and does not give any error... just loads the favicon for the webpage, and the title. Then it displays a blank white screen for where the contents of the webpage should be. (prior to displaying that white screen, it goes through the load bar and loads like 4K then proceeds to look like its requesting some stuff, then it displays the white screen)

    I should note that 3rd party browsers do in fact work, and its just the BB browser that does not work, even after the browser fix.

    I am going to try another bold and see if it maybe is just my phone.


    PS- Does anyone know what could be the problem? I have tried sending service books over and over, I have tried manually loading them etc etc.

  8. #88
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Try clearing the cache including cookies and do a battery pull...
    Posted via BlackBerry device

  9. #89
    ChaosMinionX's Avatar
    ChaosMinionX is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Bold 9700 / AT&T
    OS
    .442/451 Hybrid
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Try clearing the cache including cookies and do a battery pull...
    Posted via BlackBerry device
    I have done this as well.

    I have also done several wipes, password failure resets, factory reset options on various programs and tried reloading the 5.0 OS.... just doesnt seem to want to let the browser work.

    Is there a possibility I have to contact RIM regarding this?

  10. #90
    wallcrawler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.600
    Posts
    42
    Liked
    1 times
    You're not going to have much luck contacting RIM about an OS that isn't released yet.

    I haven't had a lick of trouble with my browser on .314. I performed a BBSAK low-level wipe prior to the install, and the browser worked straight away. In all fairness, I don't have the Internet Browser appearing either ... but I'm on BES, so the BB Browser works just fine for me.

    What the heck is this "browser fix" everyone keeps talking about anyway? The few quick searches I ran just came back with people saying "i tried the browser fix", but I gave up dumpster diving for the original defintion.

  11. #91
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wallcrawler View Post
    You're not going to have much luck contacting RIM about an OS that isn't released yet.

    I haven't had a lick of trouble with my browser on .314. I performed a BBSAK low-level wipe prior to the install, and the browser worked straight away. In all fairness, I don't have the Internet Browser appearing either ... but I'm on BES, so the BB Browser works just fine for me.

    What the heck is this "browser fix" everyone keeps talking about anyway? The few quick searches I ran just came back with people saying "i tried the browser fix", but I gave up dumpster diving for the original defintion.
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...tml#post127460
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...ing-bbsak.html

  12. #92
    BBphreak's Avatar
    BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arek28 View Post
    Two of my friends who tried to install the 314. Tried wiping, restoring only contacts, and didn't add in any applications, after a day of use, it still randomly reboot. He even took out the memory card, so there's obviously still something wrong/unstable on the 314
    Posted via BlackBerry device

    Its with the onboard device memory....the code in this release to interface the OS and its installed applications with the onboard device memory is complete crap. If you take a look when your phone reboots at the Options>Memory your device memory will probably say its unreadable. I've repaired and repaired again, done a full format and still have the onboard device memory file system become unreadable and force random sporadic reboots for no reason just from normal usage.

  13. #93
    ChaosMinionX's Avatar
    ChaosMinionX is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Bold 9700 / AT&T
    OS
    .442/451 Hybrid
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Well....


    After much trial and error, it seems Shrink-a-OS was removing something from the 5.0 OS that was causing the browser problem. Now as to what module I was removing that was needed for the functionality under 5.0 I am not sure, as I use the same set of removal options for 4.6 OS's as I did for the 5.0 and doing so caused the browser not to work properly.

    Time to find out what caused it, thanks to those that tried to troubleshoot it!

  14. #94
    wickedways's Avatar
    wickedways is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow wickedways On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Douglas, MA
    PIN
    ........
    Device
    ßOLD 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMinionX View Post

    Is there a possibility I have to contact RIM regarding this?
    Ummm.. yeaaah.. you may want to read this to get a better understanding: How Betas Leak

  15. #95
    ChaosMinionX's Avatar
    ChaosMinionX is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Bold 9700 / AT&T
    OS
    .442/451 Hybrid
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedways View Post
    Ummm.. yeaaah.. you may want to read this to get a better understanding: How Betas Leak
    Well more so was aimed at questioning what could be causing the behavior of the browser I was using... not that I was going to inquire why a beta OS was not working.

  16. #96
    BlackBerryBoss is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow BlackBerryBoss On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL & Naples, FL
    PIN
    21F53069
    Device
    Onyx 9700
    OS
    6.0.0.344
    Posts
    62
    Liked
    0 times
    Switched over to the 5.0.314 OS a couple days ago and it ran fine - looks beautiful. However, since last night it has been restarting itself and just taking forever. Argh how can something so pretty be such a nuisance. What do I do?

    -BlackBerryBoss:17:

  17. #97
    BlackBerryBoss is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow BlackBerryBoss On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL & Naples, FL
    PIN
    21F53069
    Device
    Onyx 9700
    OS
    6.0.0.344
    Posts
    62
    Liked
    0 times

    Unhappy


    home screen

    about screen

    I am basing my review structure for .314 off of user WallCrawler - I liked it best.

    When i installed .314 I used SHRINK-OS. I choose Radio from .190, and removed all languages that I do not use also removing apps, etc.>prior to that I removed the SD card, Backed up contacts on Outlook and Hotmail (neuroticisim showing) :22:. Then backed the apps, then proceeded to do a wipe with BBSAK v1.7. Installed to OS through SHRINK-OS and the phone has been running with the .314 since Thursday night.



    So far...

    [THE GOOD]
    -- All my apps seem to run very well.
    -- Beautiful New Reboot Screen
    -- I like the overall fluidity of the theme (Using Percision Silver and folder organization).
    --Emails seem to arrive sort of close to real time.
    --Responsiveness is phenomenal.



    [THE BAD]
    -- RESTARTS ALL THE TIME! It did not at first now it does NON STOP. ARGH. I formatted the SD Card, wiped the phone, and all that. Mehhhh
    Last edited by ealvnv; 11-09-2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: added pics instead of links :)

  18. #98
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Unfortunately .314 is an epic FAIL! I for one was looking forward to it but was utterly disappointed after only a day. The constant reboots began and off loaded this OS. I did some tweaking in hopes to eliminate them but I was only able to accomplish a 4 day window then it started again. So until we see something a little more stable I will stick with 238.

  19. #99
    BlackBerryBoss is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow BlackBerryBoss On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL & Naples, FL
    PIN
    21F53069
    Device
    Onyx 9700
    OS
    6.0.0.344
    Posts
    62
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Unfortunately .314 is an epic FAIL! I for one was looking forward to it but was utterly disappointed after only a day. The constant reboots began and off loaded this OS. I did some tweaking in hopes to eliminate them but I was only able to accomplish a 4 day window then it started again. So until we see something a little more stable I will stick with 238.
    How do I go about down grading to a stable OS?

  20. #100
    digitalb0y's Avatar
    digitalb0y is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9000
    OS
    4.6.0.282/5.0.0.100 hybrid
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    The problem with .314 seems to be related to leaving 2G enabled. If I force the phone onto 3G only, no reboots. I'm almost done with day 6 without a single random reboot, and was getting them constantly before disabling GERAN.

    What I'm wondering is, since some people are not having any luck swapping just the sfi file, is it possible that the radio is dependent on a specific file somewhere else in the OS that's failing?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •